I don't hate Kansas City

Success

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Apparently, this topic has touched a nerve over on Chiefs Planet.  https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345517&page=55

image.thumb.png.b3de3d99af27ea1683c5ad7722e23946.png

I say, f*** them!  I read their message board and I'd say about half of them are a bunch of ignorant, cocky, Mahomes-gargling d-bags.  I hope we stomp them this Sunday until they're sh*tting ribs.

Chiefs planet is known as a bit of a cesspool though. Absolutely everything hits a nerve with those guys.

Obviously we have a rivalry going with KC right now, but for me it's just that: a rivalry.

I've been to Arrowhead as a road team fan, and everybody was completely cool and friendly.  The Chiefs fans I know locally are cool.  (I live about six hours away from KC, so it's not hard to find a few Chiefs fans mixed into our mostly-Vikings population).  Their fanbase has been through some of the same challenges and heartbreaks that we've been through -- it's not like they're the Cowboys or Steelers or some other franchise with a case full of trophies and a bunch of spoiled fans.  

Kansas City didn't violate covid protocols, get our game delayed, and then proceed to act like the aggrieved victim.  Our games get a little chippy because of the stakes, but they're not a dirty team.  

From afar, Mahomes seems like a good guy. You certainly can't argue with his talent.  He doesn't cheat or angle-shoot, unlike certain other QBs that might come to mind.  He's not a low-key weirdo like Rodgers.  Josh seems to like the guy, and who am I to argue with Josh? 

I would have preferred for the Chiefs to win the SB last year.  By way of contrast, I would root for Al Qaeda University if they played New England. 

Sunday's game is huge.  I want the Bills to blow them out and crush their hopes under our heel.  I will root against Kansas City in every game they play the rest of the year as long as we're still playing, because they're the biggest threat to us.  I root against them out of respect, not hatred.  No hard feelings at all besides that.

• Like (+1) 2

I think Kansas City has great fans, some obnoxious but that happens when you win, those will leave when the wins do.

Andy Reid is not a good human, above average/great football coach. All the crap with his kids, he knew his son was an issue and enabled him until he nearly killed a kid. His son should not have been in an NFL building unless he bought a ticket.

Mahomes has never did anything besides throwing his OL under the bus after the SB loss, which cost them all their job. I have a feeling he isn't a good person and if he ever starts losing it will show, but I have no concrete evidence of this.

So no, I don't hate them but I wouldn't say I like them either.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Their fans are pretty arrogant and can't fathom how anyone could say Allen is better than Mahomes.

You can't even have any sort of convo about it without them basically telling you to F off.

But it's alright. I don't want them to give it to us, I want the Bills to go take it from them.

Ive not had that experience in Tampa.  The Chiefs fans here primarily are

respectful of Bills fans.  To the OP, I don’t hate KC.  I have a healthy respect for their team and they are not NE.

With that said, I want to destroy them and rip the spirit of their souls tomorrow.  I don’t want it close.  I want them to fear us in the playoffs and hopefully McD

brought his man card to KC.  Keep scoring and scoring and scoring until the last play of the game.  No taking a knee in the last minute up but 21.  I hope we score another 7 with 13 seconds left on the clock going up by 28.  Screw it, go for 2 with 1 second left in the game.

Now that my fantasy is over I expect us to win by 4 tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I've heard from multiple Bills fans who have attended the recent games in KC that their fans, in person, are generally respectful and welcoming.

Which, unsurprisingly, appears to stand in stark contrast to the online hoards. Imagine that.

The dark web !!!

22 hours ago, Einstein said:

You may want to visit Chiefs Planet.

They are nothing like us. 

Actually I'd rather swallow broken glass than hang out at a football forum that isn't Bills related--and even this one is tough to do at times.

What I meant was they are GREAT fans who CARE about the team, are knowledgable, and the team/games mean a lot to them in the course of their weekly lives.

Some fanbases are like that.  A lot aren't.

It's pathetic when Bills fans attack other fans, pretending that only Bills fans are the best.

And then we have home playoff games that aren't sell outs...but I guess that's OK.

35 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Actually I'd rather swallow broken glass than hang out at a football forum that isn't Bills related--and even this one is tough to do at times.

What I meant was they are GREAT fans who CARE about the team, are knowledgable, and the team/games mean a lot to them in the course of their weekly lives.

Some fanbases are like that.  A lot aren't.

It's pathetic when Bills fans attack other fans, pretending that only Bills fans are the best.

And then we have home playoff games that aren't sell outs...but I guess that's OK.

You’re just flat out wrong.

Chiefs fans are among the worst in sports. Just disgusting the things they post and encourage.

I’ve seen posts (and mods encourage) about hoping players get irreversibly injured, laughing about disease diagnosis, making fun of Hunter Kelly, etc.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

You’re just flat out wrong.

Chiefs fans are among the worst in sports. Just disgusting the things they post and encourage.

I’ve seen posts (and mods encourage) about hoping players get irreversibly injured, laughing about disease diagnosis, making fun of Hunter Kelly, etc.

Away from the message boards, there may be some country bumpkins out there who are nice and polite…. but don’t forget, any fanbase, whether it’s the Chumps, the Braves, or the Seminoles, who do the Tomahawk Chop is lame af.

Edited by Rico
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Apparently, this topic has touched a nerve over on Chiefs Planet.  https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345517&page=55

image.thumb.png.b3de3d99af27ea1683c5ad7722e23946.png

I say, f*** them!  I read their message board and I'd say about half of them are a bunch of ignorant, cocky, Mahomes-gargling d-bags.  I hope we stomp them this Sunday until they're sh*tting ribs.

If it wasn't for that site, I'd think the world of KC fans.

I kind of vowed not to go there after I visited during the AFCCG a few years ago, but I checked out this thread. It's like a cartoon.  That place is so weird - it's just vile, vile, vile.  I feel like it's supposed to be a parody of toxic fans or something.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.