Was it Allen or Daboll?

Charles Romes

49 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Dabol is a better HC then OC. Who knew?

One of the smartest decisions  he has made so far was to let Kafka call the plays. Kafka has done a solid job and it's allowed Daboll to run the team instead of focusing on offense. That's why it's silly to me that teams focus on hiring these young offensive savants that may have great ideas on how to run an offense...but are terrible at running a team. Kingsbury comes to mind.

50 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It was different game then.  Wasn't as reliant on the pass, running the ball was the in thing to do.

You are correct, however those teams that won in the 90's did both really well. Aikman, Kelly, Young would have thrived throwing the ball as much as the Qb's do now. 

Edited by Stenbar
Mispoke

59 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

No there aren't.  He is a legit NFL starter.  They are 6-1.  You don't go 6-1 in the NFL with a guy who can't play.  He is coming back to win games too.  He is not in the top 1/2 of starters in the NFL, but he clearly in knocking on the door.  

Ehh, I would tend to disagree that he’s knocking on the door of top half of the league.  I’d say Jimmy G, Hundley (Balt), Trubiski, Minshew, Heineke, maybe Rush, etc are all just as good if not better than Jones, and yes I know some are playing, but they are  backups.

Edited by DCofNC
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

No there aren't.  He is a legit NFL starter.  They are 6-1.  You don't go 6-1 in the NFL with a guy who can't play.  He is coming back to win games too.  He is not in the top 1/2 of starters in the NFL, but he clearly in knocking on the door.  

100% agree. Daniel Jones finally had a competent coaching staff around him and is starting to show why he was drafted so high. And he’s doing this with no legit weapons to throw to. He’s flashed talent throughout his career and actually has some wheels on him but was never consistent. I’ll be watching to see what the giants look like next year when Daboll gets him some weapons. If I couldn’t get him on a cost effective long term contract I would franchise him and see how he does with real wide receivers next year. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Stenbar said:

You are correct, however those teams that won in the 90's did both really well. Aikman, Kelly, Young would have thrived throwing the ball as much as the Qb's do now. 

True but you were talking about Hostetler and Rypien.  Not sure those guys could win today as need big passing game.

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Who knew Geno Smith could actually play football?

I’m sure Aaron Rodgers will try to turn it up for Buffalo on Sunday night

It’s up to us to turn him down

I mean Rodgers can try, but he has no one to throw to. 

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Who knew Geno Smith could actually play football?

I’m sure Aaron Rodgers will try to turn it up for Buffalo on Sunday night

It’s up to us to turn him down

Geno was awesome in college, legitimately looked like a 1st round pick.  I think it’s obvious he can play, the question has always been, is he smart enough to make the adjustments pre-snap and make the smart play under pressure.  Early on, the answer was no.  He has been better this year, but still nothing to write home about.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Giants at 6-1 have a +20 point differential

The Jags for reference at 2-5 are at  +18

Classic example of find a way to win vs find a way to lose.

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Geno was awesome in college, legitimately looked like a 1st round pick.  I think it’s obvious he can play, the question has always been, is he smart enough to make the adjustments pre-snap and make the smart play under pressure.  Early on, the answer was no.  He has been better this year, but still nothing to write home about.

Classic example of find a way to win vs find a way to lose.

Aka luck

Originally, I thought it was all Allen and that he carried Daboll. Daboll before the Bills was mediocre, though he never had a QB. 

Perhaps Daboll is just an average OC, but great HC and Allen was destined for greatness regardless.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.