The Saffold Report - Week 6, Bills v. Chefs, 10/16/22

Freddie's Dead

Just now, 4thandGoal said:

Great job---  He also had a good game against Pittsburgh.

I am one of the few Edmunds supporters so it would be nice to see what his grades would be. 

I did The Edmunds Report a ways back.  Once I was convinced he was OK, I stopped.  The haterz were dug in deep and did not want to hear anything positive about Edmunds.  It's also a lot of work to do this, takes at least two hours to replay the tape and writeup each play.  Once I was convinced, I didn't need to keep doing it.  I took up The Ford Report because I needed to figure out if he sucked as bad as they said.  He had a terrible game against the Jagoffs, but settled down to have serviceable games after that.  But serviceable was all he was, and once Jose was healthy, Ford was back on the bench.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't have the exact numbers for an average but here are the top players in the league "win" rates:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34536376/2022-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams

Top 10 guards have a pass block win rate from 95% to 98%. Thus even a the 10th-best guard  "loses"(or perhaps has a neutral outcome; not sure what a non "win" is here) on one out of every 20 plays or maybe 3 times a game.

Top 10 guards have a run block win rate from 74% to 83%.  Thus the 10th-best guard loses (or perhaps has as neutral outcome) on one out of every 4 plays or 15 or 16 times out of 60 snaps.

Perhaps this (or stats that are more robust beyond top-10) can start to give us an idea of how often a good guard "wins" and "loses." I think it's folly to expect perfection over 60 snaps.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.