Forget the MVP award. How about Josh for Walter Payton Man of the Year?

Draconator

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Started by fans, Josh certainly took up the cause of supporting Oishei Children's Hospital, raising millions. I think he qualifies for this and would wonderfully represent the honor. 

I can almost guarantee you that if the Bills win the SB the Oishei Kids Hospital will receive massive donations from Bills Mafia just because of its connection with JA.

I think it's awesome that he's just a genuine human being of high moral value. Amazing ambassador to the Buffalo community.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, TH3 said:

Pick our Super Bowl opponent who Bills gonna beat, win the SB MVP, The Man of the Year, MVP of Reg Season, Time Person of the Year, Nobel Peace Prize Winner...why not? 

Nobel was a good add.  I belly laughed at that one.  You did forget one. The Mensa, Mensa, Mensa award for resident genius in NFL circles.

Im sure we can get him to try for a Guinness Book of World Records like who threw the farthest out of a stadium thing.  We’re smart.  We can figure it out.

• Like (+1) 1

Aren't bills fans the ones that deserve it? A 20 something year old loses a grandparent which is a normal, non tragic part of life (not trying to be incentive). And Bills fans decide to donate millions and name a hospital wing after her. 

I always found the whole thing kind of odd. 

Did Allen himself make any significant donations or lead any of the efforts?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

20 something year old loses a grandparent which is a normal, non tragic

I don't know man, that's a lot of 20 somethings first time dealing with the death of a family member. And what might not be tragic for you could be devastating for someone else. I wasn't close to my grandparents so I get what you're saying but Josh seemed pretty gutted after her death. 

9 hours ago, Draconator said:

Has anyone won both in the same year?

Walter Payton was the only one. He won both in 1977.

Peyton Manning won MVP in 2003 and 2004 (and three other years later) and then Man of the Year in 2005. Also, Kurt Warner, Boomer Esaiason, Ken Anderson, and John Elway won both, but in years farther apart.

https://www.nfl.com/honors/man-of-the-year/winners

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/awards/ap-nfl-mvp-award.htm

Edited by chongli

8 hours ago, TH3 said:

Pick our Super Bowl opponent who Bills gonna beat, win the SB MVP, The Man of the Year, MVP of Reg Season, Time Person of the Year, Nobel Peace Prize Winner...why not? 

Also three 2023 ESPYS: Best Athlete, Men's Sports; Muhammad Ali Sports Humanitarian Award; and Best NFL Player.

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.