Bills committing offensive turnovers on almost 16% of their drives, 5th highest in the NFL

Big Turk

9 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

In fairness anything snap or handoff related gets put on the QB. Chiefs fumble went to Josh. The two miss snaps from back up centers, goes to Josh. How about the INT McKenzie gifts Rams in opening game off his own chest? Also went on Josh.

Im not a McKenzie hater, he had a bad game but I dont think he should be cut. Just showing the stats are a bit skewed.

I’m aware. McKenzie is actually credited for zero fumbles, which is why I still said said he “caused” one. And even if you ignore that one and the bad snap Josh still has 3 fumbles.

13 minutes ago, mrags said:

Anybody that doesn’t think he’s had issues hanging onto the ball this season is delusional 

Anybody who thinks that’s what I said is delusional. I’m pointing that people are trying to scapegoat McKenzie even though a small fraction of the turnovers were his fault. It’s a team-wide issue.

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I’m aware. McKenzie is actually credited for zero fumbles, which is why I still said said he “caused” one. And even if you ignore that one and the bad snap Josh still has 3 fumbles.

Anybody who thinks that’s what I said is delusional. I’m pointing that people are trying to scapegoat McKenzie even though a small fraction of the turnovers were his fault. It’s a team-wide issue.

I’m stating with his 3 turnovers the team doesn’t really have that much of a problem. 

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Bills fans are going to spend the next two weeks picking apart stats to find reasons that the team is not really as good as their record indicates. In fact, by the time the next game kicks off on Sunday night, there will be many on here that will be convinced that the Jets have passed the Bills.

Last year it was “we played a bunch of crappy qbs ,our defense isn’t that good “. 

It's ok to point out that a 5-1 Bills team who looks good can and should improve.

The Bills have a bit of a turnover problem this year.

Tipped passes are a problem all of a sudden. 11 or so now.

They also have a red zone issue (18th in the NFL)

As much as the Bills are playing great, they can play even better.

Maybe someone other than Josh Allen should manufacture TDs? (Milano 1, Cook 1, Allen 19) Just a crazy thought.

They can play super. That is what we all want.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

McKenzie has 1 official fumble, that kc one is on him too.

If it's not an option play, then at the very least he's inexplicably trailing josh when there's blocks to throw. Thst sounds equally as ridiculous as not being ready on an option. 

McK dropped an easy one right into defenders hands game one. McKenzie has been responsible for 3 turnovers on 17 catches.

Josh is the best qb in the nfl and our best running back, when you touch the ball that much (especially when you dont throw picks) you get a touch more leniency on the occasional fumble.

"Mck as a scapegoat" get that tf outta here. 162 yards, I'm sure we'd have no chance at replacing that kind of production 🙄🙄🙄

Well they need to have a talk with McKenzie because if he did what he got the new contract to do the game against the Chiefs would in no way came down to the wire the way it did & added to this metric .

If all of the players played a flawless game & just do it the Bills would be winners in games like this with a lot more ease than they have been that drop in the end zone would have put the Bills up & they would have still had to play to the end of the game but it would have been a lot less anxiety for all .

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Stop fumbling. Problem solved.

Agreed.  6 fumbles is second only to Saints.  Josh has been a bit careless at times but he makes up for it in so many other ways.  Need to secure the ball.  In 2021 there were 8 teams that had only 6 fumbles the entire season.  Bills only had 7 all last year in really bad weather in many games.  Tighten up the fumbling and they will be fine.  

32 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m stating with his 3 turnovers the team doesn’t really have that much of a problem. 

He has 2 turnovers. If you got rid of one of them (so he had as many as 5 other Bills player), they would still be 5th in % of drives ending in turnovers. If you you got rid of both, they would still be top 10. TEAM ISSUE.

9 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

“Mck as a scapegoat" get that tf outta here. 162 yards, I'm sure we'd have no chance at replacing that kind of production 🙄🙄🙄

I’ve wanted Shakir to be the starter since before the Chiefs game but nice try though. McKenzies lack of production doesn’t change the fact you can’t blame him for the Bills turnover problem. So get tf outta here 😃.

In all honesty, I’m not surprised.  I haven’t really seen a “clean” performance from the O yet, I keep waiting for it to bite them in the @$$ and really, only in Miami did all the mistakes cost them.  Give it any excuse you want, the last play was far from the only one they completely blew. 

This team and yes even Allen can be MUCH better. It is scary, I hope we see it for the second half of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

Unlike some posters, I'm not down on Buffalo doing "cutesy" things down near the goal line.  I think creativity is a factor in what has made Buffalo's offense so potent over the last three years.  I think it is simply a matter of executing plays more consistently.  Occasional mistakes are probably unavoidable, but players need to make plays a lot more than they miss plays.  Josh Allen misses them once in a while, but he makes them a lot more often.  Isaiah McKenzie had a really bad game.  He needs to redeem himself, and if he can't demonstrate he can be more consistent on the good side, his days as the starting slot receiver are numbered.

5 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Bills fans are going to spend the next two weeks picking apart stats to find reasons that the team is not really as good as their record indicates. In fact, by the time the next game kicks off on Sunday night, there will be many on here that will be convinced that the Jets have passed the Bills.

It’s like you are inside @ScottLaw’s mind…

This has been a trend six games into the season. They’ve continue to make self inflicted mistakes being way to sloppy at times. They gave Miami a free TD with the fumble inside the five yard line that ultimately cost them, Balt they spotted them another 10 points with an interception and Singletary fumble.  Rams game should have been a blowout by halftime and opening drive against KC was a weird call and even worst execution. Thankfully they have been able to overcome those things. Hopefully they continue to clean things up.

The other early trend is short yardage. It’s very frustrating how they really can’t pick up one yard consistently outside of Josh. They got to improve in this area all around with playcalling and blocking.  I’d like to see more lead blocking by Gilliam at times. We continue to run short yardage out of the shotgun with a handoff to Singletary. It usually takes too long to develop as he’s five yards behind the line of scrimmage when getting the ball and gets blown up before reaching the original line of scrimmage.

If they can improve in these areas on offense, it’s going to be a historic season!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

It's ok to point out that a 5-1 Bills team who looks good can and should improve.

The Bills have a bit of a turnover problem this year.

Tipped passes are a problem all of a sudden. 11 or so now.

They also have a red zone issue (18th in the NFL)

As much as the Bills are playing great, they can play even better.

Maybe someone other than Josh Allen should manufacture TDs? (Milano 1, Cook 1, Allen 19) Just a crazy thought.

They can play super. That is what we all want.

The tipped ball issue is a thing...Herbert led the NFL in those last year with 17, Allen was 2nd with 16.

This year he is tied with Mayfield for 12, although Allen has 80+ more attempts, which means he is on pace for 34 foe the year which woukd be more than double his total from last year.

Not sure if it's bad luck, him making quicker, shorter throws allowing the DLine to get their hands up or maybe something else...

Wonder if someone in the media will ask McD or Dorsey about this...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Agreed.  6 fumbles is second only to Saints.  Josh has been a bit careless at times but he makes up for it in so many other ways.  Need to secure the ball.  In 2021 there were 8 teams that had only 6 fumbles the entire season.  Bills only had 7 all last year in really bad weather in many games.  Tighten up the fumbling and they will be fine.  

The one area Allen has really done a great job working on and cleaning up are the fumbles he has the first few years while running with the ball.

I can't remember the last time he fumbles on one of those.

They used to happen quite a bit.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.