NFL Week 6 - Bills victorious!!!! Over Chiefs - post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm about to have a ball listening to Prick Wright

If you listen to his show, you already know what he is going to say.

Good job Buffalo.  You won October.  Hang you Banner

He was critical of Mahomes INTs.  Didn't like the TO Reed took when Buffalo completed the 3rd and 13 to get the first down.  Thought Buffalo would just be satisfied with a 3-7 halftime score.

He's concerned about Chief's run defense and he acknowledged the Bills Defense won the game and questioned whether Miller can hold up for entire season.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm about to have a ball listening to Prick Wright

People take him to seriously on that show, it's an overly dramatic act, he does a podcast show and freely acknowledged that the Bills are a threat and probably will beat the Chiefs in the playoffs at some point maybe even this year. He's still a homer, saying he wasn't worried based on this game, really all that game showed was that these two teams are right next to each other and the Bills got the edge today and that's fair from a KC fan.

His show today should be funny though, I'm expecting him to get all sorts of crap from his co-hosts, also I bet his team tiers are going to attach some sort of "regular season" dig at the Bills.

Edited by Warcodered

49 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I've never once claimed that the Bills were world beaters, rather that they are a top team in the league and have a real chance of winning a Super Bowl championship.

There are posters on here who constantly complain about the Bills being garbage, and then when the Bills do something positive, those posters disappear.

We saw it yesterday on this board in the gameday threads.

I wasn't thrilled with everything the Bills did yesterday.

I thought the shovel pass to McKenzie was a terrible call.

I thought the squib kick was the wrong thing to do, and then playing prevent was worse.

And I did not agree with the Bills going for it on 4th & 3 at mid-field.

The thing is that I don't just constantly complain about the Bills for 90-95% of the game.

I see the good in this team, and I acknowledge it.

So what.  Be a grown up and ignore it.  Or better yet, you can block users you don't agree with.

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

My question on poyers road trip. 

Do the Bills pick up that tab for the 15 hour drive service, then driver likely stays around and drives the same way back. 

that would be a pretty big Tab. Seeing it is travel for the game do the Bills pick up that tab like they do on the charter flights?  

It sounds like it from McD.  

The medical staff in consultation with Poyer throughout the week - proposed this option and it sounds like the Bills got a nice vehicle that could take Poyer entire family and then allowed him to leave after practice Friday to keep him on the same schedule.

I am sure they have someone on staff to handle the drive - and when they are spending huge money on a charter - my guess is a car and an extra hotel room doesn’t add up to much if it allows him to play.

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I don't agree with Sal C when he says that fumble was Josh's fault. If that play was an option, McKenzie's job is to be looking for the pitch, isn't it?? 

It depends on if it was an option.

I heard it said it was a run option with a pass back- hand off to McK for outside or Josh could keep it himself - no pitch was planned.  McK job was to draw people to the outside leaving a space inside.

Josh elected to keep the ball, but the outside guy crashed down - Much like Josh did to Knox in the Houston playoff game - I think Josh then realized McK would be free and pitched it, but by that time McK had completed his fake and was not expecting the ball.

Knox learned and know McK will have to learn - you never give up on a Josh Allen play.  If he had kept running that had huge potential, but McK stopped on the play after his part was over.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

Orlovsky as REALLY been pumping Frasier on all the ESPN shows today.  Has said "as good of a defensive gameplan that I've seen in years"  "Should be a HC candidate",  Just did a cool breakdown on the last play - DB was in man on right, but said others were in zone to left.  Von purposely went inside to flush Mahomes to the right, where Milano was waiting.   Mahomes thought defense was in man with initial read off right side WR  - thought only single DB in trail technique on who he threw the ball to - but Taron was waiting to drive on ball (and the throw was obscured/rushed by Milano bearing down).  Good stuff

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

It’s two drivers. The DOT won’t let one driver make that entire trip, they’ll have to switch.

Just caught Poyer on Pat McAfee.  He had one driver in the van.  Said they stopped at Indianapolis on Fri night after about 7 hrs, drove about 7 hrs to KC the next day.  Since he was still on the road talking to McAfee, they may have overnighted somewhere last night as well. 

1 guy could do it if it's done in two chunks.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

The Bills likely have a contract with a charter company already. It’s just a matter of the charter company having an available vehicle or the Bills renting a van for 3-4 days.

Sometimes these companies will cut the sports team or star a break, too - "Charter Service for the Buffalo Bills"  "As Flown by Josh Allen" etc

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

It’s two drivers. The DOT won’t let one driver make that entire trip, they’ll have to switch. 

The Bills likely have a contract with a charter company already. It’s just a matter of the charter company having an available vehicle or the Bills renting a van for 3-4 days. 

Actually not that crazy. 

I drove from Tucson, AZ to Queensbury, NY in 41 hours.  I only stopped for gas and piss breaks.  Plenty of No-Doz and being in my early 20s helped.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Just caught Poyer on Pat McAfee.  He had one driver in the van.  Said they stopped at Indianapolis on Fri night after about 7 hrs, drove about 7 hrs to KC the next day.  Since he was still on the road talking to McAfee, they may have overnighted somewhere last night as well. 

1 guy could do it if it's done in two chunks.

Sometimes these companies will cut the sports team or star a break, too - "Charter Service for the Buffalo Bills"  "As Flown by Josh Allen" etc

Right. The driver needs 8 hours in between. So that works. A lot to the time they’ll pull over at a rest stop and there’s a guy waiting to take over in say Indy. That guy will do Indy to KC and back to Indy the next day. Switch again. I’ve never seen them ride together.

I thought for sure the Bills would have had him go straight through. But that’s a long day in the car for a guy that’s gotta play a day later. So I get why they’d have him stop too.  

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I drove from Tucson, AZ to Queensbury, NY in 41 hours.  I only stopped for gas and piss breaks.  Plenty of No-Doz and being in my early 20s helped.

A charter company won’t do that. It’s against the law, a huge fine, and the driver can lose his entire career.

I once did Dallas to San Diego for work with a 40’ trailer in 18 hours. That was wild. Watching the sun come up driving through NM was one of the most gorgeous things I’ve seen in my entire life. What an underrated area of the country. West Texas is trash though. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Milano had an amazing game. Right there w Von in terms of Defensive mvp imo. 

I recall KC had that toss sweep that Milano blew up... looked like he was shot out of a cannon.

Was thinking they sealed the edge and had a good wall of blockers, then bam!

Milano had a hell of a game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I don't agree with Sal C when he says that fumble was Josh's fault. If that play was an option, McKenzie's job is to be looking for the pitch, isn't it?? 

So I was just listening to McDermott's presser

About 18:40 in, not an exact transcript

Reporter (unsure who): "So you were talking about being in a situation before like 13 seconds and learning from it and adjusting.  You know, Isaiah McKenzie has been in spots where he's had struggles before.  Tough day for him yesterday, how do you anticipate him responding and what did you see that might have gone wrong for him yesterday?"

Coach McD: "Well you know, I think that maybe people see that play in the red zone on the first drive, and I think you have to understand what we were really trying to get done there, number one, and then number two, understand big-picture-wise that he was coming back from a week out with a concussion, it was his first game back, and that takes an adjustment period as well.  So we have full confidence in Isaiah, he didn't probably have the production that a lot of people expected him to have, but he's so mentally tough and he's such a big part of our team, we expect him to be back for the Packers game and to play really well."

My translation:  In the past, McDermott has NOT been shy about laying it out there when he thinks McKenzie has screwed up and needs a talkin' to and a seat on the bench.  He also doesn't like to throw any player under the bus publicly (but he's done that with McKenzie, presumably because he thinks it may be helpful there).  I think we can conclude with pretty high certainty that the red-zone fumble play was NOT designed to include an option pitch to McKenzie. There were later plays they would like McKenzie to have made, but nothing that McDermott considers blatant goof-up on McKenzie's part. 

For those who are yearning to see McKenzie in Coach McDermott's Doghouse and replaced by Shakir - I'm sure we'll see Shakir and hopefully more of him as the season goes on, but That Time is Not Yet.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.