Patriots may have a QB

Einstein

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Honestly...I don't know if he will prove to be any good long term...but Mac Jones job is not secure right now.  It would not surprise me at all if Mac doesn't get his job back right away when he is healthy again.  

But Lil Mac is a top 100 player. I iz r sew confoosed.

• Haha (+1) 1

My two cents are that it was always going to be a near impossible task to be the first guy to replace Brady. That is what Mac is trying to do.

Zeppe on the other hand has zero pressure. He's not the guy trying to replace Brady. That may help him. But Mac was always very limited physically. If he doesn't pan out it won't be a shock. I haven't watched any of Zeppe but I won't be holding my breath to find out if he is a Allen or Mahomes type QB. Don't think I need to worry there. And QB's aside, the Bills roster is better than the Patriots at nearly every group. There is a reason why we haven't punted against them in two games. 

30 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

But Lil Mac is a top 100 player. I iz r sew confoosed.

Zeppe is top 80 already apparently. 

Lmao, 6'0 Bailey Zappe vs 6'4" Tom Brady? No similarities whatsoever. Except maybe they both can't run. This kid will be wrecked by the end of the year. He is def no Drew Brees. NE is stuck in the mud for the foreseeable future. Zach Wilson will be better than anything NE has. Wasn't is this off season that everyone was saying Mac Jones was the next Tom Brady??? Give me a break. 

And who in the ***** names their son Bailey??? Ok for a girls name or a dog, but come on, really??? You're gonna name your son Bailey? Love to meet his patents. Were prolly expecting to become a professional golfer.

Edited by Bubba Gump

9 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

My two cents are that it was always going to be a near impossible task to be the first guy to replace Brady. That is what Mac is trying to do.

Good point.  I remember having all the hope in the world for Todd Collins a long, long time ago.  It was an impossible task.

17 hours ago, extrahammer said:

He does seem better than Mac Jones from what I've seen. 

Mac Jones had a string of games from ~week 7 to 12 last season where, as Coach McDermott put it "show me someone else who is playing better" - he looked good.

Yeah Zappe had a good game, but maybe pump the brakes on him as the Franchise Man.

Edited by Beck Water

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Mac Jones had a string of games from ~week 7 to 12 last season where, as Coach McDermott put it "show me someone else who is playing better" - he looked good.

Yeah Zappe had a good game, but maybe pump the brakes on him as the Franchise Man.

The Bills just beat the Chiefs, why can't you just be happy? Where did I or the OP say anything about him being the "Franchise Man" as you say? It's literally just an observation. Stop putting words into people's mouths so you can feel empowered. Enjoy the KC win, if you wanna get all bent because some other Bills fans made observations, you're not trying to live stress free today. 

9 hours ago, Jeffbigalls said:

He is the first QB since sonny jurgenson to win his first 2 starts while posting a passer rating over 100 in those games.

Maybe Bailey can play Detroit and Cleveland the rest of his career.

11 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

The Bills just beat the Chiefs, why can't you just be happy? Where did I or the OP say anything about him being the "Franchise Man" as you say? It's literally just an observation. Stop putting words into people's mouths so you can feel empowered. Enjoy the KC win, if you wanna get all bent because some other Bills fans made observations, you're not trying to live stress free today. 

The Bills just beat the Chiefs, why can't YOU just be happy? It's not like he condemned or insulted you or anyone.

4 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

Maybe Bailey can play Detroit and Cleveland the rest of his career.

The Bills just beat the Chiefs, why can't YOU just be happy? It's not like he condemned or insulted you or anyone.

I'm very happy, ecstatic in fact. But he did quote me and twist my words along with his condescension. There's no need for it and I'm in such a good mood I'm gonna spit that right back to someone. 

16 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Hi!  We're in a thread titled "Patriots may have a QB".  We're discussing the Patriots QB sitch here, not the Bills win.

"Have a QB" usually means "have their Guy" "found the Franchise"

As for the rest, sorry, I can't respond, I need to rush out and shop for a new Irony meter 'cuz mine just exploded

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Hi!  We're in a thread titled "Patriots may have a QB".  We're discussing the Patriots QB sitch here, not the Bills win.

"Have a QB" usually means "have their Guy" "found the Franchise"

As for the rest, sorry, I can't respond, I need to rush out and shop for a new Irony meter 'cuz mine just exploded

Be sure to pick up a corny jokes meter too. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.