A little week off humor from back in the day

78thealltimegreat

41 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Pretty funny.  There were some epically bad hot takes after (the right) Josh was drafted, myself included. Good thing I'm not the GM. We can all laugh about it now.........

I remember going back through that thread about a year ago while enjoying my bowl of popcorn. It was a fun time. 

I know hindsight is 20/20 but the more  I think about it, Allen was such an obvious choice.

I remember A Bill Pollian interview where he was asked why they took Luck over KG III.   He said it was a toss-up but they erred on the side of picking the bigger, stronger QB due to the demands of playing in the NFL.  Simple as that. 

I was blown away the Browns didnt take Allen.  He fit the mold of all the Quarterbacks Dorsey had drafted in the past.   Mayfield was the only other guy I liked in the class so I was happy they took Allen instead of Rosen.  In contrast, my buddy literally got up and left our draft party without saying a word.  He even text me at times during the 2020 season unsure Josh was the guy.   For what its worth he also hates Jordan Poyer.

Edited by thenorthremembers

Doubters are fuel for the fire, 

Me, ima gonna brag, I got one right finally, Allen! The right Josh! 

( I should have bought a lottery ticket at the same time 😂

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Josh Allen rookie cards would have been just as good!  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

No I'm glad you didn't t because the odds of both the Bills Franchise QB lottery and the state lottery of choice you would have played hitting the top jackpots are basically not gonna happen.  Plus you got way more opportunities to hit a lottery ticket than the Bills would have had if Josh Allen wasn't HIM.

I still wonder had he went to the Browns or jets, if he'd be having the success he's having now. Those other 2 organizations have gone through a ton of turnover. I don't know if he'd be as good as he is without the culture and coaches the bills have. Either way, I'm glad he's a bill

10 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Our friend on Twitter Jefe posted this and I’ll tell ya if only for those of us that remember that draft night had a copy of the phone calls to WGR after he was picked. 

when was this filmed?  It’s really funny “that was quite a few words if you had no words”. 

Edited by RyanC883

I believe that both Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield were badly misshandled, but I'm still glad the Browns and Jets left Allen for the Bills to select.  I believed from the beginning that he had more physical talent than any other QB in that draft.   It was just a question of whether the Bills could help Josh get past the issues that led other teams to avoid him.   I'm not sure if Rosen might have done any better regardless of where he ended up.  Baltimore handled Lamar Jackson well.  He has exceeded my expectations.  I think Josh Allen has exceeded the expectations of even his most ardent supporters.

15 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I know hindsight is 20/20 but the more  I think about it, Allen was such an obvious choice.

I remember A Bill Pollian interview where he was asked why they took Luck over KG III.   He said it was a toss-up but they erred on the side of picking the bigger, stronger QB due to the demands of playing in the NFL.  Simple as that. 

Allen wasn't an obvious choice, he fell to 7 while many had a 3rd-round grade on him. RG3/Luck was a one/two top of the draft

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.