Get ready for Black Friday football on Amazon

Draconator

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

yep their actual stream, hosts, show, different ways to watch are all excellent. Just too bad for them the games actually suck

Best idea I have seen to improve the gameplay on Thursdays was that any team that doesn't have a TD by the half is mandated to let Ryan Fitzpatrick play QB in the 2nd half. I'd watch just for that.

• Haha (+1) 3

we'll now complete the NFL week...

during the pandemic year there were Tuesday and Wednesday games, so now with Friday we'll have seen regular season NFL games every day of the week. 

Just, for the love of God PLEASE stop with the Bills Thanksgiving games!

Edited by TheFunPolice

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Friday Night football, always made much more sense to me, as opposed to Thursday night, since it is the end of the work week, for most people.

They save Fridays for high school football.

• Like (+1) 2

My biggest issue with the Amazon broadcast is that I always watch the games later than they are played, so I take advantage of the "recording" feature.  When I finally get to watch the game, I like to fast forward through the pregame stuff and through the commercials.  I have a Fire Stick attached to my TV.  Using fast-forward on the Fire Stick is maddening.  You can either go 15 seconds at a time which is miseably slow and tedious, or, if you go for the next option, the thing goes so ridiculously fast that you miss large chunks of the game.  For example, if I try to fast-forward through a commercial break (other than 15 seconds at a time), but the time I press stop, I've blown through 3 or 4 mintues of game time after the commericals.  I usually miss a drive or two.  This is fine for a Bears-Commanders game, or a Broncos-Colts game, but this would not be acceptable for a Bills game or another competitive game.

I don't have this issue when I watch through Amazon on my laptop, but I much prefer it on a full-sized television.  I also don't have this issue with games I record on my Directv DVR or with other streaming services.

I'm curous if a) anyone else is having this same issue; and b) if anyone has a suggestion for how I could make this work better.  Perhaps I'm just "challenged" and that's the way it is....

Edited by msw2112

One thing though about Black Fridays - day after Thanksgiving has stopped being a holiday for many now due to "Juneteenth" becoming an official holiday from government agencies and many companies.  Personally I'd prefer it to be one you could flex to if you wish but I was told at work it is a company official holiday and I needed an exception to work that day.

This will reduce the number of shoppers that day as well as audiences.

38 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

we'll now complete the NFL week...

during the pandemic year there were Tuesday and Wednesday games, so now with Friday we'll have seen regular season NFL games every day of the week. 

Just, for the love of God PLEASE stop with the Bills Thanksgiving games!

There were random Friday night games back in the 70's and 80's.  Many of them were Christmas/New Year's week, but there's a few here that weren't

image.thumb.png.410e50052337f34a681197f9e60f9bbb.png

• Like (+1) 2

I actually think that it's a decent chance that the Bills get this game

They aren't likely giving Buffalo a Thanksgiving night game any time soon after they were featured in that spot in 2021

But a Friday afternoon game with no competition where they want huge numbers to justify something shiny and new on the NFL calendar? 

This sure sounds like a spot to showcase Josh Allen and the Bills - especially with how they can show all of the tailgating, potential bad weather, etc.

Giants at Bills

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

My biggest issue with the Amazon broadcast is that I always watch the games later than they are played, so I take advantage of the "recording" feature.  When I finally get to watch the game, I like to fast forward through the pregame stuff and through the commercials.  I have a Fire Stick attached to my TV.  Using fast-forward on the Fire Stick is maddening.  You can either go 15 seconds at a time which is miseably slow and tedious, or, if you go for the next option, the thing goes so ridiculously fast that you miss large chunks of the game.  For example, if I try to fast-forward through a commercial break (other than 15 seconds at a time), but the time I press stop, I've blown through 3 or 4 mintues of game time after the commericals.  I usually miss a drive or two.  This is fine for a Bears-Commanders game, or a Broncos-Colts game, but this would not be acceptable for a Bills game or another competitive game.

I don't have this issue when I watch through Amazon on my laptop, but I much prefer it on a full-sized television.  I also don't have this issue with games I record on my Directv DVR or with other streaming services.

I'm curous if a) anyone else is having this same issue; and b) if anyone has a suggestion for how I could make this work better.  Perhaps I'm just "challenged" and that's the way it is....

So their plan to force you to watch commercials & their content is working. It's by design, make it a pain to skip the commercials.

Jim Carrey Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

4 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Honestly fine with it. Black Friday is a scam. 

But nobody is working, and THAT is real. They are all available to have leftovers and watch a game on an otherwise wasted “holiday”. I think it’s brilliant, and wonder why it didn’t happen sooner. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.