Lil' Dummy McKenzie.........offical team character builder

BADOLBILZ

3 minutes ago, Success said:

A quick word on the TD "drop"- the ball was thrown behind him.

I still can't quite believe this thread. It will be good to bump the next time he makes a game-changing play, like he has a bunch of times for us.

I agree that the TD drop was thrown behind him.

I don't think anyone here is saying that he's not capable of doing great things.  To me, it's about consistency and reliability.  Since he's been a Buffalo Bill, he's shown neither.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Success said:

A quick word on the TD "drop"- the ball was thrown behind him.

I still can't quite believe this thread. It will be good to bump the next time he makes a game-changing play, like he has a bunch of times for us.

After 4 years of dissecting everything Edmunds does as a negative, don’t hold your breath on some people ever seeing anything positive.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Rough game for certain, but I'm not sure McKenzie should be the slot.

I don't think OBD thought so either, which is why they brought in Crowder.

Thankfully it looks like Shakir could be another answer with Crowder down.

Hope McKenie goes back to the go-go gadget guy where he is excellent.

I wish Dorsey would dust off a few of those plays when a spark is needed, or to slow down a ferocious pass rush.

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

oh please, there is a difference between a 2 year guy learning the position at the NFL level and now a 5+ year vet that never broke 300 yards in a season.

your statement is crazy. Last year Knox had a 500 yard year. after 5 years in the league you should not be a "work in progress" ... come on man... not with the younger depth behind him.

Good thing you're not our GM.  in my opinion after KC game, McKenzie lost his #3 WR position.

Yeah I am a McK fan but I think Shakir has earned more reps.  I wish they would bring back the jet sweeps and fake jet sweeps with McK though.

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Are you talking about the first fumble?  I couldn't disagree more.

1) You dont know where that lay was "supposed to go to", certainly not by players reactions, not saying you are not correct but un less you were in the huddle don't know.

2) He looked right  at the ball and the ball went between both hands.

3) Despite what Nance said on the telecast, he saw the ball coming.

Sal commented on this play as did Josh and McD I think.  The play was a screen to the other side of the field.  McK was not expecting the ball.  McK should have done better but thats what happened.

6 hours ago, mrags said:

My point still stands. McKenzie is not the answer 

Von wasn’t either right? 

im the last one in this board that has been crazy about the OBJ love. I think it’s overrated. But the fact is, McKenzie has not stepped up in the role of replacing Beasley. He would absolutely 100% be benched in favor of Crowder by now if he was healthy too. I love McKenzie. One of the best personalities on this team and is absolutely needed in the locker room imo. But I’d rather keep him to a gadget guy with limited touches. He’s had 2 good games in his career. Maybe 3. Other than that he’s shown he’s not a starter in this league. He’s a #4-6 at best. 

Von Miller was an elite guy at a position of dire need.

OBJ is NOT elite (hasn’t been since 2016) and WR is not a position of need. Depth is always good, but that’s why we signed Crowder and drafted Shakir. 

2 totally different scenario completely. 

McKenzie tripped on that play.  He went to plant his foot to try to stop and receive the ball and as he was attempting to plant his left foot he tripped up.  It threw his body out of wack of what otherwise would have been a simple catch for him.

• Agree 2

Lil dirty was awful yesterday. From fumbling, dropping passes, and falling down in the end zone; focus has become a liability again with this guy. I see Shakir cementing the slot role very soon.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

So, we all agree, trade McKenzie and a 3rd to the Panthers for Christian McCaffery...

It will take more than that and a restructure.

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The only “solution” at this point is a rookie who himself has shown suspect awareness in critical spots.

He has? I think Shakir has showed much better instincts than I've ever seen out of McKenzie. He has a knack for positioning his body just right at the catch point to make the catch, then immediately find space and pick up YAC. And he's still just getting his feet wet in the pros. McKenzie has had his 10,000 reps. He is who he is at this point. Shakir will keep getting better. It's hard to find any reason McKenzie should be getting more snaps than him.

7 hours ago, Iverwig said:

He was Not expecting the ball when it came. He was not looking when the ball was initially coming his way.

So, what is McKenzie's job on that play? To run off to the right and do nothing?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

It's one bad game. Recency bias is a thing.

The stats say he's not terrible and is actually having a productive year.

In the 5 games he's played: 17 receptions, more than half of which have been for first downs.  3 TDs, which is good for 3rd on the team, behind Diggs (6) and Davis (4). 

So easy to forget the tough TD catch he made between 2 defenders vs the Rams.

So easy to forget that in week 3 he had 7 receptions for 76 yards and a TD vs the Dolphins. 

So easy to forget the Ravens game where the took a return out to the 40, caught a nice TD pass, and converted 3rd and 7 to a first down and hung on to the damn ball on the concussion hit.  The Bills went on to score on that drive.  

But, yeah sure, he's a terrible joke player. 

Granted, Shakir looks promising and will see more touches as the year goes on, but to call Lil' Dirty Lil' Dummy is just showing you have a short memory. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

what i see watching mckenzie is an unbelievable athlete off the field..   you watch when the bills show agility drills and he 

kills everyone.  you want speed..he has it in spades.   the problem is on the field it doesnt translate 100%.   he gets chased down from behind.  for all his agility off the field he has a hard time out juking players.   then his build is still light even though he is muscular 

which leads to fumbles and injuries.    great guy...great athlete..  so so football player.

15 hours ago, Magox said:

McKenzie tripped on that play.  He went to plant his foot to try to stop and receive the ball and as he was attempting to plant his left foot he tripped up.  It threw his body out of wack of what otherwise would have been a simple catch for him.

I do wonder if concussion hangover creates some reaction or balance issues even though they are cleared. He has done some great things but now seems a little off.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.