PFF grades from KC...(for what they're worth)

DrDawkinstein

All the Highs make sense, but some of the lows have me scratching my head.

WTF are the grading Milano on? I caught the re-air of the game last night and Cookie was all over the field making big plays. Also thought JP and Shaq had good games.

Classic PFF I guess.

Who else stood out, good or bad, to you guys?

Tough to disagree with anything here on the Offensive side.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

WTF are the grading Milano on? I caught the re-air of the game last night and Cookie was all over the field making big plays. Also thought JP and Shaq had good games.

And this, my friend, is why I continue to refuse to take PFF seriously, particularly for low grades.  The high grades are usually obvious to anyone who watched the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, eball said:

And this, my friend, is why I continue to refuse to take PFF seriously, particularly for low grades.  The high grades are usually obvious to anyone who watched the game.

I thought they were maybe dinging him since Kelce had a decent day, but JuJu had a better day and the DBs scored well, so... 🤷‍♂️

Saffold and Bates…whoof

Our guard play is going to be a problem all year I’m afraid. 

Just now, hemma said:

Josh wasn’t legally sacked in spite of a ton of blitzes and Motor had a solid game, so i have a tough time with 3 OL being below 55.

Brown was getting beat a lot before he left the game with an injury. He looked bad.

Not getting sacked doesn’t tell the whole story either. Josh was facing quite a bit of pressure for decent stretches of the game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Classic PFF I guess.

Wasn't there a play early on where he lost his jock on a deke?  Pretty sure it was him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Tough to disagree with much. The usual suspects on the O-line struggled and it was a tough match-up for certain members on the defense.

17 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I thought they were maybe dinging him since Kelce had a decent day, but JuJu had a better day and the DBs scored well, so... 🤷‍♂️

Neal was matched up a lot with Kelce for some reason and got cooked, was called for penalties, and he missed the tackle on JuJu's TD which is why his score is so low I imagine. Mahomes threw for 330 so there were bound to some DBs that got below average scores like Dane.

Kelce got the better of Milano on a few plays and he missed a few tackles in general, but I would say he still played well and made a few huge key plays. Not sure if PFF grades on a curve or not where different time and situation plays get weighted more heavily than others.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dane Jackson is listed in the bottom 5. We gave up a few untimely 3rd and longs. I would imagine that those are weighed heavily on the defensive side of the ball. 

A lot is probably the Mahomes factor. The dude is maybe the slipperiest QB of my lifetime. Whatever Josh is to a physical QB, Mahomes is the same to finesse when it comes to athleticism. 

Milano played spy, which I think is the harshest graded role by PFF.  You are responsible for taking space away and tracking the player that creates the play, not the one that finishes it.  If Milano is spying, and is put in a 50/50 decision to stay high and let Mahomes run, or attack Mahomes and force the pass, he is going to lose out.

Milano was spectacular during the game.  If PFF wants to grade him poorly?  That's their poor decision I guess

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Classic PFF I guess.

I see gaps on the offensive side.  Ya gotta wonder why Knox isn't higher.  He did some Grade A work.  Davis should also be up there.

I agree with your puzzlement on Cookie.  Milano had a GREAT game where he did his job perfectly.  Made key tackles, was in the right place at the right time to help force Johnson's INT

I'm forced to conclude that the PFF graders pretty much don't understand team defense.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Saffold and Bates…whoof

Our guard play is going to be a problem all year I’m afraid. 

What worries me about that is Quinnen Williams in a contract year. He's always been a crazy/lazy talent; now he's motivated. Dareus 2.0.

Edited by Ralonzo

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Did you watch the game?😅

The interior line and Brown were god awful… it’s just that Josh is so ***** good it  typically doesn’t matter…. At least to this point.

Actually, no I didn’t.  Been flat on my back for the last 6 weeks from an 8 hour operation that didn’t get a high grade.

i listen to the game, read the play by play, read all articles and look at the stats.

Most recently read a ‘review’ that said Bates/Saffold had a good game especially vs Jones.

So I weighed the source (pff) and took a guess.

I just said 3 Hail Mary’s.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.