Adding a RB

Stokes84

Now that McCaffrey is off the market, I think it’s time to get serious about adding a RB.  A lot of people think it’s about replacing or upgrading Singletary, but to me, it’s about making sure we have the horses to win a game like we lost vs. New England last year. If we lose in the playoffs because the wind is gusting 50 mph in January and we can’t pass the ball, we are going to be kicking ourselves for not bolstering this position.  

A couple of options that might be worth exploring:

Antonio Gibson

David Montgomery

James Robinson

I think each could be available for a mid-round pick, and imo it would be totally worth it.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 8
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 10

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

A couple of options worth exploring are:

1.  improving interior offensive line

2. improving interior offensive line

3. improving interior offensive line

4. improving right tackle

5. improving interior offensive line

And if you run Singletary into the ground you are still screwed, because he’s the only competent RB on the roster.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

What is the obsession with adding RBs when Singletary is playing perfectly fine?  Is this like a Fred Jackson thing?  Every year there is someone they are trying to replace him with?

It’s like you didn’t read my post at all.

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Stokes84 said:

Now that McCaffrey is off the market, I think it’s time to get serious about adding a RB.  A lot of people think it’s about replacing or upgrading Singletary, but to me, it’s about making sure we have the horses to win a game like we lost vs. New England last year. If we lose in the playoffs because the wind is gusting 50 mph in January and we can’t pass the ball, we are going to be kicking ourselves for not bolstering this position.  

Antonio Gibson

David Montgomery

James Robinson

I think each could be available for a mid-round pick, and imo it would be totally worth it.

Actually we COULD pass the ball, they just didn't try it until the second half.  IF they would have done it all game, they win that game.

• Agree 2

I kind of feel bad for Singletary. He plays his heart out for the team and actually does pretty dang good and there is just this constant talk about him being the weak link and replacing him.

Depth is one thing but just constantly trying to replace him right after he gets 5 yards a carry in the most important game of the regular season, just feels bad.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Stokes84 said:

Antonio Gibson

David Montgomery

James Robinson

We won’t be losing in 50 mph to wind now.  We already made the proper additions….on defense.  No one will score on us in that kind of weather

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I kind of feel bad for Singletary. He plays his heart out for the team and actually does pretty dang good and there is just this constant talk about him being the weak link and replacing him.

Depth is one thing but just constantly trying to replace him right after he gets 5 yards a carry in the most important game of the regular season, just feels bad.

Same.  He’s sufficient.  If we want to bolster the run game, improve the OL

• Like (+1) 8

It’s a forest through the trees thing on TSW, when it comes to RBs, especially Singletary, 

18 minutes ago, Stokes84 said:

Antonio Gibson

David Montgomery

James Robinson

I'm with Jauronomo

Still have Moss, Cook, Duke.

Each would cost a lot less than McCaffrey.  Can throw in Akers too, even if his stats have been traditionally pretty terrible. 

• Gibson - Fast which is a plus.  The minus is his YPC has gone down every year since his rookie year and he got benched for a rookie the first chance they got.  Something amiss here.
  • Montgomery - Sure handed, sort of boring.  Ran a 4.63 so... are we just trading for a Zack Moss who gets more touches?
  • Robinson - Also a 4.6+ guy.  Sure handed.  I'm not sure he's on the block though.   The jag's arent out of the division race by any means, hell there the only team in that division that has scored more points than they've given up.  Had the Achilles injury a year ago so he's probably a good fit for a timeshare.    
  • Akers - Meh, guy doesn't really pop to me.  2.6 yards per carry last year in the playoffs? Yuck.  
3 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

If Singletary had to miss some games who would be comfortable with Cook and Moss? 

I would be.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

If Singletary had to miss some games who would be comfortable with Cook and Moss? 

I’d be fine with it, we don’t even know what cook can do and Moss would actually probably be better if he got 20 carries in a game. People act like these guys are just incapable of production or need to be out of the league they’re so bad. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Stokes84 said:

Antonio Gibson

David Montgomery

James Robinson

I was thinking maybe Josh Jacobs from the Raiders if he could be had for maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I’d be fine with it, we don’t even know what cook can do and Moss would actually probably be better if he got 20 carries in a game. People act like these guys are just incapable of production or need to be out of the league they’re so bad. 

Moss is bad, Cook is an unknown. I'm all for seeing what cook has but I'm about done with Moss

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Stokes84 said:

I’ve gotta say, you guys suck at reading.

To be fair, while the question of whether other RB options are worth trading for is valid, the conclusion you draw in your opening statement leaves a lot to be desired.  Just because McCaffrey is now off the market, does not mean that other RB options out there are now worth it for us.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Stokes84 said:

And if you run Singletary into the ground you are still screwed, because he’s the only competent RB on the roster.

He barely gets double digit carries per game. Hes hardly being run into the ground.  This is a pass first offense with a pass first offensive line.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.