Still the Bills left 14-21 points out there......

Billsfan1972

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

upset? don't give yourself credit for making anyone upset. maybe you can't differentiate that of making a point, one that was that they WON the game, yet, folks like you need to nit pick about a win.

had they lost, I could see justification showing the flaws in the game that may of been the cause for the loss.

yet they won and here you are.

carry on with your nit picking mac, it is quite entertaining.

upset, 🤣

And KC had the ball with a chance to win at the end.  A Fan Board is just that, a place to discuss.

Maybe it should be shut down for two weeks until the GB game and all discussion threads deleted?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And KC had the ball with a chance to win at the end.  A Fan Board is just that, a place to discuss.

Maybe it should be shut down for two weeks until the GB game and all discussion threads deleted?

you do you. plenty of good discussion going on here. you seem to be a tad offended that I find your discussion worthless. they won and even if it was by one point it doesn't matter how many more points were left on the field.

I'm a fan, on this board, am I not allowed to criticize a post/thread I may not agree?

I believe it goes both ways.

24 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

and so what?  let's face it...you create these threads to have this type of back and forth.  i you're not involved in a pointless argument, you're just not happy.  nothing wrong with that, but let's not act like you're just here to talk football.  until someone shows up to bust your balls a bit, these thread's tend to be pretty boring.  you're welcome.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you do you. plenty of good discussion going on here. you seem to be a tad offended that I find your discussion worthless. they won and even if it was by one point it doesn't matter how many more points were left on the field.

I'm a fan, on this board, am I not allowed to criticize a post/thread I may not agree?

I believe it goes both ways.

No because you have contributed nothing except to say, the Bills won, so to you it doesn't matter.  Well quite the opinion there.

18 minutes ago, teef said:

and so what?  let's face it...you create these threads to have this type of back and forth.  i you're not involved in a pointless argument, you're just not happy.  nothing wrong with that, but let's not act like you're just here to talk football.  until someone shows up to bust your balls a bit, these thread's tend to be pretty boring.  you're welcome.

I expect more of a discussion then "They won, who cares?".

Teef how about you answer the question?  Did the Bills leave points out there?  They were mental breakdowns too, which are a concern.  

As said a fumble on a hard hit can happen.  A great interception too.  Bad calls on third & inches when you have Allen as the QB is unacceptable imo.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I expect more of a discussion then "They won, who cares?".

do you?  there's usually discussion, and since the conversation isn't that deep, the discussion runs out.  if you didn't bump this thread earlier, it likely would have died.

we know the bills left points on the table.  most teams do this every week...it's hard to play mistake free football.  that being said, the bills went into kc, played  a tough game and came out on top.  could the score have been less tight?  sure, but that's the way the nfl works.  there's just not a lot of discussion here as far as i can see.

1 minute ago, teef said:

do you?  there's usually discussion, and since the conversation isn't that deep, the discussion runs out.  if you didn't bump this thread earlier, it likely would have died.

we know the bills left points on the table.  most teams do this every week...it's hard to play mistake free football.  that being said, the bills went into kc, played  a tough game and came out on top.  could the score have been less tight?  sure, but that's the way the nfl works.  there's just not a lot of discussion here as far as i can see.

I'm giving you a Thumbs up for that reply👍..... Well done!!!!!

20 hours ago, DasNootz said:

It was a pretty even distribution of bad luck, blown opportunities and bad officiating.  If you add on the Bills non-TDs, you also need to add on the Chiefs.  The end result is the game is still likely a one possession game.

You know, it certainly felt that way, but when I think about the game I don't agree with your conclusion.  Josh's fumble on the pitch to McKenzie was a stupid mistake; Mahomes' first interception was the result of really solid defense and Mahomes having nowhere to go.   Yes, it was a bad decision, but not a pure blunder like Allen's.  

The Chiefs' touchdown in the first half was lousy tackling by the Bills - the defenders were there to make the play and they just didn't.  Josh's three touchdown passes all BEAT solid defensive play.   

McKenzie's plays cost the Bills points.   

Even though the stats were even, I think the Chiefs played about as well as could be expected, and the Bills left points on the table.  The difference was that the Bills defense is better.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

and then Mahomes made the same mental mistake you are complaining about.  Every team makes mistakes.  Nobody is perfect for 60 minutes every week.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, teef said:

The thing is, we can't leave points on the field like we did this past Sunday.  Teams like the Chiefs, we will never be able to beat unless we are perfect and don't leave points on the field.  I would say the Ravens as well.  No way we beat teams like the Ravens and Chiefs unless we are flawless and don't leave points on the field.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Mahomes' first interception was the result of really solid defense and Mahomes having nowhere to go.   Yes, it was a bad decision, but not a pure blunder like Allen's.  

Call it what it was, Hero Ball.

Not picking on you Shaw, just pointing out it was a stupid, unforced error on Mahomes part.   
   That’s all we heard about Josh for a few years, even when it wasn’t justified. “ Forces the ball” “Arm arrogance “ Sugar high Josh”

I haven’t heard any National media guys give Mahomes any credit for his own stupidity. Granted, they are crediting our D but Mahomes forced two passes into double coverage….ie.bad QB play.

18 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

You know, it certainly felt that way, but when I think about the game I don't agree with your conclusion.  Josh's fumble on the pitch to McKenzie was a stupid mistake; Mahomes' first interception was the result of really solid defense and Mahomes having nowhere to go.   Yes, it was a bad decision, but not a pure blunder like Allen's.  

The Chiefs' touchdown in the first half was lousy tackling by the Bills - the defenders were there to make the play and they just didn't.  Josh's three touchdown passes all BEAT solid defensive play.   

McKenzie's plays cost the Bills points.   

Even though the stats were even, I think the Chiefs played about as well as could be expected, and the Bills left points on the table.  The difference was that the Bills defense is better.  

I contend the Chiefs left 6 points on the field.  The Mahomes interception was 3rd down so would have been 3 and they missed a shortish FG.  Bills left as I said 14-21 points.  

Shaw66 you blame Allen on the pitch?  I think McKenzie or Allen missed a call and McKenzie should have fallen on the ball (instead he exacerbated the problem).

BTW the bad third down call @ midfield resulted in 3 points too for KC.

Tell me where else the Chiefs left points out there? 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Call it what it was, Hero Ball.

Not picking on you Shaw, just pointing out it was a stupid, unforced error on Mahomes part.   
   That’s all we heard about Josh for a few years, even when it wasn’t justified. “ Forces the ball” “Arm arrogance “ Sugar high Josh”

I haven’t heard any National media guys give Mahomes any credit for his own stupidity. Granted, they are crediting our D but Mahomes forced two passes into double coverage….ie.bad QB play.

Good points.  And that's certainly the case on the first INT, because by making a bad decision, Mahomes gave up points.  Exactly the same as Lamar Jackson two weeks ago.  

It's also somewhat true on the second INT.  

However, certainly on the second INT, they were at the point in the game where the QB understands that he has to make plays.  The problem Mahomes had on Sunday, compared to the playoffs last season, was that the defense was making it very difficult for him to make plays.    He couldn't run the ball himself, and because the Bills were getting pressure on him with four, he found his receivers weren't giving him the wide-open targets he's used to.  

The INTs were split-second decisions that weren't the right decision.   But that's different from Josh's fumble and McKenzie's gaffes.   The Bills defense forced Mahomes into situations where he had to decide.   The Bills miscues were self-inflicted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Good points.  And that's certainly the case on the first INT, because by making a bad decision, Mahomes gave up points.  Exactly the same as Lamar Jackson two weeks ago.  

It's also somewhat true on the second INT.  

However, certainly on the second INT, they were at the point in the game where the QB understands that he has to make plays.  The problem Mahomes had on Sunday, compared to the playoffs last season, was that the defense was making it very difficult for him to make plays.    He couldn't run the ball himself, and because the Bills were getting pressure on him with four, he found his receivers weren't giving him the wide-open targets he's used to.  

The INTs were split-second decisions that weren't the right decision.   But that's different from Josh's fumble and McKenzie's gaffes.   The Bills defense forced Mahomes into situations where he had to decide.   The Bills miscues were self-inflicted.

And that is exactly what I said, the Bills mistakes were self inflicted.  

I will never understand why on a 3rd & <1, why the Bills don't just do a QB sneak or line up for that & then play action if they must.  A pitch to Singletary is nothing but asking for trouble. 

On 10/17/2022 at 12:01 PM, FilthyBeast said:

It's truly impressive that this team still probably hasn't played their best game yet and is sitting at 5-1 coming out of the most difficult part of their schedule on paper.

Yes, as others have said we've left alot of meat on that bone.  People defending McKittrick on the dropped pitch and stumbled route are borderline comical.  We're so ridiculously talented yet we still shoot ourselves in the foot. Last year's NE playoff game is a perfect example of doing everything right. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.