Love You Guys

gflande1

First, I might be a little bourboned up right now, so please give me a little break

I’ve been a Bills fan since the minute I was born in 1973. I remember watching games with my family, all gathered around a little TV. I remember hearing my mom say something along the lines of “the game is over, Furgusons head is down”.

I remember Kelly getting drafted, but not coming, but then coming. I remember being at the Stadium when Beebe broke his leg. I remember seeing wide right while talking on the phone to my girlfriend (I was 16, I was confused where my priorities should be). I remember being in basic training during the greatest comeback ever, not knowing if the results were true, or if someone was was pulling a prank.  I remember the disappointment of going four in a row. I remember the retirements, the trades…our team was gone. I remember the many rebuilds, the quarterbacks, the next Jim Kellys.

I remember when Ralph died. I remember not knowing what’s next, was it going to be Trump or Bon Jovi? I remember Fitzmagic and all of the other undrafted.  I remember Rex Ryan’s Pickup.

I remember the unknown (to me) coach and GM from North Carolina. I remember the drought ending. I remember the Draft, the trade and the free agents. I remember knowing that our best days were coming. 

The Bills have been a part of me my whole life. Next to my family and military career, they have been the most important (I’ll be honest, on game days the most important, please don't tell my wife) Like all of you, Red and Blue courses through my veins. 

I love being a part of this community, because I know I am not alone, that this team is in my fibers just like you. I’m not just a fan, atleast not like the other teams fans, I don’t waiver, I don't stop watching during the tough times.

Think how lucky we are right now. We are witnessing this franchise’s best days. We are witnessing a moment of greatness. We have waited so long, our moment is now. Enjoy these years ahead. 

Thank you all for letting me be a part of this community. Thank you for being a part of my family.  And a huge thank you to SDS for giving life to this TBD community. It’s nice knowing I’m not alone.

Go Bills!

Edited by gflande1
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 12

3 hours ago, gflande1 said:

First, I might be a little bourboned up right now, so please give me a little break

I’ve been a Bills fan since the minute I was born in 1973. I remember watching games with my family, all gathered around a little TV. I remember hearing my mom say something along the lines of “the game is over, Furgusons head is down”.

I remember Kelly getting drafted, but not coming, but then coming. I remember being at the Stadium when Beebe broke his leg. I remember seeing wide right while talking on the phone to my girlfriend (I was 16, I was confused where my priorities should be). I remember being in basic training during the greatest comeback ever, not knowing if the results were true, or if someone was was pulling a prank.  I remember the disappointment of going four in a row. I remember the retirements, the trades…our team was gone. I remember the many rebuilds, the quarterbacks, the next Jim Kellys.

I remember when Ralph died. I remember not knowing what’s next, was it going to be Trump or Bon Jovi? I remember Fitzmagic and all of the other undrafted.  I remember Rex Ryan’s Pickup.

I remember the unknown (to me) coach and GM from North Carolina. I remember the drought ending. I remember the Draft, the trade and the free agents. I remember knowing that our best days were coming. 

The Bills have been a part of me my whole life. Next to my family and military career, they have been the most important (I’ll be honest, on game days the most important, please don't tell my wife) Like all of you, Red and Blue courses through my veins. 

I love being a part of this community, because I know I am not alone, that this team is in my fibers just like you. I’m not just a fan, atleast not like the other teams fans, I don’t waiver, I don't stop watching during the tough times.

Think how lucky we are right now. We are witnessing this franchise’s best days. We are witnessing a moment of greatness. We have waited so long, our moment is now. Enjoy these years ahead. 

Thank you all for letting me be a part of this community. Thank you for being a part of my family.  And a huge thank you to SDS for giving life to this TBD community. It’s nice knowing I’m not alone.

Go Bills!

i-love-you-man-bro-montana.gif

1973?!?

That means you have little to no memory of OJ, Saban1, Saban2, Harvey1, Harvey2, ROY Dennis Shaw, Touchdown Haven Moses, the Magician, Electric Co., the Entire AFL,  our only Championship Seasons nor the freakin’ Rockpile!

gotdam Whippersnappers! Gitoffmylawn!

C4FB6B0B-D2C2-4BAC-9B90-A650D37CA7CE.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 4

Well someone gets a little emotional when he’s had a lot to drink!

1 hour ago, Flucod said:

Same, born 1970, was fighting desert storm during wide right, stopped fueling a FB-111 fighter to watch the kick on a made up tv near the flight line. After the miss, refueled the plane and told the pilot to get’em!

Thank you for your service! It was seeing you guys on TV during those games that inspired me to join in 92. I missed that war, but got two deployments after 9/11. 

Go Bills

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

1973?!?

That means you have little to no memory of OJ, Saban1, Saban2, Harvey1, Harvey2, ROY Dennis Shaw, Touchdown Haven Moses, the Magician, Electric Co., the Entire AFL,  our only Championship Seasons nor the freakin’ Rockpile!

And #1 pick of the draft Walt Patulski, and the trade of Haven Moses, Tom Cousinau bailing on us Cribbs going to WFL/USFL 

• Like (+1) 1

Love you too!

8 hours ago, gflande1 said:

Go Bills!

Love you too! Go Bills!

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

1973?!?

Richie Lucas, Baby!!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

1973?!?

Or  OJ Simpson, Cookie Gilchrist and the Daryl Lamonica debacle.  Yup, stay off my lawn too !!!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.