Bills committing offensive turnovers on almost 16% of their drives, 5th highest in the NFL

Big Turk

Could you imagine how good the Bills would be if they would stop with these silly turnovers?  I was surprised when I saw how much they actually turn the ball over...I am not sure what the remedy is, it usually comes on careless type plays.  Almost like they think they are so good, they can just try whatever and it will still work out.  Like the McKenzie pitch in the KC game...he wasn't even looking for the ball and Allen still pitched it...

Only 4 teams with a higher percentage of their offensive drives ending in TO's...Rams, Patriots, Saints and Colts.  

The only teams with 4 wins or more that have turned the ball over at a higher rate than 8.8% of their offensive drives are the Bills and Jets.  Scary to think how good they could be on offense if they stop turning the ball over.

Bills average an NFL best 6.6 Yards/Play, 7.6 Net Yards/Pass Attempt, Score on 46% of our drives, 3rd to Las Vegas and KC and have the highest Expected Points from offense in the NFL at 81.35.

This juggernaut could become even better. that's a scary thought.

image.thumb.png.85315ea5a4b56886fae1b5782a2af061.png

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Could you imagine how good the Bills would be if they would stop with these silly turnovers?  I was surprised when I saw how much they actually turn the ball over...I am not sure what the remedy is, it usually comes on careless type plays.  Almost like they think they are so good, they can just try whatever and it will still work out.  Like the McKenzie pitch in the KC game...he wasn't even looking for the ball and Allen still pitched it...

Only 4 teams with a higher percentage of their offensive drives ending in TO's...Rams, Patriots, Saints and Colts.  

The only teams with 4 wins or more that have turned the ball over at a higher rate than 8.8% of their offensive drives are the Bills and Jets.  Scary to think how good they could be on offense if they stop turning the ball over.

Bills average an NFL best 6.6 Yards/Play, 7.6 Net Yards/Pass Attempt, Score on 46% of our drives, 3rd to Las Vegas and KC and have the highest Expected Points from offense in the NFL at 81.35.

The pitch in the KC game was a poor and unnecessary play call, IMO.  The Bills were moving the ball at will until that play.  That being said, I'm not sure it's Josh's responsibility to make sure McKenzie is making eye contact / looking for the ball before he pitches it.  I would argue that it's McKenzie's fault for not keeping an eye on the ball to potentially come his way on a designed option play.  What other purpose was McKenzie serving if he isn't keeping an eye on the ball?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

12 minutes ago, mrags said:

Wonder what it would be if McKenzie didn’t suck and create 2 of his own. 

It would be lower and we’d still have the same record of 5-1.

However, was it Allen’s fault or McKenzie’s for the turnover on Sunday?

Edited by Beast

2 minutes ago, Mafioso said:

The pitch in the KC game was a poor and unnecessary play call, IMO.  The Bills were moving the ball at will until that play.  That being said, I'm not sure it's Josh's responsibility to make sure McKenzie is making eye contact / looking for the ball before he pitches it.  I would argue that it's McKenzie's fault for not keeping an eye on the ball to potentially come his way on a designed option play.  What other purpose was McKenzie serving if he isn't keeping an eye on the ball?  

for motion to the other side to move a defensive player off that side. 

I don't think it is because they think they are too good. These turnovers seem to always come in the beginning of the games. The team seems to take a bit to get used to the physicality and game plan of the opposing defense. They are the team to beat, so they are getting the absolute best effort from every team, every week.

The more and more they play, the more they will get used to being the team everyone wants to beat.

Also, it could just be we have players who are a little turnover prone. Bill Belichick always prioritized smart system players who took care of the football and played fundamentally sound, even if that meant sacrificing some athleticism and upside.

I think Beane has prioritized upside, but we have some players who lack some consistency and fundamentals. So, one one hand, mistakes are going to be made, but on the other, they have explosive players who can score at any time. With the current cast of characters I think we will always experience a little volatility in the ebbs and flows of a game and week to week. That's just who they are. I'm fine with that, because the upside is so high.

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They need to stop the cutesy plays down near the goal line.  Either run it right at them repeatedly, run PA, or bootleg JA.  

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

Bills fans are going to spend the next two weeks picking apart stats to find reasons that the team is not really as good as their record indicates. In fact, by the time the next game kicks off on Sunday night, there will be many on here that will be convinced that the Jets have passed the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Now sort by PF 😊 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.