Tom Brady, What's going on?

T&C

1 minute ago, T&C said:

Giants? No way. Daboll has a good scheme going on and to me Brady isn't a part of it.

That good scheme doesn't involve their QB play. Jones is in the last year of his deal. If Daboll is smart, he'll draft a 1st rd QB and not marry himself to a scrub like Jones. Brady could be brought in as a win-now guy while the rookie comes up to speed.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

That good scheme doesn't involve their QB play. Jones is in the last year of his deal. If Daboll is smart, he'll draft a 1st rd QB and not marry himself to a scrub like Jones. Brady could be brought in as a win-now guy while the rookie comes up to speed.

Doubt it to be honest... he comes from our tree and there is no way he is going to put up with the drama. They have a pretty tight locker room from what I've read/seen.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, T&C said:

Doubt it to be honest... he comes from our tree and there is no way he is going to put up with the drama. They have a pretty tight locker room from what I've read/seen.

They don't have a QB under contract for next season and have a team built to compete. Do with it what you will.

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Carolina, NY Giants, Colts, Saints, Falcons, maybe more

they should really consider opening it up, especially for rehab and injury purposes.

The dude had major spine surgery. I'm not sure what you think he got away with.

You serious?  Possible career ending neck injury where he experiences nerve damage to the point that he struggles to grip a football, followed by 3 years of the best football in his entire career -breakijg the single season passing yardage and TD record at age 37.  

2015 the report drops in February about his alleged PED use and he falls off a cliff, having the worst statistical season of his career.  

🤨

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

You serious?  Possible career ending neck injury where he experiences nerve damage to the point that he struggles to grip a football, followed by 3 years of the best football in his entire career -breakijg the single season passing yardage and TD record at age 37.  

2015 the report drops in February about his alleged PED use and he falls off a cliff, having the worst statistical season of his career.  

🤨

Yea, I'm serious. He was arguably the 2nd best QB to ever play the game behind Brady and that was solidified before he ever joined the Broncos. His stats the year before he got hurt are nearly identical to 2/3 of those that came after he went to the Broncos. A team that had a much more loaded roster than most of what he had in Indy.

Is it possible that he was taking something for his neck? Sure. I think it's ridiculous to suggest he was "juicing" though. Peyton has had the body of a 50 year old man since he was 20.

4 hours ago, T&C said:

I don't know where the pic is now but there was one out there when he drank/sipped off of it in the 3rd qtr. of games. It looked white whatever it was.

I'll give you a hint...how else do you expect to get testosterone boosts mid game?! He went to a certain bank and they don't donate money there....🧐 

9 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

🤨

I never put 2 and 2 together about Peyton’s falling off the cliff following immediately after the quickly stifled Peyton PED reports. That’s how complete and quick the history washing was. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Dolphins is my prediction.  Pats possibly too IMO

Tua is actually playing pretty well. They won’t dump him for a 46 year old. 

that bridge is very burned in NE. He didn’t even mention them in his first retirement. 

I think people are really Over estimating Brady’s market. He had 3 maybe 4 suitors 3 years ago? What about his play this year makes anyone think he’s worth signing? He looks severely diminished skill and he’s nearly 50. I think even if he wanted to play, nobody is going to sign him 

43 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yea, I'm serious. He was arguably the 2nd best QB to ever play the game behind Brady and that was solidified before he ever joined the Broncos. His stats the year before he got hurt are nearly identical to 2/3 of those that came after he went to the Broncos. A team that had a much more loaded roster than most of what he had in Indy.

Is it possible that he was taking something for his neck? Sure. I think it's ridiculous to suggest he was "juicing" though. Peyton has had the body of a 50 year old man since he was 20.

PEDs aren't just for body builder physiques. They are also used for recovery from injuries.  

If Peyton were truly outraged by the report, he would have sued for defamation as would all the other NFL athletes, but he didn't because he knew better.  He would have opened himself up to the discovery phase and ruined his legacy. 

Peyton is dirty.  He was desperate to return to his former form and used performance enhancing drugs to achieve it.  He isn't the first guy to do it and he won't be the last.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

PEDs aren't just for body builder physiques. They are also used for recovery from injuries.  

If Peyton were truly outraged by the report, he would have sued for defamation as would all the other NFL athletes, but he didn't because he knew better.  He would have opened himself up to the discovery phase and ruined his legacy. 

Peyton is dirty.  He was desperate to return to his former form and used performance enhancing drugs to achieve it.  He isn't the first guy to do it and he won't be the last.

So in your mind, if he was using medicine to recover from injury, that makes him dirty?

Give me a break.

18 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

So in your mind, if he was using medicine to recover from injury, that makes him dirty?

Give me a break.

Think what you want.  No skin off my back.

And it looks like this isn't over yet.  

https://theathletic.com/2853476/2021/09/28/judge-agrees-to-discovery-into-peyton-manning-hired-firms-role-in-discrediting-ped-film/

Keep those fingers crossed. 😄

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Carolina, NY Giants, Colts, Saints, Falcons, maybe more

they should really consider opening it up, especially for rehab and injury purposes.

The dude had major spine surgery. I'm not sure what you think he got away with.

True. It was HGH, and it may have aided his recovery. Still ... a banned substance, even though a lot of people think it should get a therapeutic exemption. And yes, Peyton blamed it on his wife.

I doubt giants or pats.  He won't go to cold weather.  I don't think he or belichick see use for one another.  Perhaps if there is a new regime there and kraft gives brady puppy dog eyes.

He would probably only come back and sign with a warm weather super charged team.  I think he would retire rather than play out the string on a team he didn't deem super bowl talented on offense.  He could fling 5 yard passes to waddle and hill all day and rack up 4000+yards as a 46 year old.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.