NFL Week 6 - Bills victorious!!!! Over Chiefs - post game thread

BuffaloBill

7 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

KC’s offense is far less intimidating without Hill.  Their WRs are pretty pedestrian tbh

they have a decent run game.  We just did a great job upgrading the DL!

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s a good one for them long term but might hurt for a season or 2.  Tyreek is gonna fall off at some point and they got a big return for him 

he is going to play ping pong in the olympics soon. 

3 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

If my wife had penalty flags tonight she would have flagged me for objectionable conduct! Screaming loudly both positive and negatively. Several flags for swearing at the TV (numerous occasions), Swearing at the dog! Swearing in front of the kids, Swearing with joy at the INT! I pretty much deserved ejection from the house after that one!

During the first year of the pandemic my son would come over and we watched each game on our screened in porch in the back yard.  We've kept up the tradition - and usually I try to be good, but the neighbors may have heard a few F-bombs echo across my yard today (good and bad).  Think my wife has just kind of given up on flagging that one 😛 

• Haha (+1) 2

The Tyreek trade made the Chiefs less explosive, but they had to make a move to help them build a better defense. KC is the inferior team to Buffalo this year - and arguably was last year, and arguably was the year before! - entirely due to their weak defense. Mahomes' brilliance has helped the Chiefs overcome some pretty big warts during this five-year run. But it's time for the Chiefs to get serious about building a defense. 

KC's DVOA defense ranks in Mahomes era:

27th, 14th, 22nd, 24th, 15th (this year).

Buffalo's DVOA defense:

2nd, 7th, 12th, 1st, 2nd (this year)

The Chiefs are an unfinished product on defense, but they're going to make some strides by the time the playoffs roll around. Through six games, they've had ONE interception — and it came on a play when a Chargers receiver basically decided to take a breather at the snap. 

That said, these teams are just in different places. It's Buffalo's time to break through. It's all there for the taking. Outside of the Eagles - who I still suspect is a fraud - I don't see many serious threats in the NFC. And for all the talk about the AFC being a super conference, the only teams that seem like a viable threat to the Bills is KC or the Chargers (if they get healthy.) 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sestak4ever said:

Reading some of the KC blogs and while some are respectful there are a lot of sour grapes. Some continually saying Josh wins in October but folds like a table in the playoffs. As incorrect as that take is, it isn't worth responding to. It somewhat surprises me that some can't appreciate the great games these two play. 

Didnt Mahomes fold like a table the last two years if thats the case?  3 points second half in the conference final.  Blown out in the Superbowl the year before.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

What did the dog do?  Our dogs just look at us like "what's wrong with you?"  Can we help?

That's kinda how my wife looks at me during games sometimes

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Dude you are second tier behind FilthyBeast and Gene when it comes to your opinions on the Bills. I’m not giving the Bills a pass at all, any W is a good W I don’t care how it looks. 

My opinion, which you called flawed and are absolutely entitled to do so, is that the Bills mistakes were of their own making and not the result of KC causing us to make mistakes. I’m not impressed with KC’s offense, I think it’s limited and is based on Mahomes and Kelce playing out of their minds every single game which I don’t think is sustainable. The rest of their offense is a bunch of jags including JuJu.

2 years ago we were behind KC. Last year we were even. This year we are better. Now, that doesn’t mean we will win every matchup with KC from here on out and they could definitely beat us in Buffalo in the playoffs. Any given Sunday. They are the second best team in the AFC right now close behind us. But they are behind us. 

Buffalo is going to crap the bed a time or two before the end of the season and who knows what injuries are going to take place. But, right now I think we are clearly the better team and we won in Arrowhead despite making mistakes that in the past would have meant a loss. That doesn’t mean I think we are going to o run the table or are a lock to make the Super Bowl. Any given Sunday.

I always relax after a Bills win and I’m especially relaxed since we didn’t need to play a perfect game to beat them in their own house. Again. 

Much more reasonable post. Solid.  Glad you can clarify your opinion. 

1 hour ago, Comebackkid said:

So i was just browsing the phone and came across the previews of the game.   stephon diggs... 148 yrds, josh allen 361 yards.  

I feel like i got so caught up in every little play that i some how missed some of what allen and diggs did together.   I would have never guessed

diggs had that many yards..i wasnt even sure josh threw over 300.   I feel like now its over and i know the outcome i could actually enjoy

watching it a second time better.   

I honestly didnt realize Diggs had that many yards either.  WoW!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Didnt Mahomes fold like a table the last two years if thats the case?  3 points second half in the conference final.  Blown out in the Superbowl the year before.

I realize it's the world that we live in, but I get so sick of the QB driven takes. The Bengals cooked up a brilliant 2nd half strategy and worked it to perfection. They out executed the Chiefs. The Bucs front 7 overmatched the Chiefs' brutal OL in the Super Bowl. 

I loved Andy's tone in the postgame press conference today. He didn't fret on the loss. It was more, "Man, this was a great game! You just love to compete in these types of games. The Bills got us on a couple plays. Our young DB's hung in there. Then they got exposed a bit. But still, this is why you compete, to play great opponents like this in games like these!" 

Buffalo's #1 priority in the offseason: Improve the pass rush. Reason: To help them get off the field vs the Chiefs. Today, their pass rush delivered when it mattered, and they got just enough stops. Mahomes was pretty damn good today. What stood out to me was how many of his passes were thrown into tight windows against great coverage. The Chiefs got 6.3 yards per play (and nearly 400 yards) but they had to work hard for them. By contrast, I thought Buffalo's offense simply came easier - especially in the 2nd half. 

Either way, two great teams, two great QBs, two great coaching staffs. This is going to go down as the 1990s Cowboys/49ers, 2000s Pats/Colts.

• Like (+1) 5

20 minutes ago, beebe said:

The Tyreek trade made the Chiefs less explosive, but they had to make a move to help them build a better defense. KC is the inferior team to Buffalo this year - and arguably was last year, and arguably was the year before! - entirely due to their weak defense. Mahomes' brilliance has helped the Chiefs overcome some pretty big warts during this five-year run. But it's time for the Chiefs to get serious about building a defense. 

KC's DVOA defense ranks in Mahomes era:

27th, 14th, 22nd, 24th, 15th (this year).

Buffalo's DVOA defense:

2nd, 7th, 12th, 1st, 2nd (this year)

The Chiefs are an unfinished product on defense, but they're going to make some strides by the time the playoffs roll around. Through six games, they've had ONE interception — and it came on a play when a Chargers receiver basically decided to take a breather at the snap. 

That said, these teams are just in different places. It's Buffalo's time to break through. It's all there for the taking. Outside of the Eagles - who I still suspect is a fraud - I don't see many serious threats in the NFC. And for all the talk about the AFC being a super conference, the only teams that seem like a viable threat to the Bills is KC or the Chargers (if they get healthy.) 

I think the Chiefs are a work in progress on both sides of the ball. There defense especially their secondary is pretty young. Also, they were very banged up today.

Offensively, the Ju Ju and MVS aren't elite. They are decent but not game changers. Will Mahomes and his receivers get better and hit their stride playoff time? Safe to say Mahomes will make them better and Reid is very good creative offensive coach. 

Conversely, the Bills are pretty polished on both sides of the ball. Getting Tre back and getting the youngsters more experience is only going to make the Bills D that much better. Offensively, the Bills run game and oline can get better and more consistent. 

The Bills were slightly better today and they squeaked out a win in Arrowhead. Lots of positives to take from this game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.