Patriots may have a QB

Einstein

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

They wont though.  Belichick and the roster is just good enough to stay +/- a few games of .500.  Good enough to stay in the hunt and maybe grab a wild card spot here and there.... but not bad enough to have a serious crack at premier pick(s) (aka QB).  

They will probably beat the Jets next week to get to 4-4.    Whoever starts at QB will look serviceable and many people will compare him to 2001 Brady or Josh Allen's stats in his 1st year.  

This is the purgatory we lived in as Bills fans for too long.  Debating over EJ Manuel, Trent Edwards, and JP Losman.  Watching a sound running game with a decent defense make up for deficient QB play in the eternal quest for a 1st round playoff exit... while Tom brady and Payton Manning Rothlisberger, (and Rivers) were playing in all the games that mattered.  

Also, in defense of Jones on that slide... It kind of looks like in fast motion, he slid, his ankle/leg was in danger of sticking/rolling under, and he quickly lifted his leg to avoid injury.  

I doubt we get a top 10 pick.. was just a tongue in cheek reaction after that horrid performance on D. I expect the O be a mess we have dumb and dumber running it.. the D has no excuses.. they played horrid! 

I think the issue with the likes of Zappe, Jones and Lawrence is they may have been 'world class' quarterbacks if we go back five to ten years, in the era when pocket passing was key. But defenses have adapted since then, and extra strength, sight, legs or a mixture of two or three is needed to elevate quarterback play above the mire.

I would hope the league fines Mac for intentionally kicking a defender while sliding.  Once he starts to slide the defender pulls up to avoid contact, making himself defenseless.  Kicking him then is dirty/cheap.  Although I expect nothing less from the Pats*

1 hour ago, f0neguy said:

I would hope the league fines Mac for intentionally kicking a defender while sliding.  Once he starts to slide the defender pulls up to avoid contact, making himself defenseless.  Kicking him then is dirty/cheap.  Although I expect nothing less from the Pats*

Wait, wasn't he voted in the top 100 list last year as such a great qb?? 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, transient said:

Mac Jones is a little B word who squealed like a pig when he sprained his ankle. If he keeps this punk ***** up he's going to get straight up murdered by a pissed off defensive lineman one day and everyone will stand around saying "that's a shame".

I'd say that right now: "That's a Shame (tm)"

11 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Still a bad throw and still karma for trying to kick a guy in the balls 

That's how I see it.  The Safety was positioned to play robber, he was in front of the WR, he was tracking the ball, and he was motivated to high-point that sucka

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.