Christian McCaffrey traded to the 49ers for multiple 2nd day draft picks

Draconator

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Beane would have pulled the trigger if the price was right. That's why he according to reports talked with Carolina. No way was Beane going to give up all those picks like the 49ers did. Your post states an accurate picture of why he won't. 

Yeah, I could see it if it was cheap but not multiple second day picks or a first.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

All great points.

I have wanted a back like CMC for a couple years now, but that is just an insane price to pay (those are our $$$ picks anyways). No clue what SF is thinking here. I'm glad Beane bounced and said I'm out.

Here is the thing, we don't have to make a move. I would like to, I want as few holes as possible on our team. I also will gladly block our biggest threat from getting a player they covet as well, even if we don't "need" that player; it keeps them weaker. But holy hell I can't get over this price and the fact he is going to a team that always has injured RBs....

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Normally I'd agree, but have you seen the NFC?

Outside of Eagles...

The 49ers were pretty close last year with Jimmy G or despite Jimmy G. Their run game, defense, and See no are elite. The NFC appears to be pretty weak 6 games in. 

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

It was posted after: It's a 2, 3 & 4 this year plus a 5 next year (SF traded their 1 to Miami)

Thanks.

Too much, IMO. But we'll see.

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

It was covered up thread Thurm

SF 2nd, 3rd 4th in 2023

SF 5th in 2024

Thanks. Sorry I didn't look. I should have.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t see how. San Frans o line is dog *****. Who on that line is gonna create holes for CMC to run through?

Trent Williams and George Kittle. Deebo goes back outside and aiyuk has been playing better. It’s gonna be successful as long as their players stay healthy 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

The quote: "Source tells me their sources have told them sources have confirmed" HAS to be satire, innit?

As a regular watcher of their podcast, yeah, I think so.

They've never claimed to be insiders or have much access.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

This just doesn't make sense to me. San Fran is decent with a good defense, but I don't think McCaffery does much for that offense. Garropolo is not a threat to beat you with deep passes and he doesn't buy time in the pocket or rolling out where he is a threat to "make something happen". Their needs are much greater than a multi-purpose running back to be a real threat. They will be competitive, but it would have made more sense for McCaffery to land in LA, KC, Tampa or even Green Bay.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.