Patriots may have a QB

Einstein

As we knew quite well during the drought, when you have two quarterbacks you don't have any quarterbacks.  Unless they are Joe Montana and Steve Young, or Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers.  Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe are none of those.

You hate to see it.

But also, you love to see it.

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, TableDestoyer69 said:

If anything, JA's first year is a signal that you can take a top-level talent, and even if they're raw and in a horrible situation they will show flashes of greatness.

Justin Fields (I know it's not his first year) showed me some of that last night.  He has the physical goods to be an elite quarterback if the Bears can finally get out of their own way (which isn't guaranteed).  Mac'n'Zap have none of that.  Neither does Tua.

4 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

For a coach that’s supposedly a coaching Sage/savant  the handling of the QB situation was a complete and utter fail.  He’s created a giant mess moving forward.

In his defense he is being forced to play with the QBs his General Manager drafted....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, PayDaBill$ said:

For a coach that’s supposedly a coaching Sage/savant  the handling of the QB situation was a complete and utter fail.  He’s created a giant mess moving forward.

I think we’re seeing the at if you take away Dante Scarnecchia coaching the OL, Tom Brady under center and don’t have Josh McDaniels running the offense the Pats are shockingly average.

It really is a team game and while BB might be able to maximize what he has on the roster it doesn’t help that he’s a ***** GM and can’t draft to save his life. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

You guys did this with Jones too. 

I never thought Jones was impressive. Ever.

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Belichick is also 20+ years older and doesn’t have the same skills/abilities he had then. 

How does a coach lose his skills? Dementia?

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I never thought Jones was impressive. Ever.

How does a coach lose his skills? Dementia?

Einstein you gotta love the fact that a thread you started 9 or so days ago has more than doubled itself just in less than a day.

Lively and current topic.  

Some posters have their threads sink and die quickly never to be seen again.

I believe I have one about why our gumbo is better than New England's gumbo that just never really found its place. 

Cheers.

• Haha (+1) 1

Normally Belichik gets a pass as the GOAT, but I really don't understand his thought process with the QB situation right now.

If Jones is not healthy there was no need to rush him back and Zappe should have been the starter and played the whole game last night which may have  yielded a different result even though the Bears horrendous offense magically transformed into the Bills last night.

Seems like he's truly determined to go out on a low note like Brady...

38 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

When they were winning with Brady he could hide behind the whole Patriot Way BS and new players and FA's would jump on board and follow it all to the letter. Now they're a losing team he can't get away with that stuff anymore because the results aren't there to back it up. 

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

I was excited to wake up today to doom and gloom but all of my Pats fan friends are saying this was just 1 bad game, Pats still have the best coach in football (lol), and are a 10 win/playoff team (lolol). They said they will have a great game plan for the Bills cooked up and are expecting to split with us and if so the division is still in play 😅

As I posted last night, I think NE just made a great case to being the worst team in football. I had the Bears up there and they just blew the doors off them soooo....

I tried to tell people in the offseason lol The pats were an 8 win team last year against an easy schedule  that got obscenely lucky with when they ran into certain teams on top of that.  Bills in the wind storm, browns and titans when their entire teams were injured.  I don’t think they were winning 10 this year even with a qb playing well.  That defense seems to really struggle against dual threat qbs…they’ve had no answer for josh Allen, Lamar, or fields 

Bill Belichick* needs another 24 wins to beat Don Shula's record, and is likely refusing to retire until he gets there. It kinda seemed like a forgone conclusion when he managed to limp that dog crap team into the playoffs last season. But now with the mess that he's created in NE, one has to wonder. What happens when 81-year-old Handy-man Kraft loses control of the Patriots*, either by death or dementia? What happens if he starts stringing together four to six win seasons? Is Belichick* going to be the Patriots* HC for another five+ years???

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Bill Belichick* needs another 24 wins to beat Don Shula's record, and is likely refusing to retire until he gets there. It kinda seemed like a forgone conclusion when he managed to limp that dog crap team into the playoffs last season. But now with the mess that he's created in NE, one has to wonder. What happens when 81-year-old Handy-man Kraft loses control of the Patriots*, either by death or dementia? What happens if he starts stringing together four to six win seasons? Is Belichick* going to be the Patriots* HC for another five+ years???

I hope he breaks Shula's record ... five years from now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.