NFL Week 6 - Bills victorious!!!! Over Chiefs - post game thread

BuffaloBill

26 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Allen joins Drew Brees as the only player in NFL history with 300+ yard and 3+ TD's with 0 INTs against the same opponent in 3 consecutive games:

Hello manufactured stat of the day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe, but still a hell of an accomplishment...even more so considering all 3 were on the road and one was a playoff game.

I'm by no means diminishing the accomplishment, just that they went fishing in the stat of the day barrell..

My manufactured stat of the day:  Josh is 1 for 1 on TD throws where the receiver did not see his explict direction on the route to run, increased the level of complexity of the throw, threw it to him anyway and won the game as a result of it.  🙂 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

do you know what it costs to charter a couple jets for the team and staff? 

Not sure exactly, but in 2017 this article claims an average NFL team spends about $4 million a year on travel expenses. I'm sure that has gone up somewhat since then.

https://nhsbearsden.com/3148/the-paw-print/the-logistics-of-moving-an-nfl-team/#:~:text=In 2017%2C National Football League,with only 8 away games.

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And Buffalo has beaten the three times under them which makes this the easiest ranking list ever.

bingo. and we play all but the colts and chargers.

other teams like the Bengals and Jets we play. As well as the fins again.

We are holding our own destiny in our hands and as long as we lose to the 3 NFC opponents, we will be the number 1 seed.

How big have the first six games been?

The Bills have likely beaten the division winners in all three of the other divisions in the conference.  They are now ahead in the tie breakers versus Chiefs, Titans and Ravens.  Remarkable.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i really havnt been on here since before the game and i'm not swimming through all 40 pages. So maybe its been mentioned already. But a huge takeaway for me is the Bills being able to stifle run games with light boxes. Thats such a HUGE freaking advantage. All year long we've heard about this dominating interior OL in KC. if you take out Mahomes 4 scrambles on pass plays the chiefs ran 14 times for 57 yards!!! 3.3 a clip.... This team is going to be REALLY hard to beat if they can keep that up.

After a whole season of being labled soft in 2021, the #1 run defense in the nfl now resides in orchard park.... This also should pay large dividends come january when teams have no choice but to run the ball. 

There was a lot of debate about what the Bills should've done--WR vs DL (vs DB), and I think it's hard to question the emphasis on the DL now, both in terms of stopping the run and getting pressure. I think you can point to 3 games last year where the inability to stop the run prevented the Bills from getting the #1 seed -- Colts, Titans, and Pats at home.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I said it during the GDT but those idiot fans were already doing the goodbye song with over 2 minutes left and the Bills driving lol.

I heard that.  Did anyone else get annoyed with the nonstop lalalalalalal overheard on every play..  

• Like (+1) 1

Every once in awhile something catches my eye during a game that makes me laugh.  I'm not "football rules professional", but this fan must know something I don't.

As I recall, we were on our 8 or 9 yd line and committed a penalty.  This KC Fan wanted the refs to award a safety.

Am I missing something or is this guy thinking farrrr outside the box?

kc reduced size.jpg

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I said it during the GDT but those idiot fans were already doing the goodbye song with over 2 minutes left and the Bills driving lol.

Maybe they were doing the goodbye song to the Chiefs in which case they were right.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Every once in awhile something catches my eye during a game that makes me laugh.  I'm not "football rules professional", but this fan must know something I don't.

As I recall, we were on our 8 or 9 yd line and committed a penalty.  This KC Fan wanted the refs to award a safety.

kc reduced size.jpg

lol I saw that too.  I took it as he was hoping for a safety, not that he thought it should have been one because of the penalty.

11 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

kc reduced size.jpg

I remember seeing this chap. Wasn’t it before the plays where Allen would be playing from in the end zone? He was calling the saftey before the play not after it. 

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.