Kaiir Elam - DROY

RenoNVBillsfan

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think we have a troll Behind enemy lines

Agree.  Was trying to figure out from where.  I think from Miami.  Gave us a lot of flack for saying the heat is advantage, but Minnesota won.  I assume hes frustrated they have lost 3 in a row and came on here to troll.

Elam will never be ROTY.  It doesn’t mean he won’t be a solid CB, and grow into a solid starter.  Just look at Sauce Gardner for one.

Reno, you’re a good dude.  A little over

youre skies on this one, but love you’re passion for the team bud.  You are a true royal blue Bills fan.  That’s for sure from reading you’re previous posts.  

FWIW, Cook, or the others are not in contention either.  It’s still a long season.  Benford alone makes it hard on Elam, as Benford knows how to play zone well, whereas Elam was a man CB at FL.  He has an uphill battle with that alone.

What Elam does have is the raw talent to be excellent at some point.  Probably next year.

10 hours ago, 947 said:

Seahawks 5th round rookie CB Tariq Woolen has 4 INTs aleady. Never heard of the guy before I read that & looked him up, 6'4" & ran a 4.29.

Yeah Woolen is running away with it right now.

He was a star of the combine.    Seattle has now twice taken advantage of teams, IMO, inexplicably passing on freaks of nature in the draft and been rewarded with the two biggest, fastest perimeter players in the NFL.    They haven't done a lot right in the draft but those are two big time players at premium positions.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Ok....I think you mean DROY

DPOY......hands down after y games is Micah Parsons, and its not close right now.

It is definitely Parsons, but the gap maybe just got closer.  Micah was exposed and Eagles showed how to handle the defense of the cowboys which is run right at Micah who is god awful against the run.  He is literally ranked like a hundred and something against the run.  

Von Miller could creep in there.  If he keeps piling up sacks, and meaningful ones, he could be in the conversation.  Especially if he ends up between 15-20 sacks, which he is on pace for.  And with our offense, teams are gonna have to throw a lot creating plenty of snaps where he can go get the QB.  Scary thing is Von said he is still learning the system, they basically just tell him go get the QB right now.  He could be even better as the season goes on.  

Another name to keep an eye on who I think is dark horse is Judon in NE.  He’s playing lights out for them right now as Pats are starting to put together some wins led by the D.  

But like I said, it’s definitely currently Micah Parsons.  Just saying it will be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes for him and cowboys.  I have a feeling they are going to lose some more games once Dak is back.  I have seen guys look like shoe ins for MVP, DPOY, etc at this point in the season and then teams figure out how to scheme against them and slow them down.  

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

We don't even know if he's going to be starting next game.

I think he will. Right next to Tre. You can't ignore 2 games in a row with INT. Against KC as predicted we played a lot of man with safety help on one side of the field (elams side) and Zone on the other side. I think that combo with Zone Pro White/Elam will grow into a beautiful marriage 

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

I think he will. Right next to Tre. You can't ignore 2 games in a row with INT. Against KC as predicted we played a lot of man with safety help on one side of the field (elams side) and Zone on the other side. I think that combo with Zone Pro White/Elam will grow into a beautiful marriage 

I doubt Tre starts...I think he will be worked in slowly over the next 2-3 games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Ehhhhh I don’t think so. 

Opposing QBs are 71% (bad), 10.5 YPC (good), 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

Love his potential, and his growth is clear. These struggles will propel him into greatness. 

I agree. QBs have been looking his way and testing him a lot the past two games. He has been beat quite a bit (71%) but not terrible.

What I like about Elam is he can get beat a couple of times in a quarter, but come back with an INT/PB later in the game. He has a short memory for being beat, but a good memory for how he was beat and rarely gets beat the same way twice. I like that moxy in a CB.

In college he was a man on man guy. His athleticism let him dominate lesser competition. It seems he was handsy in college and that may be allowed a bit more in college. He is adjusting and improving each game. I am certain with his football IQ, athletic ability and McDermott and Frazier coaching him up he will be like a Tre White 2.0. That is aok with me.

as far as DROY/DPOY I don't see it

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It is definitely Parsons, but the gap maybe just got closer.  Micah was exposed and Eagles showed how to handle the defense of the cowboys which is run right at Micah who is god awful against the run.  He is literally ranked like a hundred and something against the run.  

Von Miller could creep in there.  If he keeps piling up sacks, and meaningful ones, he could be in the conversation.  Especially if he ends up between 15-20 sacks, which he is on pace for.  And with our offense, teams are gonna have to throw a lot creating plenty of snaps where he can go get the QB.  Scary thing is Von said he is still learning the system, they basically just tell him go get the QB right now.  He could be even better as the season goes on.  

Another name to keep an eye on who I think is dark horse is Judon in NE.  He’s playing lights out for them right now as Pats are starting to put together some wins led by the D.  

But like I said, it’s definitely currently Micah Parsons.  Just saying it will be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes for him and cowboys.  I have a feeling they are going to lose some more games once Dak is back.  I have seen guys look like shoe ins for MVP, DPOY, etc at this point in the season and then teams figure out how to scheme against them and slow them down.  

I don't disagree with any of this, but I do believe he's a generational talent, who will find a way to overcome most weeks. Demarcus Lawrence on the other side help, and to think, this guys was either a MLB or ILB at Pennstate. Same thing with the Cowboys, except that all their pass rushers got hurt. Not bad...going from a fill in, to LT comparisons.

I do admit, I'm a Pennstate fan, so I can be a little bias at times.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, 947 said:

Seahawks 5th round rookie CB Tariq Woolen has 4 INTs aleady. Never heard of the guy before I read that & looked him up, 6'4" & ran a 4.29.

I wanted this kid badly coming out. Based off size and speed alone. His replays looked promising also 

2 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I don't disagree with any of this, but I do believe he's a generational talent, who will find a way to overcome most weeks. Demarcus Lawrence on the other side help, and to think, this guys was either a MLB or ILB at Pennstate. Same thing with the Cowboys, except that all their pass rushers got hurt. Not bad...going from a fill in, to LT comparisons.

I do admit, I'm a Pennstate fan, so I can be a little bias at times.

Yeah, I think Micah is a generational talent too.  But I don't really like the LT comparisons he keeps getting, just don't think that is really who he accurately compares to.  I think Derrick Thomas is more suitable, because like Derrick was when he played, he is the best pure pass rusher in the NFL right now.  But Micah is still weak against the run, and LT was a more complete player and total game wrecker.

Either way, Micah is going to be one of the betting favorites for DPOY to start each season much like Darnold, Garrett, and Watt are.  Guy is a definitely a beast.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

5 hours ago, Bandito said:

Hyperbole isn't trolling. Sauce is better than Elam. Per the draft and stats so far. So Elam won't be DPOY. Take off your biased glasses and seek truth.

The truth is

College means about as much as the worth of your posts when they get to the NFL

Elam has more interceptions

The season is not even half way over

So "1000 times better" just makes you look ignorant

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, I think Micah is a generational talent too.  But I don't really like the LT comparisons he keeps getting, just don't think that is really who he accurately compares to.  I think Derrick Thomas is more suitable, because like Derrick was when he played, he is the best pure pass rusher in the NFL right now.  But Micah is still weak against the run, and LT was a more complete player and total game wrecker.

Either way, Micah is going to be one of the betting favorites for DPOY to start each season much like Darnold, Garrett, and Watt are.  Guy is a definitely a beast.  

Good point.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.