Was it Allen or Daboll?

Charles Romes

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yes.

He has also been running plenty.

McD made many comments last year about the offense needing to be more “balanced”. Turns out that Daboll has no problem running - he just knew we didn’t have the horses to run.

Plus we have a unicorn in Allen.

They’ve beaten the Titans, Ravens and Packers.

Not elite teams, but decent teams anyway.

Your right , you can’t downplay a good record there all NFL teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

Love Dabs. Good for him. He has made the Giants fun to watch again.

Time will tell how much sustained success he can have with DJ but I believe in Daboll as the long term answer at HC for the Giants. I still thinks he gets "too cute" sometimes with his decisions (like he did as OC here), but it's a hoot to watch.

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

So, is Daniel Jones the future of the Giants?

No, but Daboll is.

1 minute ago, LittleSammy said:

Wink Martindale also deserves a major portion of the credit for improving the Giant's defense. It is not all Daboll.

I was surprised when Harbaugh scapegoated him.

I have to question the decision, on the last run play before the Giants kicked the field goal, to run the ball towards the sidelines.  That took it from an almost sure fire win to a very near gut-wrenching loss.  I haven't actually seen the play, just following the play-by-play online and the comments, so maybe there was some legitimate reason that I can't think of but I can't imagine that's the case.

That being said, wins are wins, and 6-1 is 6-1.  Good on him.

Just now, Mark Vader said:

So, is Daniel Jones the future of the Giants?

They might get stuck with him, cause they're in the nfc. They'll keep winning more often than not. Kinda sucks for them.

If they were in the AFC he'd be a purgatory qb, but since they're in the nfc it'll be be a few first rd exits. 

There any qbs that could hit the market this year? Lamar gets tagged. Who else could they snag, Jimmy G?

He is winning with a lot of smoke and mirrors right now but a win is a win. Honestly goes to show how you can play minimal mistake football and good D and win against a lot of teams in the NFL.

They are holding on to win pretty much every game by a thread at the end of the game but it's working. Not sustainable, but for now it's working.

Edited by Big Turk

On 10/17/2022 at 2:45 PM, Nihilarian said:

Two words....Don "Wink" Martindale.

NY Giants DC is doing a good job with that defense.

Daboll is doing is also doing a good job with the team as HC. Assistants are a big reason why teams play well or not.

Gotta wonder if ole Wink is being missed in Baltimore? 

Lets not forget that his OC is Mike Kafka who was the KC Chiefs QB coach.  

P.S. Josh Allen "that alien unicorn" would make Nathaniel Hackett look good.

Yeah Giants D is the only other team in the NFL to not allow more than 23 points to anyone this year besides us. They are barely doing enough on offense and getting timely takeaways and plays on D to win.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

If both Jones and Barkley keep this piece up, the Giants will have to drop about $50 million combined to keep them around.

I don’t think they’re going to pay Jones (at least not anything of substance). He isn’t doing anything. Daboll is winning with very little from the QB position. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.