Washington Commanders are bouncing checks

Just Jack

Washington Commanders blame 'bank error' after fan's $14K raffle check bounced (yahoo.com)

After a fan announced that a check from the Washington Commanders bounced, the team blamed the issue on a "bank error" and wired him his money.

The Commanders addressed the issued a statement on Wednesday after season-ticket holder Drew Shipley called into The Team 980 radio with a story about the bounced check. Per host Chris Russell, Shipley claimed to have won a prize of more than $14,000 from a charity raffle the Commanders hosted during their season opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Their 50/50 raffle only netted that guy $14K?  That seems pitiful compared to the Bills 50/50 raffle. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Selling mugs with ‘W’ on a Wash. St. silhouette in Maryland at Redskins home games.

A reprehensible franchise offense by this check bouncing, dysfunctional NFL franchise.

NFL has a mess in Capitol City, don’t know how to get rid of it and impotent to do so. 

52 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

surprising fact - snyder corp. blamed this fiasco on someone else (the bank.)

Everyone should read this article to get a glimpse of the kind of person Daniel Snyder really is.

This magnitude of shytheadedness is extremely rare:

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-14-worst-business-practices-of-redskins-owner-daniel-snyder-2010-11#in-2006-vendors-at-fedex-field-sold-bags-of-peanuts-originally-made-and-packaged-for-independence-air-the-airline-had-been-out-of-business-for-more-than-a-year-5

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

$14... $28k is kinda small for 50/50.

Bunch of cheapos in DC! 

Most of locals are tired of $nyder and his team.

8 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

surprising fact - snyder corp. blamed this fiasco on someone else (the bank.)

This also tells us that WTF's players are not big supporters of it.

Take, for instance, another Week 1 snafu. Social media caught wind of mugs being sold near FedEx Field that had the team's "W" logo emblazoned over an outline of a map of Washington state — not the team's Washington, D.C. home.

Is $nyder looking to move team to State of Washington, maybe outside Portland, Oregon?  Mugs were sold with logo in WTF trucks.

From team official: These were not INSIDE the stadium. Instead, they were being sold at a truck just outside it.

The mugs were sold by the official team truck (note the NFL logo) right outside the team shop. They have since been removed, the volunteers working the truck said.

bLldEjgW?format=jpg&name=small

12 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Washington Commanders blame 'bank error' after fan's $14K raffle check bounced (yahoo.com)

Their 50/50 raffle only netted that guy $14K?  That seems pitiful compared to the Bills 50/50 raffle. 

Just curious, what does the Bills 50/50 typically run? I've never really paid attention when I've been there.

12 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

It was dated for 2023! Learn to read BEFORE cashing your checks people.

You actually can’t date a check in the future. Well, you can, but there’s nothing stopping the person on the other end from depositing it. If they deposit it, the bank will proceed with their process. You can put 2045 on it and hand it to me, and I can go deposit it. If the money is in your bank, the check will complete. 

2 hours ago, without a drought said:

Are people picking on Dan Snyder again?

Can't a businessman catch a break in America anymore?

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Just curious, what does the Bills 50/50 typically run? I've never really paid attention when I've been there.

$80K-$100K

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.