It's the bye, so consider catching UB football Saturday

PromoTheRobot

If you can't make it, it will stream on ESPN+.

2 hours ago, Irv said:

UB Class of '87.  I don't think I've watched a game since.  They were D3 when I was there, and I went to a lot of the games.  I'm not really sure why I have no interest.  I watch Bona basketball and I didn't even go there.  

A lot's happened since. Bowl games, conference championships, former Bulls playing in the NFL, including two on the Bills now. (Cam Lewis & Ja'Marcus Ingram)

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I was watching the UB Bulls game and Toledo had the ball hoping to get a TD to tie the game late.  They got 2 quick first downs and the announcer says:

”Toledo just gained 30 yards in 2 plays and only 13 seconds”

I laughed but it still brought up the bad memory.

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

Got me thinking about FG in 12 seconds before half last game. KC gets ball on 28, why not hold/tackle everyone coming out in pass pattern -- takes 4 seconds brings ball to 33. do it again same result -- too far for either a hail mary or FG on last play of the half.

2 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Got me thinking about FG in 12 seconds before half last game. KC gets ball on 28, why not hold/tackle everyone coming out in pass pattern -- takes 4 seconds brings ball to 33. do it again same result -- too far for either a hail mary or FG on last play of the half.

Because intentional holding to kill clock is a 15 yard penalty and they put the time back on the clock:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/3/28/15066542/nfl-rule-prevent-team-burning-clock-repeated-intentional-penalties

8 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Because intentional holding to kill clock is a 15 yard penalty and they put the time back on the clock:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/3/28/15066542/nfl-rule-prevent-team-burning-clock-repeated-intentional-penalties

Correct. I had forgotten that one, last January. However, surely a modified version of a line bump or close brief check just to holdup those guys a couple of ticks to bleed time. 

Which, in addition to the line drive pooch KO, was the ONLY option(s)!

9 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I was watching the UB Bulls game and Toledo had the ball hoping to get a TD to tie the game late.  They got 2 quick first downs and the announcer says:

”Toledo just gained 30 yards in 2 plays and only 13 seconds”

I laughed but it still brought up the bad memory.

"I've just sucked one year of your life away"

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Can't commit multiple penalties, but what about just holding Kelce 😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.