Christian McCaffrey traded to the 49ers for multiple 2nd day draft picks

Draconator

1 minute ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

He’s done it once already and almost did last year. The path to the SB in the NFC couldn’t be drawn up easier. Hurts, Cousins, Dak, washed Rodgers, 45 year old Brady. Which of that pile of crap are you picking to beat them?  

What about the Rams? 

3,2,1…, injured, and out for the rest of the season, just a matter of time, jmo. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, eball said:

I’m basing it on their defensive talent (when healthy) and the fact they have some playmakers on offense (Kittle, Deebo, now CMC) and run Shanahan’s scheme very well.  If Jimmy G isn’t asked to be a hero he’s a very competent game manager who can make some plays.

You don’t have to agree with me.  It’s ok.  We’ll find out by the end of the season.

9ers aren’t going to the SB. That is something most on here can guarantee. They just lost to the falcons last Sunday and their defense is having a hard time stopping the running game. Also Jimmy G is a turnover machine

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

9 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I hope he plays this week against the Chiefs!

Its going to be interesting to see what Shanahan does with Deebo and Mccaffrey both on the field at the same time!

He would’ve been nice in Buffalo, but I was kind of spooked by all his injuries, and his cap hit behind this season.

As someone pointed out, the 49ers have multiple 3rd round picks: they got an extra 3rd round last year and this year for Saleh, and they get an extra one this year and next year for McDaniel.  The minority hire picks come after the comp picks.

So this year they have at least three (3) 3rd round picks. 

It'll be interesting to see which 3rd round pick was included in the trade, their own, or the hiring pick.  It could theoretically be like a 2nd, a high 4th and a low 4th, and then a 5th next year.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Would have loved to have him, but apparently teams were willing to give up more than I would have.  I could see a 2nd round pick, maybe a little more In 2024, but that’s a lot of picks for a guy with his injury history.   I guess the 9ers are comfortable rolling with CMC and Lance next year, it’s all they can afford and they have no draft.. yikes.  I don’t see it pushing them over the top, maybe I’m wrong.  Hopefully, it helps them beat KC next week 😂

Considering the Dolphins have the 49ers 1st round pick, I fully support them going "all in" for this year and then tanking after that. We should all be pulling for the 49ers to make the playoffs and push that pick into the later part of the round.

Then with no picks to help Lance, they can tank in 2023, and replace Lance in 2024.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

9ers aren’t going to the SB. That is something most on here can guarantee. They just lost to the falcons last Sunday and their defense is having a hard time stopping the running game. Also Jimmy G is a turnover machine

49ers have 9 turnovers on the year, which is A Lot going into week 7.  Bills have more - 10

49ers have the #1 D for Y/A in the run game, 3.3 y/a

#2 D for points against

#1 for yards overall

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Considering the Dolphins have the 49ers 1st round pick, I fully support them going "all in" for this year and then tanking after that. We should all be pulling for the 49ers to make the playoffs and push that pick into the later part of the round.

Then with no picks to help Lance, they can tank in 2023, and replace Lance in 2024.

I forget, how did the Mammals get the 49ers 1st?

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

This isn’t the 9ers team of 2020. Jimmy G is terrible, they’ve been hit hard with injuries, their o line is terrible etc. San Fran is sitting at 3-3 right now and is looking at 3-4 this Sunday against KC. 

It's not so much about the 49ers as it is the rest of the division and conference.

The division is totally up for grabs. This isnt the NFC of 2020 either.

Philly is rolling, but with an easy schedule. All the 9ers need to do is beat out the Rams, Seahawks, and Cardinals. Then who knows what happens in the playoffs.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well there’s always Bijan! 

49ers were already a good team, this makes them a lot harder to beat. CMC and Deebo?! I wish we had that. 

Yeah, it only makes sense for an already good team to trade for him.  Of course you’d like to have two additional great players on your team.  Who wouldn’t? I’d rather have our team and win the super bowl without having to give up additional picks-  FOUR draft picks. 

would you have sign off on trading a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th for him? 

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

49ers have 9 turnovers on the year, which is A Lot going into week 7.  Bills have more - 10

49ers have the #1 D for Y/A in the run game, 3.3 y/a

#2 D for points against

#1 for yards overall

I forget, how did the Mammals get the 49ers 1st?

Wasn't that the Trey Lance trade. 

They spent (3) 1st-Rounders to move up. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

This isn’t the 9ers team of 2020. Jimmy G is terrible, they’ve been hit hard with injuries, their o line is terrible etc. San Fran is sitting at 3-3 right now and is looking at 3-4 this Sunday against KC. 

Did you happen to notice the laundry list of players the niners were missing vs Atlanta? They started a practice squad along the DL, OL and secondary.  

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's not so much about the 49ers as it is the rest of the division and conference.

The division is totally up for grabs. This isnt the NFC of 2020 either.

Philly is rolling, but with an easy schedule. All the 9ers need to do is beat out the Rams, Seahawks, and Cardinals. Then who knows what happens in the playoffs.

Dude is clueless.  

the division isn’t really up for grabs anymore imo. Rams have the worst OL in the league.  Seattle has Geno.  AZ has a college coach.  I’d be shocked if the niners don’t win the division…..unless cmac gets broken. Again

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Wasn't that the Trey Lance trade. 

They spent (3) 1st-Rounders to move up. 

"Ahead of the 2021 NFL Draft, most analysts predicted Lance or Alabama quarterback Mac Jones would be taken third overall by the San Francisco 49ers, who traded up with the Miami Dolphins in exchange for their first-round picks in 2022 and 2023 and their third-round pick in 2022."

I feel like this discussion has occurred before, but wouldn't that be spending 1 1st round pick (next year?) 

They swapped 1st rounders this year, and gave up next year's pick.

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Did you happen to notice the laundry list of players the niners were missing vs Atlanta? They started a practice squad along the DL, OL and secondary.  

Laundry basket still looking pretty full for KC

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.