Which team currently out of the playoff picture do you think will make a run down the stretch?

FilthyBeast

27 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

I know its not exactly a popular pick around here but its reasonable NE is a wildcard when all is said and done. Bellicheck kinda feasts on middling squads(and inexperienced/journeyman QBs) and the entire NFL other than like 4 teams are that

I agree.  Belichick has a good defense, and Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe are pretty decent QBs for Belichick, and Belichick sets them up with his game plans.  I think the Pats' offense is considerably better than the Jets and their defense is better than the Fish.   That's a recipe to make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Some bye week discussion here, but was curious what team or teams that are currently below .500 or left for dead will make a big push in the 2nd half? AFC or NFC?

My picks is the Raiders. I thought this team was very overlooked coming into the season with everyone else on the Chiefs/Broncos/Chargers bandwagons for good reason, and even though they are sitting at 1-4 right now all of their losses came down to the wire and were games they easily could have won. Team will obviously have a really bad taste coming out of the bye week after the MNF loss in KC a few weeks ago too.

Perusing the rest of the schedule, they have a good chance of getting to 4-4 with the Texans, Saints and Jaguars on deck and then from there what tough games are left will all be at home (i.e. Chiefs, Chargers,  Colts, Pats, 49ers, etc)

Also let's not forget they made a very strong push last year down the stretch to get in as the final WC team. Could definitely see them finishing 11-6 or 10-7 this year and doing the same thing.

The Saints if they just get stability at QB

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Rico said:

I still think Bengals are winning the AFC North and the Ravens are on the outside looking in.

Nah...Ravens have the more favorable schedule.  Both teams have significant flaws but Harbaugh is the better coach.  Ravens win the division, Bengals might get in as a WC.

Just now, eball said:

Nah...Ravens have the more favorable schedule.  Both teams have significant flaws but Harbaugh is the better coach.  Ravens win the division, Bengals might get in as a WC.

We shall see... I think that if Lamar signed a contract soon, that would be a great start to turning things around. Natives are very restless right now.

1 minute ago, Rico said:

We shall see... I think that if Lamar signed a contract soon, that would be a great start to turning things around. Natives are very restless right now.

He had a really bad 4th quarter on Sunday.

The Bengals. The offense hasn't even clicked for them yet and getting hot down the stretch is exactly what they did last year. The AFCN is also a crapshow of a division right now. They can go 10-7, possibly 9-8, and end up still hosting a Playoff game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.