Our division

Cygnus99

I still think we will win it but it is going to be  very challenging. At the end of the standings I picture this: Buffalo, NY Jets and New England all make it to the playoffs 

final standings 

Buffalo 14-3 ( 4-2  against the division ) 

NY Jets 12-5 ( 3-3  against the division ) 

New England 11-6 ( 3-3 against the division ) 

Miami 8-9 ( 2-4  against the division ) 

Also Which division is better the ACF East or the NFC East ? All opinions welcomed !! GO BILLS !! 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think the key will be no trap games. We got really screwed on that Jags loss last year and in the back of my mind I keep wondering which team could do that to us again. Divisional opponents could, Patriots are getting on a roll having won 2 in a row, Jets have won 3 in a row, . Vikings are 5-1. I think we've faced our toughest opponent already in KC, but I don't like that short week against the Lions. The Bengals game could be big, but at the same token it does seem like our Bills are way more dialed in this year. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

As for the Jets put 8 in the box and stop Hall. Even though they have good WR's, Mr. Milf man hasn't shown he can throw the ball well on a consistent basis. Their defense is legit though. The Pats are a solid team and with Bill they are dangerous. But the Bills are better and Allen seems to have NE's number. See last years games vs them as a reminder. The fish have no QB and they barely beat the Bills who were playing a lot of backups that day. The rematch in Buffalo where it won't be 100 degrees out against a healthy ( hopefully) Bills team will be a different story.

Edited by Greg S
  • Agree 3

59 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The Jets are NOT going to win 12 games this season.  They are not going to lose only once to teams other than the Bills over the next 11 games.

Yeah, let's pump the brakes a bit on the Jets.  Nice early season story.  The defense is playing the way Saleh wants, but we know what Josh did to Saleh's defense in SF.  Their offense is definitely a WIP -- it's basically run the ball and don't eff it up.  That won't get it done against teams who can actually score.  The Browns inexplicably gave them a W.  The Fish played their Super Bowl in W3 and are done.  The Packers gifted them a TD and allowed a big run.

I'm not saying they aren't playing hard, and they have a lot of good, young draft picks -- but they aren't winning 12 games.

The Jets are at Denver next week and that's pretty much a must-win for the Broncos, who DO have a great defense.  Then they play the Pats*** twice in three games, with the Bills in-between.

Come back to me with their record after the next four.  I'm calling 6-4 at best.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

And outside of that, they beat the Dolphins with a 3rd string rookie QB.

One good win against the Packers. The hype is unreal.

The way GB is going how "good" of a win was it. I expect the Bills to win by at least two scores when they play on SNF.

Better than expected but I think they are still meh teams. 

They have benefitted from playing a lot of crap teams.

I wouldn't expect the Bills to lose any more division games.

However, AFC East is the only division where every team is .500 or better.

1 hour ago, extrahammer said:

I think the key will be no trap games. We got really screwed on that Jags loss last year and in the back of my mind I keep wondering which team could do that to us again. Divisional opponents could, Patriots are getting on a roll having won 2 in a row, Jets have won 3 in a row, . Vikings are 5-1. I think we've faced our toughest opponent already in KC, but I don't like that short week against the Lions. The Bengals game could be big, but at the same token it does seem like our Bills are way more dialed in this year. 

The Lions will have a short week too. That gives us a mini-bye before going to New England. 
With numerous injuries the Bills beat the defending super bowl champs, Ravens, the Titans-top AFC seen 9 months earlier, and just defeated perennial juggernaut Chiefs.  They barely lost to the Dolphins. If Josh wasn’t running on fumes in that heat, he completes the pass to McKenzie and Bills win. 
Unless Josh goes down, I don’t have any worries regarding remaining opponents. 
They may have an off day and stumble against the Jets or some other inferior team, but I believe they’re focused and will be top seed. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.