2023 Concerts

T&C

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

I was worried that Red Hot Chili Peppers were going to be showing their age in a big way.  They're still great.  No signs that they're slowing down.  Awesome show.

I am looking to add Beck and Phoenix to the 2023 concert lineup this August.  I hate Sunday night shows.

So great that you got to see RHCP with Frusciante!  Glad it was a great show. 

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

I was worried that Red Hot Chili Peppers were going to be showing their age in a big way.  They're still great.  No signs that they're slowing down.  Awesome show.

I am looking to add Beck and Phoenix to the 2023 concert lineup this August.  I hate Sunday night shows.

muppy is envious and happy for you and the plus one.  Cheers mate. Live that life yo.  Adelante! 💃 You attend as many live shows as anyone I know/ read about.

For me Im thinking "Yeah there's always youtube mup"   Shows are so expensive they've priced me out. I'm saving my pennies for Orchard Park, and a visit to meet my  newborn Granddaughter this fall in the Catskills 💞

These legendary artists will stop touring eventually.  It's great that you are able to go. Carpe Diem 🙂

Starting to look like a busy concert season for my wife and I.

Railroad Earth/Yonder Mountain String Band/Leftover Salmon in June.
Dead and Company five times in July.
Pearl Jam twice in September.
Billy Strings twice in September.

I always think I'm done spending so much disposable income on attending concerts and that I'll go travel instead. And then concert season rolls around and, sure enough, I'm driving/flying all over the country to see live music. 

On 5/17/2023 at 1:45 PM, Gugny said:

I am surprised and even a little saddened that Owner of a Lonely Heart made the set list, let alone as the encore. 

On 5/17/2023 at 3:45 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

But look at that set list. Pretty deep otherwise.

I agree with both of you, great setlist minus the encore. I would have been fine with it...would have started to make my way to the exit during the encore. 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

Starting to look like a busy concert season for my wife and I.

Railroad Earth/Yonder Mountain String Band/Leftover Salmon in June.
Dead and Company five times in July.
Pearl Jam twice in September.
Billy Strings twice in September.

I always think I'm done spending so much disposable income on attending concerts and that I'll go travel instead. And then concert season rolls around and, sure enough, I'm driving/flying all over the country to see live music. 

haha well it would appear that you are giving Jauronimo  a run for his money for who attends  the most shows race. You know what you like Clearly 😊

awesome  mate Bravo. Enjoy!!

• Like (+1) 1

Hangin’ at the Rooster Walk music fest this weekend. https://roosterwalk.com primarily because the spouse is running her food trailer  here. A relatively mellow festival. Bands include Kitchen Dwellers. St Paul & the Broken Bones, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Yarn, Marshall Tucker Band, and a relatively new band that I thought kicked butt, Wilson Springs Hotel. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just saw two nights of Joe Russo's Almost Dead (JRAD) at Red Rocks. The first night closed with "I Know You Rider." During the song, JRAD was joined on stage by Katy Jacobi. She’s a classical violinist who’s been touring with The Who for their symphony orchestra gigs; we saw her with them twice in 2019. She played a killer solo during IKYR, and they ended the song with the violin solo from The Who’s “Baba O’Riley.” Very cool! Unfortunately, it rained during much of the second set, but it was still a good show. Looked like it sold out, too.

The second night was even better, both in terms of setlist (more rockers, fewer slow ballads) and the weather. Also, the place was only half full. Someone said attendance was low because the Denver Nuggets were playing that night. Worked out great for us - we found seats about midway up, right in the center, with plenty of space around us to dance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Saw the Les Claypool show last night. He performed the entire Floyd Animals album during the set. Sean Lennon and Harry Waters (Roger’s son) are in his band. But what made the concert excellent was the opening band of Belew & Harrison performing Talking Heads material, primarily from Remain in Light. Turquaz was their backing band which makes an 11 member band.

They are together only on some of Claypool’s gigs but highly recommend if both are part of the bill in your area. Belew is an outstanding guitarist.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.