Patriots may have a QB

Einstein

12 hours ago, TableDestoyer69 said:

Josh Allen had horrible support his first year. The Bills had the 32nd highest paid Oline in the league, and most of the starters are now out of the league. They had the 30th highest paid WR corps (not last because of Kelvin Benjamin). They had an average paid TE corps, but only because of the ghost of Charles Clay. He had Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron to learn the position from.

Despite that he still had some electric moments every game and got visibly better over the course of the season.

If anything, JA's first year is a signal that you can take a top-level talent, and even if they're raw and in a horrible situation they will show flashes of greatness.

I agree. I hate when people mock JAs first season. Anyone with half a brain could clearly see in his first season he had the it factor. Not guaranteed to become elite but definitely he showed alot. 

Edited by AlfaBill
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Bad players play bad football.

Not a mystery in my opinion.

Belichicks the GM too so...

9 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I agree. I hate when people mock JAs first season. Anyone with half a brain could clearly see in his first season he had the it factor. Not guaranteed to become elite but definitely he showed alot. 

Agree... I didnt know Josh would end up as good as he is today but I said from the first game that Josh was a winner and had the "it" factor.  Some QBs just display that drive to win.  He is one of those.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Belichicks the GM too so...

Agree... I didnt know Josh would end up as good as he is today but I said from the first game that Josh was a winner and had the "it" factor.  Some QBs just display that drive to win.  He is one of those.

Right? I felt the same way. It bugs when the talking heads make it seem as though he was trash his 1 and 2 seasons. It’s like they’re making excuses for their  bad takes that he was going to be a bust

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Right? I felt the same way. It bugs when the talking heads make it seem as though he was trash his 1 and 2 seasons. It’s like they’re making excuses for their  bad takes that he was going to be a bust

He definitely needed some polishing, but he also made some guys look silly with his throws and runs. Dude was a gamer and if he could be more consistent, there was incredible potential 

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Mac Jones starts vs the Jets.

(14) Field Yates on Twitter: "Breaking news for Week 8: Patriots QB Mac Jones took about 90% of the first teams reps in practice today and will start for the team on Sunday against the Jets, per source. https://t.co/Gc2js6YabK" / Twitter

Since beating us in the wind game where he threw 3 passes, Jones is 2-7 with 10 TDs, 13 INTs and a QB rating of 75 which is the worst in one of the worst in football over that time.

Appears DC's caught up to him late in the year and he hasn't shown any ability to counter how they are playing him now with any real consistency. I think he already probably hit his ceiling the first half of his rookie year.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Since beating us in the wind game where he threw 3 passes, Jones is 2-7 with 10 TDs, 13 INTs and a QB rating of 75 which is the worst in one of the worst in football over that time.

Appears DC's caught up to him late in the year and he hasn't shown any ability to counter how they are playing him now with any real consistency. I think he already probably hit his ceiling the first half of his rookie year.

I hope he does well this week. Not rooting for the Pats but I would like to see the Jets go 5-3.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

I could see that game being very ugly from an offensive standpoint where first team to 17 wins.

Hard to predict the Pats. They looked great at Cleveland and then lousy vs the Bears. The Jets D is legit but without Breece and Vera-Tucker the offense will struggle more than usual. 

On 10/16/2022 at 3:27 PM, Einstein said:

I’ve been watching Zappe the last couple of weeks and have been very impressed.

(Try not to laugh) but I see a bit of very early Brady in him. Not the goat Brady - the Brady that was more of a game manager in 2001.  Patient, calm in the pocket, smart decisions. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mac doesn’t hit the starting rotation again. He is 19/27 for 256 yards and 2 TD’s today. 

I see silliness is still in abundance here 

21 hours ago, Steel City Mafia said:

If it did that's just poor situational awareness - gotta know where those wires are at all times.  Never saw Josh hit a wire...   :devil:

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/25/2022 at 10:24 AM, TableDestoyer69 said:

Josh Allen had horrible support his first year. The Bills had the 32nd highest paid Oline in the league, and most of the starters are now out of the league. They had the 30th highest paid WR corps (not last because of Kelvin Benjamin). They had an average paid TE corps, but only because of the ghost of Charles Clay. He had Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron to learn the position from.

Despite that he still had some electric moments every game and got visibly better over the course of the season.

If anything, JA's first year is a signal that you can take a top-level talent, and even if they're raw and in a horrible situation they will show flashes of greatness.

This is true. The OL & WRs were horrible as we had no money to pay for good players because of how much dead cap space we carried that year. 30% of their total cap was dead cap space. It sucked that year, but it got us to where we needed to be alot quickier.

21 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Have never watched a whole segment w/ Wright before, and I know he says things for effect, but have to say I give him credit for throwing the phrase "and all the cheating" in there - which I never hear any media person utter.  It always boggles my mind peope throw the goat crap at bellicheat and brady and - bizarro world - even non-Cheater fans have been conditioned to just ignore the cheating - which was absolutely integral to the success of BOTH of them.

Also the Mac Jones stats were shocking - both how bad this year (below 32!) - and the stats since the hurricane game. That was crazy to see

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.