Patriots may have a QB

Einstein

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Most of them do and would rather see Mac now but hoping his confidence isnt shot because BB ruined him and is a bad coach.  At least thats some of the crap I read on their forums just now.

the OP is just a troll and has made himself look like a fool once again. All in all a good outcome for this thread in my book.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Zappe sucks

49 minutes ago, Einstein said:

We are just talking football.

There is no Bills game this week. Need something to talk about.

I guess we could all go back to thread about Sal attending a baseball game.

You should be comparing him to trash. You'd be closer to reality.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

why on gods green earth do you keep comparing him to marcia?  

are you obsessed by ne and their QB situation? 

closet patsie fan? real question, are you a bills fan or just trolling the board for ***** and giggles?

just curious is all.

Troll - he has been a troll all along.

He is obsessed with everything great about other AFC east teams and how bad the Bills are.  

Don’t let his bull fool you - this is who he is.  

Einstein 🤮🤦‍♂️ -  His dog is a better poster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, eball said:

…and then again, they may not.

Yea the limitation has been there the whole time but it showed up last night... he is good when there is the threat of the run. He is kinda a poor man's Jared Goff. If you give him a functioning run game and stay in 3rd and shorts he can move the football and hit those spots behind the linebackers pretty effectivel. He is a particularly efficient passer on early downs. As Romo always says - the easiest down to pass is first down. But as soon as you get him into 3rd and medium, 3rd and long or a 4th down situation where the game is on Zappe he is overwhelmed. That isn't to say he can't get better and he does look more comfortable in the offense than Mac who is totally out of sync, his feet are fidgety, he is holding onto the ball and his reads are all over the place. But the crowning of Zappe as the second coming was more than a little premature.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea the limitation has been there the whole time but it showed up last night... he is good when there is the threat of the run. He is kinda a poor man's Jared Goff. If you give him a functioning run game and stay in 3rd and shorts he can move the football and hit those spots behind the linebackers pretty effectivel. He is a particularly efficient passer on early downs. As Romo always says - the easiest down to pass is first down. But as soon as you get him into 3rd and medium, 3rd and long or a 4th down situation where the game is on Zappe he is overwhelmed. That isn't to say he can't get better and he does look more comfortable in the offense than Mac who is totally out of sync, his feet are fidgety, he is holding onto the ball and his reads are all over the place. But the crowning of Zappe as the second coming was more than a little premature.

Hate to state the obvious, but there is a reason these guys are drafted late.  There are obvious flaws or limitations, and you’re just hoping you find the diamond in the rough or a guy you can develop into being a competent backup/practice player.

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Thread topic on Pats Forum at the moment...

I stated this a couple of months ago.  A friend of mine lives in New England and an actual live talk show on tv in New England had the topic “Will Mac Jones make it to the Hall of Fame?”

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A comment on their forum's game thread.

"So you’ve destroyed Mac, showed that Zappe has no business being a starting QB, and cemented last place all in one night."

...love to see it

• Haha (+1) 1

Another tom brady is so far fetched. 

That entire thing, and the length of that dynasty in the cap era is unprecedented.   It was also aided by the jets, dolphins, and bills effectively going dormant for almost 2 decades.

If I were a pats fan, with a good qb draft coming up, I'm hoping neither qb is the starter in 2023.  The afc right now is a track meet with the qb situations (as well as the top handful of wr and te in the league).  

There was a really odd crowd / QB dynamic going on last night.   

On a number of plays it seemed almost like Jones and Zappe were "playing to the fans," like matadors in a bull fight, rather than executing a game plan.    Especially Zappe after the success of the first two drives, where he seemed to get caught up in the "Next Brady" melodrama and began doing things outside of his physical capabilities and experience level (heaving up long balls, deep out crossing routes, etc.).   It was definitely one of the strangest games I've ever seen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.