NFL Week 6 - Bills victorious!!!! Over Chiefs - post game thread

BuffaloBill

A couple of quick observations:

1) loved the new wrinkle with the QB sneak. I have noticed that a lot of teams do this, with a big FB standing behind the QB, pushing him on the QB sneak. It worked both times today with Davis doing the pushing.  

2)  the bills did a nice job with a lot of pin and pull stuff today in the run game, and got away from the read option stuff, which has been dreadful. One negative play call though was that 3rd and inches late, and they ran a QB draw or read option of some kind to Singletary that lost 3 yards. I actually thought that was the game. Just sneak it there. Had two chances to get 6 inches! 

3) I remain puzzled at the free releases that they give Kelce, and I read somewhere that the bills sort of “gave” Kelce the stuff underneath in exchange for using Milano as a spy. Not sure how accurate that is, but kind of interesting. 

4) The defense with such an inspired effort and gameplan, esp in the second half. They shut down the run. They basically gave up nothing over the top. And the first Juju TD was just a total fluke play— not something I would hold against them. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Kelce has made pushing off an artform.  So good that he almost never gets called for it.

Hell yes he gets away with it all the time.  Reminds me of how the pats secondary got away with blatantly holding our receivers for years and years.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

A couple of quick observations:

1) loved the new wrinkle with the QB sneak. I have noticed that a lot of teams do this, with a big FB standing behind the QB, pushing him on the QB sneak. It worked both times today with Davis doing the pushing.  

2)  the bills did a nice job with a lot of pin and pull stuff today in the run game, and got away from the read option stuff, which has been dreadful. One negative play call though was that 3rd and inches late, and they ran a QB draw or read option of some kind to Singletary that lost 3 yards. I actually thought that was the game. Just sneak it there. Had two chances to get 6 inches! 

3) I remain puzzled at the free releases that they give Kelce, and I read somewhere that the bills sort of “gave” Kelce the stuff underneath in exchange for using Milano as a spy. Not sure how accurate that is, but kind of interesting. 

4) The defense with such an inspired effort and gameplan, esp in the second half. They shut down the run. They basically gave up nothing over the top. And the first Juju TD was just a total fluke play— not something I would hold against them. 

Worth noting on 3 that Spy Milano tag teamed with Von Miller to help force thag bad throw that Taron picked to end the game.

The problem with Kelce of trying to bump him when he’s inline is two fold - you’re taking a linebacker out of a quick drop, into space, and the 2nd part is that Kelce is basically quicker than every backer in the league and can beat those bumps fairly quickly.

Like there just might not be a good answer on Kelce. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

Worth noting on 3 that Spy Milano tag teamed with Von Miller to help force thag bad throw that Taron picked to end the game.

The problem with Kelce of trying to bump him when he’s inline is two fold - you’re taking a linebacker out of a quick drop, into space, and the 2nd part is that Kelce is basically quicker than every backer in the league and can beat those bumps fairly quickly.

Like there just might not be a good answer on Kelce. 

good points all around. On the release, I have seen video of teams using a DE to jam kelce. But there are obvious negatives to that too. 

kelce is an interesting TE. He is just really big with good hands. Not as athletic as guys like Gronk (in prime). Most of the time, he just goes out 8 yards, turns around, bodies out the defender, catches the ball, and then falls forward an extra 5-7 yards. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I was so pessimistic that I predicted the Bills to win! Let that sink in. 

You argument is flawed. You just can't give the Bills a "pass" or excuse, because their offense was sloppy, made bad calls, and poor execution. That's ridiculous unless you expect perfection. Is that really being objective? 

Not going to rehash the game and cherry pick plays like you did. Again I ask how objective is that?

After watching that game, I don't know how anyone can't be impressed with the Chiefs. This game illustrates that they a legit contender and can clearly compete and beat the Bills. The Bills took the lead with 1.08 on the clock. Then must of us I assume were on the edge of our seats praying the Bills wouldn't blow it. Yet, you and others want to proclaim the Bills as superior or way better. My eyes don't see it. Call the pessimistic all you like. 

Were the Chiefs injuries significant? Will the Chefs offense with their newly acquired receivers improve? Did the Chiefs play poorly with two INTs? 

I'm having a great night relaxing after a great, close, competitive win.  Hope you do to. 

Dude you are second tier behind FilthyBeast and Gene when it comes to your opinions on the Bills. I’m not giving the Bills a pass at all, any W is a good W I don’t care how it looks. 

My opinion, which you called flawed and are absolutely entitled to do so, is that the Bills mistakes were of their own making and not the result of KC causing us to make mistakes. I’m not impressed with KC’s offense, I think it’s limited and is based on Mahomes and Kelce playing out of their minds every single game which I don’t think is sustainable. The rest of their offense is a bunch of jags including JuJu.

2 years ago we were behind KC. Last year we were even. This year we are better. Now, that doesn’t mean we will win every matchup with KC from here on out and they could definitely beat us in Buffalo in the playoffs. Any given Sunday. They are the second best team in the AFC right now close behind us. But they are behind us. 

Buffalo is going to crap the bed a time or two before the end of the season and who knows what injuries are going to take place. But, right now I think we are clearly the better team and we won in Arrowhead despite making mistakes that in the past would have meant a loss. That doesn’t mean I think we are going to o run the table or are a lock to make the Super Bowl. Any given Sunday.

I always relax after a Bills win and I’m especially relaxed since we didn’t need to play a perfect game to beat them in their own house. Again. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.