Will this be the year Josh Allen joins the 5000 club?

Lost

He’s certainly more than capable, but he will be handicapped a few times along the way by crappy weather games that just won’t allow lots of passing yards. It’s just a fact of life playing in the northeast during fall and winter. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SMAKCruiser said:

I am going to say no due to the questionable weather in Orchard Park in Nov/Dec.  

Josh will just B word slap Mother Nature and keep slinging. He was able to throw through the wind against the Pats last year. They just waited too long to let him try

I like him hitting 5K.

14 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Teams like that typically tend to fall into the dangerous category in my experience.  They will beat teams throughout the year they weren't supposed to.

Yeah maybe, or they will get trounced 😅

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

Nowadays it seems like an off game if JA doesn’t get at least 300 yards. Because passing the ball so much has become engrained in our offense’s DNA, I believe Josh will average over 300 ypg and indeed join the 5000 club this year. 

That’s pretty amazing considering the fact he didn’t have his first 300 yard game until his 3rd season.

I’m contrast, Kenny Pickett had a 300 yard passing game his first start and so many other rookie starting QBs get their first one relatively quickly.

There’s also a HUGE difference between who Josh threw to his first year and who Pickett is throwing to

Remember when people used to defend lack of 300 yard passing games or Tyrod's 60 yard outings? 😅

It's a passing league, & clearly a sign of a competent offense. Now here we are talking about one of OUR QBs possibly breaking 5000 yards!

Oh how the times have changed 😁

21 minutes ago, damj said:

Josh will just B word slap Mother Nature and keep slinging. He was able to throw through the wind against the Pats last year. They just waited too long to let him try

I like him hitting 5K.

He threw for a 145 yards on that windy MNF game against NE.    The playoff game wasn't windy at all, just cold.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I want to see JA have a 500 yrd game

With our defense, I don't think this will happen. 500 yd games are typically shoot outs. As long as this defense keeps playing like they are, Josh will continue to be pulled when they are putting up anywhere close to those kind of stats.

I'm going to say no if anything because there's likely going to be at least a few more games where he's pulled early like the Titans/Steelers games. Will probably see a lot more of Singletary and Cook down the stretch as well.

I think he'll probably get very close though, like 4800 - 4900 yards.

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Looking back this is really crazy. Not only he didn't have 300 yard game in the first two seasons, he didn't even get close - his best game was 266y.

It's not that crazy. Most of his receivers from his first few years aren't even in the NFL anymore. And they dropped a crap load if passes.

Allen not having a 300yd game wasn't directly because if him. 

Edited by loyal2dagame

2 hours ago, billybob71 said:

6000 club?

I was actually going to comment this. There’s a chance he could be the first one ever to do it. I get that we pull him when we’re up by big scores. I get that we have to play in Buffalo in the winter. But right now he is on pace to break the all time record and we just finished the hardest part of our schedule. 

• Like (+1) 1

My chips are going ALL IN ON EVERYTHING this year!

That would be… in order:

Bills First SB Win!

Winning another AFC Championship at Orchard Park

The Unicorn Winning the MVP!

Throwing for 5000 yards, 45 TDs & Rushing for 600 yards, 7 TDs.

I don’t know whether the rest of you are following along with the ALL TIME QB STATS.

I have been since last year.

Should Allen achieve 5000 Passing yards this year, he will move up to # 121 All Time, tying Daryl Lamonica (11 years) with 19,154.

Should he throw for 47 TDs,he will move up to # 91 ALL TIME, tied with Bart Starr (16) & Billy Kilmer (17).

Should he RUN for 600 yards, he will move up to #13 All Time for QBs, just behind Tobin Rote at 3128 yards.

Should he Run for 7 TDs, he will move to #3 All Time with 40 TDs, behind Cam Newton & Steve Young (43).

Should he Pass for a 1000 yards in the 3 Playoff Games, Allen will reach #22 All Time,right behind Roger Staubach (2791).

Should he Pass for 10 TDs in those Playoff Games, Allen will reach #15 Staubach - again with 24.

The sky is the limit with his freakish God given talents! 

And after almost a generation of stiffs, bums, 4th and stupid HCs, GMs who knew your Grandfather, this year’s Bills are almost jaw dropping,head spinning,off the charts, never seen before, fantastic!

And we deserve to enjoy every moment!37E584FA-842E-41B5-825E-8FA1FCDCF702.thumb.jpeg.52bfc82f703adb51d18022b15e4946e2.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With all due respect, who cares? Actually might be better if he doesn’t because that means we benched him in blowouts or we are running the ball to kill the clock. 

allen is an absolute beast but things like the 5,000 yard mark is nothing now. Stafford has multiple ones. Dak has one. I hate him but Marino’s 5,000 yard season is the only one that really matters because it was such an outliner to his counterparts.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

I'm not saying I don't think we won't beat them.  All I'm saying is I don't think neither the team nor the fans should underestimate them.

The fans can do whatever they want, the team will not underestimate them, it’s not in their makeup.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm going to say no if anything because there's likely going to be at least a few more games where he's pulled early like the Titans/Steelers games. Will probably see a lot more of Singletary and Cook down the stretch as well.

But not Tua numbers, right?

1 minute ago, JDubya76 said:

The fans can do whatever they want, the team will not underestimate them, it’s not in their makeup.

Given a couple of their losses last year against teams they should've beaten, I wouldn't call that entirely accurate.  Those losses cost them homefield.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

He had 300+ and 400+ yards in those two games he was pulled.

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He had 300+ and 400+ yards in those two games he was pulled.

Yes but to my point about seeing more of the RB's down the stretch is why Allen might not necessarily post ungodly numbers every week, even in a blowout.

Would certainly be great to see him shatter the single season records though.

1 hour ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

My chips are going ALL IN ON EVERYTHING this year!

That would be… in order:

Bills First SB Win!

Winning another AFC Championship at Orchard Park

The Unicorn Winning the MVP!

Throwing for 5000 yards, 45 TDs & Rushing for 600 yards, 7 TDs.

I don’t know whether the rest of you are following along with the ALL TIME QB STATS.

I have been since last year.

Should Allen achieve 5000 Passing yards this year, he will move up to # 121 All Time, tying Daryl Lamonica (11 years) with 19,154.

Should he throw for 47 TDs,he will move up to # 91 ALL TIME, tied with Bart Starr (16) & Billy Kilmer (17).

Should he RUN for 600 yards, he will move up to #13 All Time for QBs, just behind Tobin Rote at 3128 yards.

Should he Run for 7 TDs, he will move to #3 All Time with 40 TDs, behind Cam Newton & Steve Young (43).

Should he Pass for a 1000 yards in the 3 Playoff Games, Allen will reach #22 All Time,right behind Roger Staubach (2791).

Should he Pass for 10 TDs in those Playoff Games, Allen will reach #15 Staubach - again with 24.

The sky is the limit with his freakish God given talents! 

And after almost a generation of stiffs, bums, 4th and stupid HCs, GMs who knew your Grandfather, this year’s Bills are almost jaw dropping,head spinning,off the charts, never seen before, fantastic!

And we deserve to enjoy every moment!37E584FA-842E-41B5-825E-8FA1FCDCF702.thumb.jpeg.52bfc82f703adb51d18022b15e4946e2.jpeg

All of this. I’d like to say I’ve always thought that Allen would finish #1 in franchise rushing TDs, and probably #3 in franchise rushing yards. Not bad considering Thomas and OJ have over 10K each 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.