Lil' Dummy McKenzie.........offical team character builder

BADOLBILZ

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Lil' Dummy is doing a bang up job of keeping would-be blowouts close with drops and turnovers......general physical awkwardness......and dumb decisions that cause Ken Dorsey to smash his hardware.

Sure.........they could be 6-0,  scoring 35 points per game with a better slot receiver and McKenzie on the sideline(like last week against Pittsburgh)..........but his bumbling has helped them learn how to win unnecessarily close games.

Here's to Lil' Dummy...........making easy wins difficult.   Dude is a character builder. :beer:

8frc45.gif

He really shows more and more that he cannot are trusted to be a regular on the field,  You could go back to the Rams game when he cost us an interception early in that game.  I hope the Bills sign OBJ, don't get me wrong I like the rookie Shakir but I don't believe in rookies come playoff time,  you want experience. Von Miller played with OBJ and I trust he would not be repeating over and over how signing him would help our chances if he thought he could not play or be trouble in the locker room.

Either way McKenzie is not the guy,  even after his mistakes you see him laughing on the sidelines.  Those are the types of players we accepted in years past

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It feels like the Bills are trying to make McKenzie into something that he is not. He is just not that good and never has been, shouldn't be a starting slot receiver. He is a gadget guy, let's be honest. I'm not looking forward to him making mistakes in the playoffs when it's time to be clutch.

• Agree 1

Win or lose, one thing is GUARANTEED on this board, someone will start a thread moaning and groaning about a particular player! Did McKenzie have a good name….no. 

Its particularly headscratching….the Bills are 5-1, playing some of the best football in the NFL, have played a tough schedule, managed thru injuries, getting contributions from everyone but sure let’s find something to complain about. That’s why it’s called a team sport.

Heaven forbid that some of you really struggle to just enjoy the win! 

LETS GO BUFFALO! 🦬 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

Win or lose, one thing is GUARANTEED on this board, someone will start a thread moaning and groaning about a particular player! Did McKenzie have a good name….no. 

Its particularly headscratching….the Bills are 5-1, playing some of the best football in the NFL, have played a tough schedule, managed thru injuries, getting contributions from everyone but sure let’s find something to complain about. That’s why it’s called a team sport.

Heaven forbid that some of you really struggle to just enjoy the win! 

LETS GO BUFFALO! 🦬 

a tough win overcoming McKenzie’s mistakes 

I'm always willing to look past one botched play.  Allen did dirt the game-winning TD pass against Miami after all -- stuff like this happens over the course of a season and you have to live with occasional bad play.  

But McKenzie was just a flat-out liability on the field yesterday.  If he had made up for the fumble with an actual good play somewhere, that would be one thing.  But he had the fumble, the dropped TD on 4th down, and another big drop, and absolutely nothing in the plus column to balance any of those out.  If we had lost this game, everybody would be blaming the loss on him, and they'd be more or less right.  

I get that McKenzie is a great guy in the locker room, and he definitely has a role on this team as a gadget player.  It's just that this season is too important to carry him as our starting slot WR.  I'm ready to see what Shakir can do.  And if another WR happens to be available, I would not mind adding somebody for the stretch run and playoffs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, DollaBills said:

what even is this image and this post LMAO

Day drinking…, just sayin, 😁

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You didn't have to tell me. :lol:

I know he's a dumb player in the heat of moment of NFL games...........and that ultimately mental mistakes like he is prone to get you beat.

He is the teams biggest turnover risk.........whether it be falling on his face on a kickoff......... fumbling a perfectly thrown pass into the arms of a defender in the Rams game.......running out the clock in Miami and causing Dorsey to lose his mind........or killing two should-have-been TD drives and failing to catch other passes today in KC.   

I'm sure he'll make an entertaining member of the media when teams stop getting tempted by his willingness to play for near the league minimum.    If Dopey Dan Orlovsky can be a QB analyst then McKenzie should have no problem making a living talking about football if he chooses.

.........settle down........

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Just....wow.  The McKittrick hate is off the charts for a guy that just makes plays, game in, game out.  First down catches, tough TD's, solid runs, he's made dozens of good plays for the Bills in his time here.  He had a bad game today, but the haterz were out immediately after the lateral, they didn't wait for the dropped TD and the dropped pass.  How many good plays does a guy have to make before he gets a little slack?  The Miami game with 3TD's and an 84-yard PR TD didn't convince you?  His 11-catch, 125YD game against the Cheats week 16 last year didn't convince you?  Apparently not, because you're holding a few bad plays against him:

The KR fumble against the Colts last year - I was told in the GDT that this was the "turning point" in the game, and McKittrick is why we lost.  We were down 17-7 and went down 24-7, then were outscored 21-8 the rest of the way, but it was all McKittrick's fault, got it.

The INT against the Rams that bounced off him.

Not getting OB in the Miami game.

The lateral and the other bad plays today (no argument, he had a very bad game today).

He also has 3 TD's and 10 first downs this year.  In contrast, Siran Neal got abused all day long, missing the tackle on the spin-o-rama TD by JuJu, and getting two defensive holding calls to keep KC drives alive.  But I didn't see a single post in the GDT about running him outta town.  Why does Wrap get the slack and McKittrick get the hate?  I just don't get it.

I'm a fan of Isaiah McKenzie.  But after yesterday, I'm done with him in the starting lineup.  

For every big play he provides, he also gives us some kind of mental mistake.  In the first six games of 2022, he's already given us multiple dropped passes (including one that led to an interception, and one that cost us a touchdown), a fumble where he wasn't paying attention... and his failure to go down in the Miami game cost us a chance to kick the winning field goal.

As Tony Romo said yesterday.  There isn't a defense in the NFL capable of stopping us on a consistent basis.  Almost every time we fail to score, it's because of a self-inflicted wound.  Not because the opposition FORCED us into a mistake.  If we fail to score 30 points in any game, it will be due to dropped passes, fumbles, penalties and other dumb errors.  Not because the other team outplayed us.

The Bills already have multiple explosive players.  Josh Allen.  Stefon Diggs.  Gabriel Davis.  Dawson Knox.  What we need from our slot receiver is consistency.  A guy we can count-on to make the tough 4-5 yard catches on 3rd/4th down and keep a drive moving.  McKenzie is the type of player who could make a big 15-20 yard play in those situations.  Or he might drop a catchable ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, mrags said:

This is 100% correct.

And this is exactly the reason why we should make a play for OBJ. As much as I like McKenzie, and as no I as he is a great team guy, he is no ODB. This offense would be incredibly better with someone like OBJ. Shakir is very good and will be the future of this team a slot. But not yet. After we win the Lombardi this year should be fine. 

It doesn't need to be OBJ, he is not even an option till probably week 15. There are other guys out there. 

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I reiterate my proposal: McKenzie and a 4th or 5th for CMC.  It’s a huge win just to get McKenzie off of the roster.  Use CMC as your slot/motion/gimmick variable on offense.

Obviously Carolina will think we are giving up too much and insist we don’t include any draft picks. 

• Haha (+1) 1

He was really bad yesterday, but it was his first game coming back from a concussion and his athletic ability right now is worth giving him more chances.

The team knows that he isnt a full-time, assistant slide receiver finding ways to use him on sweeps and out of the backfield is a good idea and worth pursuing early in the year.

McDermott took him off punt duty last year because he couldn't be trusted (McDermott's exact words).  That speaks volumes when your coach says he doesn't trust you.  Everyone has drops or fumbles but his are so frequent now that it's scary to have him involved in the offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

He's a weak link on the offense and I think you'll see Shakir getting more of those snaps as trust grows.  That said, there's no need for mockery.  He's had some really cool moments for the Bills.  Who knows if he'll make a critical play in a big spot in the playoffs?  

I think this.^^^^

ANY player can FUBAR it and there’s a get in line list from yesterday’s schedule. But, there have been several with McKenzie!

There can be NO weak sisters on a Championship team.

Look for the far more reliable Shakir to move up!

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Just....wow.  The McKittrick hate is off the charts for a guy that just makes plays, game in, game out.  First down catches, tough TD's, solid runs, he's made dozens of good plays for the Bills in his time here.  He had a bad game today, but the haterz were out immediately after the lateral, they didn't wait for the dropped TD and the dropped pass.  How many good plays does a guy have to make before he gets a little slack?  The Miami game with 3TD's and an 84-yard PR TD didn't convince you?  His 11-catch, 125YD game against the Cheats week 16 last year didn't convince you?  Apparently not, because you're holding a few bad plays against him:

The KR fumble against the Colts last year - I was told in the GDT that this was the "turning point" in the game, and McKittrick is why we lost.  We were down 17-7 and went down 24-7, then were outscored 21-8 the rest of the way, but it was all McKittrick's fault, got it.

The INT against the Rams that bounced off him.

Not getting OB in the Miami game.

The lateral and the other bad plays today (no argument, he had a very bad game today).

He also has 3 TD's and 10 first downs this year.  In contrast, Siran Neal got abused all day long, missing the tackle on the spin-o-rama TD by JuJu, and getting two defensive holding calls to keep KC drives alive.  But I didn't see a single post in the GDT about running him outta town.  Why does Wrap get the slack and McKittrick get the hate?  I just don't get it.

His past play as a gadget guy/ punt returner/ Beasley replacement led to an increased role this year.  It just ain’t working.  The drops, stumbles, and no YAC ( which was supposed to be his thing) are obvious.  Especially compared to legit NFL receivers on this team and across the league. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.