(NoJinx) Von Miller Buffalo Legacy

Riverboat Ritchie

Ask Bryce Paup if Miller should go on WOF? Defesive player if the tear and second all time single season sack leader from Bills. I get it. If Bilks win SB Miller will be a key reason why. That said Dawkins,Allen, Diggs,Poyer,Hyde,White,Milano, and hopefully Knox and Edmunds would all be equally if not more deserving. 

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland
  • Agree 1

I, unlike others in this thread think he may be here the 6 years. Maybe a year early at 5. He may get 50+ sacks and 2-3 rings at that time. He will not only go on the WOF, he may enter the HOF as a Bill. Not likely on the last part, but that’s all gonna depend on how many rings he gets here. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Does your typical Bills fan care much for the "Wall of Fame" or is that mostly a TBD thing?

Don’t know about the typical Bills fan, but as a born and raised Buffalonian who went to most of the big games in the 90s, it’s not a huge deal. Yet I do care a lot about it. Like, if Thurman wasn’t on it I would be deeply wounded. Paradox!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Only six games in and way too early, but if we win the big one one with a healthy Von Miller and assuming he plays out his entire 6yr contract here (assumption), do you think he makes Wall of Fame in Buffalo?  He’s a difference maker for sure. Go Bills. 

A: who cares about the wall of fame? Sure, he can take OJ’s spot

B: when he goes to the hall of fame, i assume he’ll go in as a bronco.

• Sad 1

I knew he was elite, but he's been up against the best LT's in the NFL so far. Lewan & O. Brown are above average, but Armstead and Staley are also elite. Not to mention Bahktiari is up next and another meeting with Armstead is coming. Trent Brown is very good and he'll face Von twice. Throw in a couple tilts with Taylor Decker & Duane Brown and that's pretty much the best lineup of LT's you can put together minus Trent Williams. To have 6 sacks at this point is crazy. If Von's not still the best playmaker at the Edge position, he's on a really short list.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

He's on track to have one of his statistically best seasons ever if we're looking at sack numbers and he's making game changing plays that don't show up on the stat sheet every single week (see that inside stunt on a 3 man rush with a delayed spy that iced the Chiefs game).

That being said he's being paid like he's one of the best pass rushers in the league, so I think he's exactly meeting expectations, not exceeding them.

• Agree 1

Completely. 

At his age, I didn't expect him to be as good as he is this year. He was a MASSIVE difference yesterday... the final play was 90% Von. Mahomes had to account for where Von was on every play. 

VM is tied for 2nd in the NFL with 6.0 sacks (6.5 is the NFL leader Alex Highsmith).  

Yesterday was a perfect example of why the Bills signed him.  He was a difference maker yesterday but ultimately he will be judged on what he does in the playoffs. He was a final piece type of move by Beane to win a Super Bowl. So far he has played very well for us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.