Let's hear it for Coach McDermott

Logic

Victory Mondays! I love it!

One thing I like about McD is that he’s an all around great coach at this point. I worried about what would happen to our offense after Daboll left, but it seems like McD has things going full steam ahead without skipping a beat. I absolutely love that they kept JA17 in the same system with the same verbiage. That may have been McD’s smartest move of this entire offseason.

Hopefully McD continues to grow as an offensive minded HC and not just as a defensive minded one!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Victory Mondays! I love it!

One thing I like about McD is that he’s an all around great coach at this point. I worried about what would happen to our offense after Daboll left, but it seems like McD has things going full steam ahead without skipping a beat. I absolutely love that they kept JA17 in the same system with the same verbiage. That may have been McD’s smartest move of this entire offseason.

Hopefully McD continues to grow as an offensive minded HC and not just as a defensive minded one!

Agree. Going for it on 4th and 1 deep in your own territory is the farthest thing from a conservative and defensive minded coach.

Even if we fall short of the ultimate goal this year, I hope the Pegulas don't think of doing something stupid and firing McDermott.  The guy is a hell of a coach and is as responsible as anyone for this wonderful football team we have in front of us.  I remember when the Chargers fired Marty for Norv Turner after a 14-2 season, and it ended up being a ruinous decision.  Stay the course.  McDermott will win a SB.  I firmly believe that. One of the very finest coaches in the game today.

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

How can everyone let that go when they gave us a deja vu moment before halftime?   I thought I was dreaming a nightmare.  At least they squib kicked this time to leave only 12 seconds on the clock.

Just like the playoff game, they take a timeout on defense after the Chiefs line up.  Just like the playoff game, they have everyone playing back and a quick pass to a speedy receiver gains about 20 yards.  Just like the playoff game, they don’t man up, (much less double team, Kelce and he again runs straight between defenders to pick up another 10 or so yards.  This again leads to a game tieing FG.

Watching that, it looked like they didn’t learn anything from that debacle in the playoff game.  Other than the squib kick, they played it all the same with the same results.

Thank goodness for Von Miller’s pressure and Taron Johnson’s aggressiveness to get that interception or we may have seen the same game result.

Because the defensive playcall was fine.  The exection was poor by Johnson missing a tackle when he had the receiver dead to rights at the 35 yardline in the open field.  That was at 7 seconds.  He makes the tackle there and Mahomes has like 6 seconds left and no time outs to get to where they got from the 35 yardline.  Instead the tackle was missed and the receiver got to the 48 yardline and out of bounds.

Guys want to blame every bad play on a coach.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

McD has come a long way this year, and I don't even blame him for the long FG before halftime because it was great execution by the chiefs and a bit of luck.

Just hoping he does the right thing and ends this little dirty crap and puts mckenzie on the bench the rest of the year. The fact Moss was inactive yesterday gives me hope.

I think for the mentality of the team winning close games against very good to elite teams (I would say Baltimore despite being 3-3 is a pretty solid team) away none the less proves something to the Bills themselves. Of course the win against KC is huge for helping put the Bills in the drivers seat for the ever so valuable one seed but beyond the positive implications for standings the Bills it really helps this team not feel so tight in late game situations knowing they have done it twice against some of the better teams in the AFC.

11 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I know they don't always work out but I LOVE McDermott putting his fate in the hands of Josh Allen when it's easier to kick the FG. I don't think we realize how rare that is for a defensive coach to be able to step out of that defensive mindset and be aggressive offensively on 4th downs repeatedly in key moments.

There would have been coaches from previous years that would have punted on the 4th and inches from the Bills 33 and hoped the D got the ball back for the offense one more time.

I think most coaches go for that on 4th and inches with under 5 minutes especially against a team like KC where u might not get it back. I think it’s a no brainer. 

17 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think most coaches go for that on 4th and inches with under 5 minutes especially against a team like KC where u might not get it back. I think it’s a no brainer. 

Dick Jauron and Gregg Williams would not have

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.