Tre White expected back to full practice after the Bye (update - won’t play vs GB)

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Why do some keep saying Tre could go on another 4 weeks of IR?  My understanding is that if Tre is not added to the 53-man roster by the Jets game, he must go on season-ending IR.  Which is correct?

I believe what people are saying is that he needs to be added to the 53 by next Tuesday. Then once added to the roster they could designate Tre to Ir for another 4 weeks.

If he is not added to the 53 then yes it would be season ending.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I saw the same and wondered the same thing.

There was a bobble yesterday as well, did he just catch his foot or was it his knee?

He is wearing some kind of cleats today though where yesterday it was sneakers

He's going to favor that knee a little. It's human nature. He's go on the 53 next week but probably put on a 4 week IR scenario. Do not rush him back. I want him as close to 100% as possible for the playoffs. Maybe play him a little against the Bears or Cinncy.

I just think they are not rushing anything and there are currently no open roster spots - so no sense in having to create a roster spot until you need to.

They have been happy with the play of the youngsters - play them again and see if anything happens that opens a spot for you.  If not then you make the deal and figure out who to cut and make a spot for him.

He seems to be moving around fine - so let him keep practicing and make the move on your terms. 

Bottomline

the Play of 

Jackson

Elam

Benford 

have given the Bills the ultimate luxury of taking their Time with Tre. Heck I could see IR in future if he isn’t ready as long as he can be activated in 4 weeks. 

the Depth allows not Rushing Tre back. 

13 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Even if he returns after another 4 weeks on IR, he will have 6 regular season games to shake off the rust before the playoffs. Plenty of time. 

Sorry here Ray but if not activated next week he cannot go on recallable IR.  Choices are activate, release or season ending IR. 

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/8/2/12346452/understanding-nfl-roster-designations-injured-reserve-pup-nfi

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Is he even going to be at the level where it's worth it after missing most if not all of the year?

Half the season is still left. Even if he sits out a couple more games, he'll still have a bunch of games to get ramped up and in top form for the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.