Week 8: SNF Packers at Bills (-10.5) 10/30 8:20pm

Process

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

It's irrelevant, the Bills are simply far better than the Packers are, and Josh Allen on PrimeTime is usually otherworldly

Is that the game that Mario Williams destroyed them and Aaron Rodgers looked God Awful?  And Jordy Nelson dropped a wide open long TD? Also...the Baccari Rambo game with 2 INTs...

I agree with this message 1000%

The Packers might right the ship sometime this season, but I can't see them fixing the number of issues their having In 1 game and 1 preparation week. That last game was just horrible for them. O-line was swiss cheese, receivers couldn't catch, and their D looked flat footed and out of position for most of the day. 

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I can’t believe the Packers are this bad. If they are smart (which they might not be), they try to hammer us with the run and take play action shots.  But their wrs struggle to get separation and their defense has been disappointing. 

if the Bills get a lead early, I can see A A Ron screaming at his teammates and going into a shell.

I hope they do. 

We are stellar up front. I don’t see any team being able to consistently hurt us on the ground. Anytime you want to take the ball out of Rodgers hands, and avoid any bogus downfield flags, I’m all for it. 

The Bills are currently #1 overall in rush yards allowed per game (76.2). They also have seen on average the fewest rush attempts per game. They are #2 overall at yards per carry (3.5 ypc). 

Teams are not trying to run on the bills. And when they do, it doesn’t work. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Get yourself a bottle of Glengooly Blue Label, do a shot at 0:00 and bring the rest to the parade, I'll find you :)

Sounds good brother.

I’m not going to speculate anymore as it’s too enticing.  I may be in that parade if happens.  You all better be ther so I can hug you guys and buy 100 shots.  Not even close to my thing, but for that moment, happy to be silly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe they are bad, but we are going to get the best of every team we play. Everyone wants to beat the Bills more than any of their other opponents, because they know the respect that will come from such a big win.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah, they're given the week off with the bye.

What we as fans hope for during the bye:

1. Players heal up, recharge and come back ready to complete the season
  2. Zero arrests/scandals. That's why after the Chiefs game, Josh said "free week this week, be smart, be safe, team above everything."
  • Agree 2

The line is just trying to get equal bets on both sides of the equation. In this case, -8.5 brings about a point of stasis. Bookies make their money on transaction costs.

The line has zero, zilch, zip, nada about what those in the know expect who to win and by how much.

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Sry for a stupid question, but Bills are completely off this week? No practices?

Yes. Per the CBA they cannot have any team activities and the players are free to do whatever they want.

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I’m hearing Cobb will probably be out for the Bills game

I think he went on IR so he definitely is out

4 minutes ago, boater said:

The line is just trying to get equal bets on both sides of the equation. In this case, -8.5 brings about a point of stasis. Bookies make their money on transaction costs.

The line has zero, zilch, zip, nada about what those in the know expect who to win and by how much.

Sure it does...otherwise they would just start all the games at 0 and let the markets settle it for them.

33 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Aaron Rodgers is gonna fold up like a cheap suit against our Defense at home in Primetime.  He’ll be moaning and pissing the whole time, and blame the organization afterward for leaving him with no weapons.  

He has never won at OP so let's keep that streak active.

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Sure it does...otherwise they would just start all the games at 0 and let the markets settle it for them.

Well that's an interesting take. As a Capitalist, I have some affinity for letting the free market do it's thing.

Conversely, as a Marketer I can see the value of throwing a starting number out there to salivate the degenerate gamblers.

I still think as time progresses, the line becomes more about achieving an equilibrium in bets... not who will actually wins.

10 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Now it looks like some trailer park in Ransomville...

Hey hey... I just Zillowed Ransomville. It looks like a very respectable town.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, boater said:

Well that's an interesting take. As a Capitalist, I have some affinity for letting the free market do it's thing.

Conversely, as a Marketer I can see the value of throwing a starting number out there to salivate the degenerate gamblers.

I still think as time progresses, the line becomes more about achieving an equilibrium in bets... not who will actually wins.

Hey hey... I just Zillowed Ransomville. It looks like a very respectable town.

I agree that's the case, but there has to be SOME semblance of who they think will win because if they are giving a team -8.5 points it's a pretty clear indication they feel that's a stronger team that people are going to be willing to bet on even if they are giving up that number of points...

On 10/19/2022 at 4:42 AM, JoPoy88 said:

citing power rankings now? As actual facts even. Thank you for playing. 

Yeah, the # 5 ranked Giants are underdogs against the Jaguars this Sunday. That tells you everything you need to know about silly power rankings.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.