Still the Bills left 14-21 points out there......

Billsfan1972

I thought someone would be noting that as I can imagine what was being said online during the game at what were terrible plays/calls.

The scoreboard frankly doesn't belie that the Bills were the much better team yesterday.

Yes can argue the Chiefs would have had 6 more (Int and missed short FG), but then again gifted them a 62 yarder before halftime (Frazier again terrible defence). 

But geez the Bills should have had a minimum of 14 more points.  McKenzie cost them 10-14 himself and then a great 3rd & 1 call. 

When the Bills get it all together, watch out.

The good news, is they've now prevailed in two close games.😉    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 5

Just now, Process said:

You could say this about every single game this year. 

not quite the same with the last few games.

Sure, it's easy to say Josh missed open targets, made bad reads, and motor missed a few holes, Josh fumbling, missed interceptiosn. 

But yesterday specifically:

McKenzie dropped a dumb Josh pitch - if better communicated and all then we make that play.

McKenzie dropping a pass which could have been a touchdown

There were a few more but i don't even care but we had specific scoring plays we should have made.

7 minutes ago, Process said:

You could say this about every single game this year. 

This - there are mistakes made every game by every team.  Getting a little tiresome reading "if _________________ didn't drop that ball" or "if they hadn't fumbled"

I know we have been spoiled by the amount of no punt games, but it's almost as if the other teams have guys who are paid to stop the offense from scoring every time

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hold Patrick Mahomes and the #1 scoring offense to 20 at home and “Frazier with terrible defense again.”

WTF

Good tweedledum & tweedledee back to back posts.  That fg before half was again a result of terrible defensive play calling.  I just was pointing out something that was an exact copy of 13 seconds. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3

You're totally right.

I have never seen a team that so often wins in such impressive fashion while still also seeming to always leave meat on the bone.

It sounds crazy for a team that is #1 in both offensive and defensive DVOA and the AFC #1 seed and Super Bowl favorites, but it feels like this Bills team still isn't playing their best football yet.

Growth mindset, something something something.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

It was a pretty even distribution of bad luck, blown opportunities and bad officiating.  If you add on the Bills non-TDs, you also need to add on the Chiefs.  The end result is the game is still likely a one possession game.

I did.  The Int KC's first drive should have been a FG and they missed a chop shot.  Anything as egregious as McKenzie's errors?  The fumble was 1st down, the Int was 3rd. 

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Hey people were complaining about close scoring games, the team provides and people still aren't happy, guess we'll just go back to blowing people out.

Not complaining, just posting a thread for discussion.

I think the Bills just left points on the board.

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hold Patrick Mahomes and the #1 scoring offense to 20 at home and “Frazier with terrible defense again.”

WTF

Lol, only on the two plays before the half when they went prevent and ceded a FG attempt in 12 seconds. 

But on the whole, that was championship caliber defense.

I think the op is echoing what Romo was saying before the game. That the only thing that can stop the Bills offense is themselves. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.