Our division

Cygnus99

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Based on what? They've won four games through smoke and mirrors.

We see starts like this from paper tigers literally every NFL season.

It appeared to be the Dolphins for a brief spell there. A season is a lifetime. Don’t get too high or too low based on a couple weeks of play. 

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Without question?  They beat the Browns by 1 point in a miracle game where it only happened because Chubb wants to pad his stats more than he wants wins.  They beat a terrible Steelers team when they benched Trubisky at the half on the last play of the game. They beat a Dolphins team playing their 3rd string rookie in his first NFL game with no game prep and they beat a GB team that looks decidedly average at best.  That was their best win.

I'm not sure how that gets them to 5th best team in the AFC.  Or maybe that just says how bad the AFC is compared to what we thought it would be.

One, they are 4-2.  The second best record in the Conference. Two, they just went on the road and beat the Packers, soundly.  Three, they have a ton of young talent on their team.  Four, young rosters like theirs just get better and better each week.  

1 minute ago, Bills2022 said:

One, they are 4-2.  The second best record in the Conference. Two, they just went on the road and beat the Packers, soundly.  Three, they have a ton of young talent on their team.  Four, young rosters like theirs just get better and better each week.  

We will see in 3 weeks how good they are.

With the AFCE looking pretty strong it will be fun to have some rivalries again aside from just playing these teams twice a year. The last time the Bills had a real rivalry in the division was the Kelly-Marino years. Both teams battling for the division and in the playoffs. We had that last year with NE but that's all. Going to take more than one year for the rivalry to really heat up. All those years with Brady and Bill beating up on the Bills wasn't a rivalry. That was a beatdown every year. With the Jets you have to go all the way back to 1981 for a playoff matchup between the two. The fanbases don't care for one another but the teams rarely played any big games against one another. This could start to change if all 4 teams are competitive.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

LOL at fish fans...

(14) Ron Canniff on Twitter: "Bills fans do realize Miami has Josh Allen figured out right. And they’re gonna lose again on December 18th." / Twitter

Please. Allen has shredded that team every time he played them and he should have at least had the W last time, that’s going to be a satisfying ass whoopin in Dec.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

Please. Allen has shredded that team every time he played them and he should have at least had the W last time, that’s going to be a satisfying ass whoopin in Dec.

If the Bills are missing many of their starters again and it's 100 degrees in Buffalo in December then he may be right :)

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ddaryl said:

I doubt any AFC East team outside the Bills makes the playoffs

I just don't see them maintaining the momentum. But I am equally surprised with their start to the season

Who do you see as the 3 wildcards that are clearly going to have a better record than all of the pats, jets, dolphins?  The OP's records seem unrealistic, but I think between the 3 teams one of them probably gets a wildcard.

Edited by Rew

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

LOL at fish fans...

(14) Ron Canniff on Twitter: "Bills fans do realize Miami has Josh Allen figured out right. And they’re gonna lose again on December 18th." / Twitter

Yeah they limited him to 400 yds passing and 47 yards rushing while his teammates dropped like flies from the heat. I wonder how they propose making our sideline so hot in Buffalo?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

I still think we will win it but it is going to be  very challenging. At the end of the standings I picture this: Buffalo, NY Jets and New England all make it to the playoffs 

final standings 

Buffalo 14-3 ( 4-2  against the division ) 

NY Jets 12-5 ( 3-3  against the division ) 

New England 11-6 ( 3-3 against the division ) 

Miami 8-9 ( 2-4  against the division ) 

Also Which division is better the ACF East or the NFC East ? All opinions welcomed !! GO BILLS !! 

8 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

I still think we will win it but it is going to be  very challenging. At the end of the standings I picture this: Buffalo, NY Jets and New England all make it to the playoffs 

final standings 

Also Which division is better the ACF East or the NFC East ? All opinions welcomed !! GO BILLS !! 

You have Buffalo as 4-2 intra-division. So which division team will beat Buffalo? And I think you give the Jets and New England too much credit.

1 hour ago, Rew said:

Who do you see as the 3 wildcards that are clearly going to have a better record than all of the pats, jets, dolphins?  The OP's records seem unrealistic, but I think between the 3 teams one of them probably gets a wildcard.

Baltimore or Cincinnati, Indy or Tennessee, San Diego and/or Las Vegas. Maybe even Cleveland. I am not a believer in Mac Jones or the Jets yet. Miami...we'll see.

4 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I will bet anyone on this forum any amount of money that the Jets will not make the playoffs.

12-5? Good Lord.

There's only one threat in this division. I've said this all year. It's the team that Bill Belichick coaches. The rest are jokes.

Agreed.   Belichick has a good defense, and he has two credible QBs that he knows how to put in situations that maximize the offense's chance of success.   Contrary to what some think, NE's success over the last two decades wasn't solely because of Brady.

4 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

Jets are going to make the playoffs.  They are without question the 3rd, 4th or 5th best team in the AFC.  There is a big drop off after the Bills and Chiefs, but there is a good argument the Jets are the 3rd best team in the AFC.  

Do you know how many playoff berths have been decided on the last week of the season in the last five years?   In fact, the Bills broke their playoff drought in 2017 when the Cincinnati Bengals beat the Baltimore Ravens on a last second TD throw from Andy Dalton to Tyler Boyd.  It was on 4th and long I think.  

Game six is way to early to be predicting playoff berths for most NFL teams.

4 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Based on what? They've won four games through smoke and mirrors.

We see starts like this from paper tigers literally every NFL season.

Any Bills fan old enough to remember the most of the Bills teams between 2001 and 2016 can cite numerous times the Bills looked the class of the AFC a few games into the season.   In 2003, pundits were predicting the Bills to go to the Super Bowl three or four games into the season.  In 2008, the Bills went 5-2 in the first 7 games and finished up 7-9.   Another year, they went 6-2 or something in the first 8 games and then collapsed.

IMO, it's much more likely that the Jests finish below the Pats and Fish than above them in the standings.

I think people are severely over estimating the Jets right now.  They have caught a lot of breaks and are finally decent enough to not miss them.  They are a decent team, but far from contenders.

The Phins are ok, they could be explosive, but their QB situation will be a problem no matter who is playing.

I hate the Patriots and I’m hoping they finish around .500, but if they end up stealing a WC spot I won’t be surprised.

If the Bills handle their own, they will take the 1 seed and nobody else will matter.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They are a .500 team.  Same New England 

It's us and Miami 

Math is obviously not your strong point.  This is the NFL. There are no excuses.  Jets are 4-2. Period. That is .667, not .500.  Second best record in AFC.  They are #7 in the Pro Football Talk power rankings. #7 in the NFL.  Quite a few people have them in the tier right below the Eagles, Bills, and Chiefs.  

Edited by Bills2022
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

final standings 

Can't see the Jets or Pats winning 10 games regardless of their start.

JMHO of course...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.