Josh Allen and the Quest for 6,000 Yards

ArtVandalay

48 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

17 games.  Should it count?

Just like 2,000 yards in 14 games season... Or perfect season of 14 games... The 1972 perfect season was easier, just as 6,000 yards in 17 will be easier...

Of course it should count.

It would still be a 16 game record...

6,000 yards / 17 games= 352.9 ypg

Drew Brees current record 5,562 yards / 16 games= 347.6 ypg

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's Josh Allen, if it means we're winning he's for it, if it's in the way of that get it the ***** out of the way probably.

Were it to happen as part of a natural progression of the season, he is The One to do so. 

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The regular MVP is a curse. The nfl mvp rarely wins the SB.

I'm not sure but believe Brady has once or twice. Kurt Warner??? Did P. Mahomes do it when the won the SB? Or was that the season Rodgers got it?

Whatever the case, is reg season MVP announced before the SB and 2 teams are set? Or after? Either way wouldn't consider it a curse

21 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I think it's the week before the SB, pro bowl week they have the awards ceremony 

Ok I was wondering that. Didn't get far enough in the thread when I asked when it was. But this sounds right now that I think of it. The ceremonies leading up to SB with HOF etc. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

My very first thought…..

However, 6000 will still be very hard to do and if Josh gets there he will be in rarified air for decades with only a few others joining him.  
   This IS an absolute Dream to be living through😍

Pinch.png

• Haha (+1) 1

I have to say, I don't care about this kind of stuff AT ALL.

Just totally uninterested.  The only stats in sports that impress me are championships.

You gotta love Henri Richard with 11 Stanley Cups.

LOL....

Now that's impressive.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Hey, he has already sat two 4th quarters and is still on that pace.

These 4th quarters on the bench may be what keeps Allen from it.  I suspect he will end up sitting for at least six quarters worth of football this regular season, which if my abacus is correct, equals a game and a half of offensive production that comes off JA's total.

To make the math easier, the single season record for YPG for a QB is 347.

Josh is on pace to beat it significantly, currently at a clip of 372 yards per game. Remarkable. 

352 yards per game would get him to 6000 total yards. A first for the NFL. 

3 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

No QB in NFL History has ever had a 6,000 Total Yard season. 

The record is currently held by Drew Brees with 5,562. He had 5,476 passing and 86 rushing.  

Peyton Making has the most passing yards in a season with 5,477... 1 more than Brees.

Josh Allen presently has 1,980 passing and 257 rushing,  total 2,237... this is a 17 game pace for 5610+728=6330... shattering the record and on pace for first 6k season ever. 

Time will tell if he can do it.  Unfortunately winter weather in Buffalo usually brings decreased offensive stats so he needs to get the numbers up early to carry him into December/January where every game will be outdoor northern winter weather (games in Buf, NE, Chi, Cin).

in line with you avatar in costanza voice ..

your auto correct is very disrespectful to an all…. time… great….. VERY! DISRESPECTFUL!!! 

22 minutes ago, Mango said:

Josh is on pace to beat it significantly, currently at a clip of 372 yards per game. Remarkable. 

He's only at 330 passing per game

39 minutes ago, Mango said:

Thought he was around 325-330ypg? Not sure but he will have games where he has 250yds then next 350 and as he has shown up to400. I don't see him at 6000, however I do think it's a solid chance to break Brees"s record. 6000 is crazy numbers and would take a LOT of passing attempts and basically no running the ball ever.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.