Still the Bills left 14-21 points out there......

Billsfan1972

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

That fg before half was again a result of terrible defensive play calling.

Nah. Holding them to a 62 yard FG try is a win. They made it, good for them. I'll take that every time over an aggressive defense that leaves us vulnerable to a deep TD completion.

The problem with the divisional game is we didn't squib it. Squibbing it this time took 4 seconds off the clock. In the divisional round that would have meant 9 seconds instead of 13 seconds. I think that would have made the difference.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I thought someone would be noting that as I can imagine what was being said online during the game at what were terrible plays/calls.

The scoreboard frankly doesn't belie that the Bills were the much better team yesterday.

Yes can argue the Chiefs would have had 6 more (Int and missed short FG), but then again gifted them a 62 yarder before halftime (Frazier again terrible defence). 

But geez the Bills should have had a minimum of 14 more points.  McKenzie cost them 10-14 himself and then a great 3rd & 1 call. 

When the Bills get it all together, watch out.

The good news, is they've now prevailed in two close games.😉    

BREAKING: a sports team that makes lots of plays leaves a couple on the field every game because it’s hard AF to be perfect all the time.  

And over to Julie for a weather update. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, uninja said:

BREAKING: a sports team that makes lots of plays leaves a couple on the field every game because it’s hard AF to be perfect all the time.  

And over to Julie for a weather update. 

Couldn’t have said it better. 🤫

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Right.  It means bashing the Bills for every bad play.  Disappearing when the Bills are doing good things.  Calling the game over in the first quarter.  Wanting McD and Frazier fired by halftime.  Then vanishing when the Bills win.

There should be a name for it. I propose Scottlawing/Scottlawed. “Wow, billsfan1972 scottlawed the hell out of the game day thread. GO BILLS!”

• Haha (+1) 2

They allowed them in 12 seconds and one time out to get to the 44.  As said all's well that ends well.

I was waiting for someone to post, but has to be said.

Come on tell me the game thread yesterday wasn't going ballistic as the Bills squandered opportunities?

The GDT is not a thing to base any assumption on, it is always a cesspool of despair and anguish full

of the worst hot takes imaginable.

(Well okay, almost always)😂

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

The GDT is not a thing to base any assumption on, it is always a cesspool of despair and anguish full

of the worst hot takes imaginable.

(Well okay, almost always)😂

A fumble on a hard hit or good strip is one thing.  Bad communication is another.  

When a receiver trips on the turf is different from a bad pass or coverage.

An easy first down with a qb sneak is football 101.  

These were mental mistakes 

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

A fumble on a hard hit or good strip is one thing.  Bad communication is another.  

When a receiver trips on the turf is different from a bad pass or coverage.

An easy first down with a qb sneak is football 101.  

These were mental mistakes 

Like i said,  the game day thread is not a reliable resource, it is a hot take repository, governed by unhinged emotion and shallow thought processes.

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Not complaining, just posting a thread for discussion.

I think the Bills just left points on the board.

You’re lying. You are complaining, as you so often do. You are insufferable.

Me, I’ll take the “W” any way we can get it. Who will care about whether it might have been a different score if so-and-so didn’t do this or that. We are finding ways to win, as all good teams do. Maybe they’ll get better as the season progresses.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I thought someone would be noting that as I can imagine what was being said online during the game at what were terrible plays/calls.

The scoreboard frankly doesn't belie that the Bills were the much better team yesterday.

Yes can argue the Chiefs would have had 6 more (Int and missed short FG), but then again gifted them a 62 yarder before halftime (Frazier again terrible defence). 

But geez the Bills should have had a minimum of 14 more points.  McKenzie cost them 10-14 himself and then a great 3rd & 1 call. 

When the Bills get it all together, watch out.

The good news, is they've now prevailed in two close games.😉    

Rough game for McKenzie.  I’ve seen people try to say that the fumble was more on Josh for trying to improvise as it not part of the play design.  McKenzie was not expecting to get the ball.

But his stumble in the end zone certainly cost the team 7

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hold Patrick Mahomes and the #1 scoring offense to 20 at home and “Frazier with terrible defense again.”

WTF

THIS!!!!!!!

ALL EFFING DAY, MONTH, AND YEAR

We beat them in the playoffs too but couldn’t close it out.

McD going for it in fourth on our side of the field , missing it , and doing it again??? It tells me he is truly all in on both the O and the D and realizes “ Scared money don’t make money”.

That people don’t seem to understand how good an Offense KC has is truly mystifying 😵

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 1

You guy's get so serious.  The Bills played very well, but as said there were errors that were more mental then physical.  Sorry McKenzie alone cost the Bills 10-14 points.   As said you get hit hard and fumble that's one thing, but not being ready for the pitch and then not getting falling on it is something else.  That 3rd and one call too at midfield.

KC as said, yes left 6 points out there.

Just listening to Bill Simmons and he too said the Bills were much better and score was closer then it should have been.

I was very happy with the win, just thought they could tighten up a few areas (nothing they can do about the reffing😝). 

Edited by Billsfan1972

There’s no way this team should be bottom half of the league in red zone efficiency, and play-calling needs to be better there.

The Bills were effective running the ball against the Chiefs, and I’m not sure there’s a good reason why you throw the ball three straight plays from the Chiefs’ three yard line, on a drive you dominated by running the ball.

This is my only concern from the game, because it’s a recurring one.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Ecmic82 said:

There’s no way this team should be bottom half of the league in red zone efficiency, and play-calling needs to be better there.

The Bills were effective running the ball against the Chiefs, and I’m not sure there’s a good reason why you throw the ball three straight plays from the Chiefs’ three yard line, on a drive you dominated by running the ball.

This is my only concern from the game, because it’s a recurring one.

This type of talk is not allowed.  

However McKenzie tripped and 4th down you are passing.  

Little things to clean up and yes the Bills I thought dominated (as do most of the national press) and should have won by 14.

How terrible to post a question like this....  My bad.

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This type of talk is not allowed.  

However McKenzie tripped and 4th down you are passing.  

Little things to clean up and yes the Bills I thought dominated (as do most of the national press) and should have won by 14.

How terrible to post a question like this....  My bad.

oh stop it.

40 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

they

won

the

game.

who cares how many points were left on the field.

they

won

the

game...

This is a Fan board.  Why are you here if upset about these types of threads.

Appreciate the response.....  Thanks for the reminder they won the game.

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This is a Fan board.  Why are you here if upset about these types of threads.

Appreciate the response.....  Thanks for the reminder they won the game.

upset? don't give yourself credit for making anyone upset. maybe you can't differentiate that of making a point, one that was that they WON the game, yet, folks like you need to nit pick about a win.

had they lost, I could see justification showing the flaws in the game that may of been the cause for the loss.

yet they won and here you are.

carry on with your nit picking mac, it is quite entertaining.

upset, 🤣

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.