Bills, Minny and Eagles all on bye, NFL lookin lame this week

Da webster guy

59 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah it is a stark reminder of how good we have it here when I watch 90% of these other teams play.

Sometimes it just doesn't seem real.

This is honestly reminding me of the Sabres and their 2006 Cup run.  I remember analyzing the brackets at the start of the playoffs and just naturally NOT being afraid of anyone in our entire conference.

And then we breeze through the first 2 rounds and it made sense; we were just a better team.

I guess when the rest of the league starts to look inferior or non-threatening, you know your team is really good.

I'm with you these days.  Where are all the "good" teams? Why don't more teams seem threatening right now?

Answer is because we are so elevated right now.  It's not that the other teams got bad, we got super good.

It's still sinking in.

23 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

The early games look pretty bad. Might take a look at the Giants as I haven't seen them much so far. I think the Jags will win that one. Titans/Colts should be interesting too. I guess the Packers game will be interesting purely because we play them next, so I wonder if they'll simplify the offense as Rodgers wants, and if they do will they improve much?

49ers/Chiefs should be good. Hopefully the 9ers can hand them another loss and put them even further back. 

I'll also be interested in the Jets and Phins games. The Phins is more intriguing because of Tua coming back. A. will he give them back the spark they had before he went down? B. Will he last the whole game without getting concussed again?

I think KC wins comfortably. I know the NFL is a week to week league but the 49ers D got thrashed last week by the Falcons. You know the Chiefs are in a bad mood after last week. They also know they can't fall further back if they want to catch the Bills. I think this game will go like Chiefs - Bucs game. I hope I am wrong and SF wins.

Edited by Greg S

Just now, Greg S said:

I think KC wins comfortably. I know the NFL is a week to week league but 49ers D got thrashed last week by the Falcons. You know the Chiefs are in a bad mood after last week. They also know they can't fall further back if they want to catch the Bills. I think this game will go like Chiefs - Bucs game. I hope I am wrong and SF wins.

That's how I see it as well. The 9ers dont really have a shot when you consider it is Mahomes vs Jimmy G at QB. No way Jimmy keeps up with the other offense.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is honestly reminding me of the Sabres and their 2006 Cup run.  I remember analyzing the brackets at the start of the playoffs and just naturally NOT being afraid of anyone in our entire conference.

And then we breeze through the first 2 rounds and it made sense; we were just a better team.

And then our entire defensive corps got hurt and we had to play the Amerks' D-men in the third round.  Let's hope the comparison stops there.

1 minute ago, BillsfaninSB said:

i haven’t heard that term hatewatch before.  I love it. 

As a Bills/Mets/Sabres/Orange fan, I have had many opportunities to engage in that activity... sometimes directed at my own team.  :) 

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

That Alabama - Tennessee game was crazy last week. The problem with CFB is there are too many blowouts. Even when the game is expected to be close like Michigan and Penn St last week. That was 41-17 Michigan.

That was a tremendous game between Alabama and Tennessee.  To see the joy and relief from the Tennessee fans after finally beating Alabama after 15 straight losses (many of them beatdowns) was really special.  Especially when you are big college football fan and can appreciate the moment and the big picture of it. 

Michigan is my school and my team.  I was pretty pumped by the beatdown of Penn State.  I was not expecting that.  Jim Harbaugh coaches football like its 1975 still and Bo Schembechler is still coaching the Maize and Blue.  Big time running game with a good O line and tough defense.  That can work a lot of the time with good line play.  But beating the big dogs like Ohio State Alabama Georgia, etc in the playoff, we will need to get a downfield passing game going.  The 6 yard crossing pass to our slow TE will only get us so far. 

And don't forget about the USC-Utah game Saturday nite.  A barnburner for the Utes.  43-42.  And if you really want a deep cut how about Georgia Southern beating #25 James Madison 45-38 Saturday evening.  That's was a great game too.  My son plays for Georgia Southern.  So I watch all the games on ESPN Plus on my laptop.  LOL

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You can't schedule Bills v Chiefs every week. 

Imagine if you could, though?

17 straight weeks of Bills-Chiefs, with the overall winner determining home field for the championship Bills-Chiefs game for all the marbles?

It would sure beat watching Justin Fields, Baker Mayfield, and Russell Wilson "play football"!

30 minutes ago, Logic said:

17 straight weeks of Bills-Chiefs, with the overall winner determining home field for the championship Bills-Chiefs game for all the marbles?

It would sure beat watching Justin Fields, Baker Mayfield, and Russell Wilson "play football"!

If you go that way, I would opt for a best of 17 Bills-Chiefs, and the winner is World Champion

Edited by Repulsif
  • Like (+1) 2

I remember the 1993 season (had to Google the year, my memory isn't THAT good) when the NFL expanded to 18 weeks giving each team two byes. There were teams on bye every week of the season, even weeks 1 and week 18. There were SEVERAL weeks that the games just completely sucked! Pretty sure that's why they only had it the one year. "The double byes are a double disaster," then-Sports Illustrated columnist Peter King wrote in 1993. "... The bonehead result was that there were as few as 10 games per weekend through the first two months of the season, not 14. Fewer games, fewer chances for good games, obviously. Another by-product of the double bye: With so much time off between games, teams fall out of sync."

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Logic said:

The NFL would probably schedule all 17 games at Arrowhead.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

The prime time slate is absolutely brutal.

Cards-Saints tonight
Steelers-Dolphins Sunday night
Bears-Patriots Monday night

Ever since Josh and Pat reached atomic, world-destroying alien status, all other NFL games suddenly seem quite boring by comparison. These dudes have broken football for me.

Besides Bills game, I watch AFCE games the most so I’m pretty ecstatic.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.