Spencer Brown ankle injury

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Brown sucks…. He was god awful yesterday before the injury… how some fans feel the need to disagree with that reality I don’t understand. 

We already know you don’t understand.

GO BILLS!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

This discussion probably deserves its own thread, but now that the D Line is stacked, its time to draft some high-end O Line talent.

I understand building the D Line first. Our depth there allows us to only rush 4 and opens our defensive playbook. It's been a great strategy. But boy, what will we look like with a few more dominant O linemen???

DL maybe not taken care of for as long as you might think.

Von Miller of course locked down thru 2027

Rousseau thru 2024

Boogie through 2024

Epenesa through 2023, so just next year

DaQuan just through 2023

Tim Settle through 2023

Eddie Oliver has a 5th year option 2023 $10.7M

Jordan Phillips just 1 year

Now me, I agree with you that we're way overdue for stacking up some OL talent.

I'm just pointing out that Beane is probably glancing over at the DL contracts and writing a DL shopping list.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

DL maybe not taken care of for as long as you might think.

Von Miller of course locked down thru 2027

Rousseau thru 2024

Boogie through 2024

Epenesa through 2023, so just next year

DaQuan just through 2023

Tim Settle through 2023

Eddie Oliver has a 5th year option 2023 $10.7M

Jordan Phillips just 1 year

Now me, I agree with you that we're way overdue for stacking up some OL talent.

I'm just pointing out that Beane is probably glancing over at the DL contracts and writing a DL shopping list.

A minor point, but Rousseau would have a 5th year option to get him to 2025, which I'm sure they will use it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Ford sucking so bad has set the OL back a few years and forced them to pay out too much in FA. 

Next draft needs to address OL early and multiple picks. Thats only possible if they bring back Edmunds,Poyer, and if they feel Hamlin can play safety long term. Otherwise it will be defense again.

Hamlin has been impressive so far.

The only significant injury from the KC game hopefully it isn't a long term injury as I think Brown was having a very solid game against the Chiefs (I think it is no coincidence that the ground game was less effective after he got hurt) and Brown was also coming off a very strong game against the Steelers his best game of the season in my opinion. So to have him miss time and be banged up (after missing a lot of the off-season due to injury) is a set back for him. 

My hope is that he maybe just misses the Packers game and comes back for a suddenly very important Jets game. That would leave Brown 3 weeks to heal from the bye to the Jets game. Certainly helps to get a week off as he certainly would have missed a game this week had the Bills not had the bye week. Luckily if Brown does have to miss a few weeks Quessenberry is a pretty good option as far as being a backup but I think for the long term play of this O-line Brown coming back sooner rather than later is best.

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

In past years, I'd be worried. But this Bills team has shown it can rise above the loss of multiple great players for extended stretches. Losing an inconsistent and young right tackle for four games won't make much of a difference to the results we'll see.

The Bills best backup O-linemen also happens to be Brown's backup which is fortunate. However I think what is the biggest set back in my opinion is that Brown had a very good game against the Steelers and was doing fairly well against KC. So just as he was getting going after an off-season where he was banged up he gets hurt and misses some time. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The only significant injury from the KC game hopefully it isn't a long term injury as I think Brown was having a very solid game against the Chiefs (I think it is no coincidence that the ground game was less effective after he got hurt) and Brown was also coming off a very strong game against the Steelers his best game of the season in my opinion. So to have him miss time and be banged up (after missing a lot of the off-season due to injury) is a set back for him. 

My hope is that he maybe just misses the Packers game and comes back for a suddenly very important Jets game. That would leave Brown 3 weeks to heal from the bye to the Jets game. Certainly helps to get a week off as he certainly would have missed a game this week had the Bills not had the bye week. Luckily if Brown does have to miss a few weeks Quessenberry is a pretty good option as far as being a backup but I think for the long term play of this O-line Brown coming back sooner rather than later is best.

The Bills best backup O-linemen also happens to be Brown's backup which is fortunate. However I think what is the biggest set back in my opinion is that Brown had a very good game against the Steelers and was doing fairly well against KC. So just as he was getting going after an off-season where he was banged up he gets hurt and misses some time. 

Disagree, he was the biggest issue with the offense stalling against KC with his poor pass protection, once Q came in we won the game.

Edited by Flucod
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Flucod said:

Disagree, he was the biggest issue with the offense stalling against KC with his poor pass protection, once Q came in we won the game.

I would have to watch the game again but from my initial impression I would say that the reason for the struggles in pass protection was the creative blitzing by KC was creating a lot of pressure. I think the reason the pass pro got better was because the offense adjusted its protections. I thought Brown was mauling in the ground game and decent in pass protection. I think that while Quessenberry was decent overall he wasn't dominating in the ground game like Brown was. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I would have to watch the game again but from my initial impression I would say that the reason for the struggles in pass protection was the creative blitzing by KC was creating a lot of pressure. I think the reason the pass pro got better was because the offense adjusted its protections. I thought Brown was mauling in the ground game and decent in pass protection. I think that while Quessenberry was decent overall he wasn't dominating in the ground game like Brown was. 

Same, I remember yelling several times for Brown to block and even said during the game why is he in there.

On 10/17/2022 at 7:57 AM, Back2Buff said:

Spencer should have never been in game.

The guy just isn't good.  Team is trying its best to make the draft pick work, but time to make Q the starter.

I worry about depth, but Q needs to be starting over Brown.

Are you kidding motor ran great behind his blockin

19 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

No news is good news is my thought. If there was a very negative MRI I’m sure we would have heard about it.  

On a medical test "negative" is typically good news...but I think I understand what you're saying.  ;)

On 10/17/2022 at 10:48 PM, John from Riverside said:

Hyde may be back next year But I have been waiting for Hamlin to get his chance just something about these Pitt players

Think they run a pro style defense, players seem to hit the ground running pretty well.

Not technically pitt but would love to see Addison wind up here next year

On 10/17/2022 at 8:23 PM, Heathcliff said:

Brown is a beast in the run game!  Still learning on pass protection. 

Same with Quessenberry.   Still learning. ;)

I think if Tannehill was his QB Brown would have given up 11 sacks last year like Quessenberry too.

Next step for Spencer is to learn how to prepare himself so he stays healthy and THEN he can get his pass protection down.   His ceiling is as an Andrew Whitworth type OL if he can figure out how to stay on the field.   Whitworth came into the league much older than Brown,   he was a 25 year old rookie, and it took him a couple years to become good and then a couple more to become a Pro Bowl type OL.   Hopefully Spencer learns how to keep his body prepared and properly armored up by age 25 and starts that kind of ascent.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.