How good is the AFCE?

GreggTX

The Bills are certainly the class of the AFCE, but Miami gave us our only loss and the Jests are no joke. Even the Pats looked good today. The Jets and 'fins have been adding talent with a lot of draft capital as well as key FA aditions like we have.

How do you see this division shaping up for the future? Are those solid rosters? Will these young QB's be great? Which other AFCE team will be our greatest challenge?

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 2

Too small of a sample size for the Jets up to this point. Pats will inevitably end up where they started at the end of the year. The Dolphins gave us our only loss true, but Tua won't last the whole season if he's that fragile, and with how bad their O line is in pass blocking, it's only a matter of time. I really can't see the Bills dropping anymore games from here on as long as they stay focused. And they'll be blowing more teams out, building even more confidence. Miami called down the thunder beating us, they won't have extreme heat on their side when they come here tho

7 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

The Bills are certainly the class of the AFCE, but Miami gave us our only loss and the Jests are no joke. Even the Pats looked good today. The Jets and 'fins have been adding talent with a lot of draft capital as well as key FA aditions like we have.

How do you see this division shaping up for the future? Are those solid rosters? Will these young QB's be great? Which other AFCE team will be our greatest challenge?

Remember after the 1st pats game last year? This is that. I suspect when it settles.. we'll not be as impressed. 

..but yes, Breece Hall is really good. 

Edited by Malazan

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Bryce Hall is a beast at RB. 

Still no great QBs in the division , so not too worried.  Mia still has the best offense but a bit of a suspect defense.  

Yea AFCE has been putting up some nice results but still lightyears between Allen and the rest of them

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

The Bills are certainly the class of the AFCE, but Miami gave us our only loss

Yep, with them cheating by playing Tua in the second half, despite a concussion. That's the only way they can beat us. Otherwise, the Bills are 6-0 right now and Miami is 2-4.

Edited by chongli
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, chongli said:

Yep, with them cheating by playing Tua in the second half, despite a concussion. That's the only way they can beat us. Otherwise, the Bills are 6-0 right now and Miami is 2-4.

Tua had absolutely nothing to do with that win

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Jets are tied with Kansas City for second best record in the conference.

Let me repeat that...

The Jets are tied with Kansas City for second best record in the conference.

What kind of crazy world are we living in? Our division is shaping up to be much more difficult than any of us probably imagined. But the Bills are still, by far, the best team in the division. They just need to take care of business in the AFC East and not let these upstarts get any delusions of grandeur. It just might not be quite as easy as we thought it would be when the season started.

A few more weeks should let us know if our division foes are for real or not.

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

I'm telling you folks to get the red crosses,, thumbs down and vomits ready to go...

The Bills lose at least one more game in the AFC East this season..

They still will win the division though with a few weeks to spare...

It’s a fair prediction. Lot of season left. I wouldn’t 🤮 for that comment. As much as I’d love to run the table it’s a really big ask in todays league. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not very good other than Buffalo. The other three teams are still not very impressive. None of them are nearly as deep as the Bills. The Eagles are 6-0 and maybe the least scary 6-0 team ever. I would love to play them in the SB. Jalen Hurts is not a very good QB. He is the Lamar Jackson of the NFC. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

It doesn't matter. There's the Bills and Chiefs and Eagles, and then everyone else. The other teams can beat one of us when we have an off day. The Jets beating the Packers is a nice little story for them but they're still playing a different sport compared to us. If Zack Wilson ever starts playing at an elite level then we can add them to the conversation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

I like the Jets build better than Miami especially in the long term.  I don’t think New England is on either teams level. 
But it’ll all come down to quarterback health and development more than likely. 

They have had an awesome draft with a #1 WR, #1 RB and a shutdown CB.....They are building nicely through the draft.  I think the Jets will be competing with the Bills for the AFCE crown the next decade (assuming Zach Wilson makes the necessary progress)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.