How good is the AFCE?

GreggTX

I guess we are all Broncos fans next Sunday when they play the Jets. If the Jets beat Denver and NE and the Bills beat GB at home in two weeks then you will have 6-1 Buffalo vs 6-2 Jets at MetLife. Any Bills fans planning on going to that game get your tickets now. Prices have been going up for that game and will continue to do so.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I like the Jets build better than Miami especially in the long term.  I don’t think New England is on either teams level. 
But it’ll all come down to quarterback health and development more than likely. 

Wilson is still a question mark at QB, while he's being helped by his defense and running game he eventually has to take another step before I'd say they're better than Miami. 

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Wilson is still a question mark at QB, while he's being helped by his defense and running game he eventually has to take another step before I'd say they're better than Miami. 

When GB made it 17-10 on the next drive Wilson went 2 for 2 for 30 yards and then Hall scored. He isn't playing like franchise QB but then again neither was Josh in year 2. He isn't turning the ball over like he did last year. With their run game (Hall is looking like a great pick for them unfortunately) and defense they are winning games.

7 hours ago, ganesh said:

They have had an awesome draft with a #1 WR, #1 RB and a shutdown CB.....They are building nicely through the draft.  I think the Jets will be competing with the Bills for the AFCE crown the next decade (assuming Zach Wilson makes the necessary progress)

You know what hey say about assuming

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

Jets beat a very pedestrian Packers team now all the sudden they are going 12-5 lol.  Some people are ridiculous 

They remind me of the Bills when McDermott and Beane started here. The Bills started to shake their losing ways and started to build a winning culture when McBeane took over. The Jets appear to be at that point now. They had a good draft. They have good WR's, good RB's and a good defense. Wilson is the big ? for them JD is doing for them what Beane has done for us. The Bills should sweep them but they will not be easy games. 

Every season, there are multiple "surprise" teams after the first 5-6 games.  Things will start settling over the next month.

The Jets are overachieving a little.  But honestly, I don't think anything in the AFC East has been totally shocking so far.

The Dolphins have been a 9-10 win team each of the last few years.  Everyone should have expected them to be competitive and in the Wild Card hunt.  And everyone should have expected them to struggle with their 2nd/3rd string QB under center.

The Patriots roster lacks talent, but they know how to keep games close and scrape out more wins than they deserve.  Reminds me of us with Dick Jauron.  They looked like a .500 team that would need to rely on the defense and run game.  They will win maybe 7-8 and fall short of the playoffs.  

The Jets have tons of young talent.  Lots of people figured they could win 6-8 games this season.  I still don't see it with Zach Wilson, and think they will drop back to Earth in the coming weeks.

9 hours ago, GreggTX said:

The Bills are certainly the class of the AFCE, but Miami gave us our only loss and the Jests are no joke. Even the Pats looked good today. The Jets and 'fins have been adding talent with a lot of draft capital as well as key FA aditions like we have.

How do you see this division shaping up for the future? Are those solid rosters? Will these young QB's be great? Which other AFCE team will be our greatest challenge?

Ultimately this helps the Bills because it will push them to be better. 

But lo-and behold - the Jets invest in skill talent around a young QB, and they now are able to make plays, shocking that the Packers and 99-year old Randall Cobb can't score. 

AFCE is trending up compared to the start of the season.

Jets have put together a good young nucleus.

Pats will always be competitive under BB.

MIA has improved.

At the end of the day it starts with the QB. If the Bills put up points early on these teams, it puts even more pressure on their QB’s. Our QB>AFCE QB’s.

Bills need to play their game and to our strengths!

I just heard that teams that play in London have a choice the following week. They can accept their bye or they can choose the opponent they want to play. GB refused their bye and choose to play the Jets. Probably thought it would be an easy win at Lambeau. Sucks for them.

I still think they all suck but they are improving. Zach Wilson still has a lot to prove because he is giving Sanchez vibes. And I fear NE a lot more without Mac, who is the definition of just a JAg. 

but the talent certainly has increased (the Pats are the least talented). We are still far and away superior but if one of this qbs are good, it will get really tough in the next couple of years.

I have a serious problem with the NFL allowing stupid things like the Dolphins stadium to have visitors in the sun while their sideline is in the shade. Yesterday they showed a side-by-side of temps on each sideline during the game and the Dolphins were at like 85 and the visitors were 115. That's not some gamesmanship, it's a threat to player health and it's BS. We had multiple people leave that game with heatstroke. Competitive advantage should mean that both teams have to deal with the same issue (i.e. snow) but one team is better equipped to deal with that element. Cooking the other team is ridiculous. F the Fish.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The other 3 teams are kind of 2a, 2b, and 2c.  Any one of them could make the playoffs, but there is a big gap between all of them and us.

It's weird, but I think the Jets stand the best chance of emerging from that pack and challenging us in the future. Saleh is a good coach, and you can see the change in culture watching their games.  The energy is completely different from previous years. If Wilson develops, they'll be a problem.

Honestly, the only reason the Pats are good is because they still have Belichick.  Watching Zappe play exactly like Jones is a real tribute to his system, and he always gets the best out of his defenses.  They have some standout players, but they're really built like the Bills were about 15 years ago.  If Belichick coached one of those teams, they'd win more games too.

12 hours ago, chongli said:

Yep, with them cheating by playing Tua in the second half, despite a concussion. That's the only way they can beat us. Otherwise, the Bills are 6-0 right now and Miami is 2-4.

It was the injuries…a team is just not winning a game missing 11 starters.  People can parrot the classic ‘injuries are no excuse’ line but there has to be a limit to that way of thinking lol 

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Without Tua Miami is toast, despite the great receivers. NE is a so-so team at best. Count on the Jets to fall apart.

Meanwhile, we have Josh Allen, a first ballot HOF lock if he stays healthy. 👍🏈👍

Tua will be back next week

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.