Must admit I love when Nance and Romo call our games…

78thealltimegreat

5 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Why do so many people on this board spell Jim Nantz's last name as "Nance"?

Is there a hidden meaning or joke to this?

They must be thinking of former Patriot, the late Jim Nance. Since he died 30 years ago they shouldn't think he's the one calling play by play.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You can tell these two clearly love calling Bills games with Romo comparing Josh to Michael Jordan last week and Jim practically jumping out of his chair when Josh throws a TD to Gabe Davis. 

In addition Romodomous predicted 24-20…. final score 24-20.

I wonder if the network will tell him to stop predicting the score, just like they (apparently) told him to stop reading the pre-snap field and telling us the play in advance. 😉

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Yeah, they called a great game except when Romo sounds like he wants to make out with Mahomes.

I'm pretty good with most announcers except Ian Eagle.  That dude pisses me off.

I don't mind Ian Eagle that much, it's usually his broadcast partner that is the annoying one.  (Charles Davis or Trent Green.)  I can't stand those two guys.

The only annoying thing about Ian Eagle is how he pronounces his name.  Ion Eagle.

Is he trying to make it sound like "Iron Eagle"?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

I wonder if the network will tell him to stop predicting the score, just like they (apparently) told him to stop reading the pre-snap field and telling us the play in advance. 😉

I love listening to Romo.  His takes are always on point and make the game even more interesting.  I could see DCs listening in on his broadcast to see if they are making the right moves.  

10 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Romo is the best colour guy in decades. Nantz for me is is ok , just like pat Summeral.  Romo is such a breath of fresh air after years of hearing from dolts like Dierdorf and his fawning over "Tom" or Collinsworth or B team guys like Solomon Willcots.

I can’t watch Solomon Wilcots without associating him with the drought and 1pm games. Or Dede Spero for that matter. 

What was that other guys name who was always so extra during the games ? I loved that guy. Can’t remember his name. 

There are so many announcers, especially color analysts, that when they speak I find pondering if they even understand football.  Romo is the complete opposite.  He typically brings so much insight into the intricacies of the defenses and certain player assignments.  I love when we get Romo and Nantz.   There is a reason they are the "A" team. 

Romo called the exact final score and was super praiseworthy about Josh and the Bills. And I think he offers great insight from someone who played the game for a while at a fairly high level. Yet some people have for a while now dumped on him. Now that we have a great team I think some Bills fans are just conditioned to find something to bit** about.

• Agree 2

Romo is the best in the business and probably the best color guy since Madden. Nance is a very good play by play commentator among the best to do it. Both make for the best commentary team in football. I suspect the Bills will frequently have that team in the booth when the Bills play. 

11 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Yeah, they called a great game except when Romo sounds like he wants to make out with Mahomes.

I'm pretty good with most announcers except Ian Eagle.  That dude pisses me off.

Hmmm, interesting. I love Ian Eagle, he brings a big game excitement with his emphatic play by play style. Not a huge fan of his partner Davis, but Eagle is my favorite. I’ve warmed up to Nantz lately though; was never a big fan but he’s been a pleasant surprise on Bills games. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.