NFL Week 6 - Bills victorious!!!! Over Chiefs - post game thread

BuffaloBill

30 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Not sure how you can conclude that Buffalo clearly is the better team after this game. Sure Buffalo didn't play a clean game but neither did the Chiefs. Sure Buffalo has some injuries but so do the Chiefs. Sure the refs sucked but for both teams. Truthfully before the game I thought the Bills were the better team because of their defense and WRs. Afterwards, I think the Bills are still the better team but by a thinner margin.  Right now not much separates the two teams. Maybe I'm wrong. 

I’ve always been a pretty objective Bills fan as passionate as I am about our team. You seem to have a pessimistic outlook of this team which clouds your judgement weekly. The Chiefs were in this game because we were sloppy on offense, period. McKenzie’s fumble, his 4th down screw up so turnover on downs, our near inability to convert 3/4th and short which are usually gimmies. Thankfully our defensive additions to the D-line and our secondary depth overcame our offenses miscues and Allen was his typical Allen self. If Buffalo had played a clean game, we win by 2 plus scores. I wasn’t impressed by KC’s defense and yeah they were missing guys too I know. Mahomes basically has Kelce, that’s it. Both of them are absolutely all world players and against most teams that’s enough but not us. Their O is nearly 100% dink and dunk, except when Hamlin misses a tackle and JuJu runs for 40 plus yards.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

True.

But why not focus on him in the red zone? You have to take Mahomes' favorite target away to force him to hold it longer.

Was the strangest way to play that TE who is at the top of his game and deadly in the red zone.

I have no idea what they were doing in the RZ. It's almost inexplicable...cover him great all the way down the field and then just let him get wide open 4 times when you know Mahomes is going to look for him.

• Agree 2

An emerging pattern:

For the first time in what feels like forever, the Bills don’t go into a hole when things don’t go their way early.

In previous seasons, even with Josh and McD at the helm, if things went poorly in the first quarter, it tended to snowball and became one of “those” games.

Now? This team can experience early adversity and miscues, but push through it and work their way back toward a victory.

We saw it in Baltimore and we saw it again today. Huge, huge step in the evolution of this team.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

KC’s defense was a lot better than I thought they’d be, but I also thought this game had a bit of a learning curve for Ken Dorsey in dealing with those pressures that Spagnulo.

Spags sent the house after Allen, and now that’s on tape. Dorsey will have a better answer in the playoffs.

Also Isiah McKenzie isn’t going to play this poorly again 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’d be shocked if he doesn’t win it based on our remaining schedule.  He was a huge betting favorite before this game…josh was +200 and mahomes was +500 and the gap is only gonna get wider 

This team is gonna be nuts after the bye if White comes back. Hopefully Poyer and Phillips get back to 100%

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Taron is not a world beater in coverage, but he draws the short straw as teams don't generally try to test us deep when both our safeties are on patrol.

He and Elam tend to give up a few yards underneath trailing in coverage, but both are pretty physical.

KC was getting zilch out of their run game.

Thought the refs were horrible throwing DPIs flags on jams as it was a good plan to be physical and jam their receivers off the line and disrupt timing.

Elam took a few bad angles early, but love his compete. He will only get better.

Refs weren’t good tonight.

I can’t believe the replay that was showed on the Neal DH call in the first half of Kelce was the right replay. That was nothing. 

I thought Elams call was a bit light but he did do enough to turn the WR hips over. 

That said, it was either 2nd or 3rd and 10 on the final game winning drive and Dawkins had a blatant hold that wasn’t called and allowed us to convert. Also 15 yards for a BS taunting call saved the Bills. I won’t complain too much. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, appoo said:

KC’s defense was a lot better than I thought they’d be, but I also thought this game had a bit of a learning curve for Ken Dorsey in dealing with those pressures that Spagnulo.

Spags sent the house after Allen, and now that’s on tape. Dorsey will have a better answer in the playoffs.

Also Isiah McKenzie isn’t going to play this poorly again 

I thought Dorsey was poor in the Red Zone in the first half. Also Mac must be better than he was in first half or we might lose a game with that kind of performance 

Just now, Mango said:

I can’t believe the replay that was showed on the Neal DH call in the first half of Kelce was the right replay. That was nothing. 

I thought Elams call was a bit light but he did do enough to turn the WR hips over. 

That said, it was either 2nd or 3rd and 10 on the final game winning drive and Dawkins had a blatant hold that wasn’t called and allowed us to convert. Also 15 yards for a BS taunting call saved the Bills. I won’t complain too much. 

What about the blatant trip on Allen.

The game may not have come down to the wire if that drive had stayed alive.

Worked out, but that was horrible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I’ve given up on getting mad at tick-tack calls on the chiefs offense in 3rd downs. I basically expect it. 

At this point I just hope it balances out somehow, and I think it did tonight 

1 minute ago, Orlando Tim said:

I thought Dorsey was poor in the Red Zone in the first half. Also Mac must be better than he was in first half or we might lose a game with that kind of performance 

Think he had a big drop to in the 2nd - they just overcame it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Success said:

KC fans are going w/ the "the Bills won their Super Bowl" cope.

I guess they must have gone to the Patriots fan summer seminar.

I take their "cope" comes with a  pinch of bitterness and a salty rim. Sore Losers. why am I not surprised.  Drink it up cheif fans you spoiled pompous  fanbase you. CHEERS

signed Bills Mafia

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

OL holding was a pretty moot point imo…both teams were holding like crazy and it wasn’t getting called 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

im petty? Or are you just a shill? I think @Shaw66 has had plenty of good takes over the years but he’s taken a sharp turn downward recently. 

Hey, he’s still better than @Virgil

Common man, that's not necessary, especially after a great win. You're fine to disagree with someone point of view but you don't need to be disrespectful.  Those posters have contributed greatly to this forum. 

Let's all enjoy the season. It's shaping up to be a very special one! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.