I don't hate Kansas City

Success

1 minute ago, Success said:

I'd agree that the "hate" thing is more prominent in youth.  Though, as an older dude, I find I still have it for the Patriots and Boston teams in general.  That almost feels like part of my DNA now.  But I can't say I really "hate" too many other teams (and another poster said it, but we're just talking sports hate - not real, vitriolic hate).

I did hate New England back then, but part of that was because they were so good compared to us. And what could you really say to Pats fans? They did win 6 Super Bowls in the last two decades... but since Brady has left and won another, you really realize how much of a factor he contributed to their success. And as a player, I respect him because he continues to want to play, even risking his marriage to play. I respect a guy like that. I didn't always say that. And I'm sure I'll get some vomit emojis too just for saying that, lol. Not to say one is better or not, I very much like the fact our fans are so passionate and have really helped make this one of the most intimidating places to come play. 

I went to the KC regular season game last year and the playoff game, the fans were nice during the regular season, before the playoff game not so much, but after the game every KC fan me and my friends encountered showed a lot of respect, complimenting Josh and saying how much they fear him more than anyone else in the league. 

That being said, I won't be at this game, but I am a fan of metaphors, so we're making spicy KC BBQ pulled pork sliders, so we can eat KC. 😈 Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I hate Kansas City

I hate Mahomes

I hate Mahomes girlfriend

I hate Mahomes brother

I hate I-70

I hate everything and everyone from Kansas City!!!!!!

I also hate all the Bills fans who would rather have the Rat than Josh.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I did some work in KC a long time ago and enjoyed my time there.  They have a really good team right now - an excellent coach, a great QB, a great TE, and a front office that has aggressively put pieces in place to be successful.  They've won a Super Bowl with the current regime and have advanced deep in the playoffs many times.  I respect them as an organization and they have a passionate fan base.  I think that the Chiefs and Bills are the best 2 teams in the NFL by a pretty wide margin.  If the Bills win on Sunday (which I think they will), the Bills will be the better team for right now, but truly, until the Bills can beat them in the playoffs and win a Super Bowl, you have to give the nod to Chiefs.  I love the Bills, but I can also be objective.

As to 13 seconds, while the Bills definitely screwed the pooch, it can't be lost that the Chiefs made some great plays when they had to, and took advantage of the Bills' mistakes.

I hate Mahomes' brother and girlfriend/wife/baby momma, but they are really not significant.  Neither one plays for or works for the Chiefs.  The brother, in particular, should be nowhere near the field at an NFL game.

For the sake of the Bills' playoff seeding and home-field advantage, I root against the Chiefs.  I wanted them to lose to the Raiders, I want them to lose every week, and I want the Bills to crush them on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

Is that wrong?  

Mahomes is one of the most fun players in the league to watch. You almost have to love that guy as a general fan of the game. It's cool that he and Allen have so much respect for each other and have said they're friends off the field.  I also have always liked Reid, and he really paid his dues in Philly all those years.  

I also see their market & history has similar to Buffalo.  Not an NFL darling, passionate & crazy fanbase.  Came up short for decades before finally having a team that can deliver.  And Patriots fans hate KC, so that has to count for something.

I find it strange that I don't hate them, because I usually hate any team that ends my team's season even once, and they've done it twice now.

Anyone else feel that way?  I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of vomit reactions, but I was curious.

I lived in Kansas City for many years, and have an affection for the place and the people there. They are for the most part decent, open, midwestern folk not so different from people in Buffalo. I have never wavered in my support for the Bills, but I did become a fan of the KC Royals and that has stuck with me. 

Remember, before he was coach of the Bills, Marv Levy was head coach of the Chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

I don't hate Mahomes, and I don't hate Andy Reid.

I definitely hate Kelce.

Yeah, agreed. Kelce. I can't stand him.  He's so cocky and backs it up. It's like he's unstoppable and Mahomes is lucky to have him.

I live in Omaha and went to the regular season game last year. I also, don't hate the team. 

The fans were really cordial even in the loss, and had a lot of positives to say about the bills and Josh. 

I want the bills to beat them bad, but don't hate the team.

Edited by Udubalum07
  • Like (+1) 1

There’s so much insecurity in this thread.  

i like Andy Reid.  

I don’t hate Mahomes.

I don’t hate Kelce.

I hated Tyreek Hill.  Still do.  

I’m scared of Chris Jones.  He’s the only true difference maker on that defense.  He can ruin our offense if we don’t double him all day.  

One of my best friends is a KC STH.  We talk football all the time and I appreciate him and his families love for Mahomes and their team.  Reminds me of a less passionate version of myself with regards to Allen and the Bills.

This rivalry is amazing.  It would be huge if we could go 2-0 vs them this year and win a Super Bowl.  At that point, we’d be leading the rivalry.  2020 and 2021 seasons are less valuable that real time victories.  Get it done.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Rico said:

I also hate all the Bills fans who would rather have the Rat than Josh.

Nate Geary simping for Mahomes on a Chiefs Twitter account yesterday was enough for me to put him back on mute. 

Mahomes is great, and has the best young QB resume in the game.  It’s not even close.   However, in 2022, I’m not sure how any Buffalo Bills fan would take Mahomes over Allen.  

Mahomes is elite.  Has been elite.  Will be elite.  He’s been at that same elite level since jump basically.  

Allen took a while to develop and is now elite.  Will be elite.  …and I honestly have no idea what his ceiling is.   He’s improved year to year, every year.  

I am old school. I don’t like any of the Buffalo Bills NFL opponents there the enemy. Even if the Buffalo Bills win 50 Super Bowls I want 51 Super Bowls for Buffalo. The opponent is the enemy always when the Buffalo Bills play against whatever NFL team we are playing. After the game shake hands say hello see you in the playoffs or next year type of thing win or lose. But not during the game that is ridiculous the Chiefs or any NFL team is the enemy when the Bills play them in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

18 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Mahomes isn't as bad as Brady but I'm almost positive he has a mirrored ceiling in his bedroom

We bought our second house from a builder who had put mirrors on the angled part of the tray ceiling in the master bedroom. There was also a mirrored wall opposite the foot of the bed. It was HYSTERICAL to show people our new house. Some people would look in the room, pretend not to notice and say nothing. Others would yell “WOOHOO!!!” and run and jump on the bed and check out all the angles. 

The adhesive holding up the mirrors was so strong you’d have to go in the attic and literally knock the drywall down to get rid of it, costing thousands of dollars to repair. We never got around to that before moving. 🤷‍♂️

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't hate KC either, and generally cheer for them unless they are playing us. 

Why? I'm a big Andy Reid fan, and I also like watching Mahomes. 

Reid's offensive wrinkles are just fun to watch. 

I also have faith that this Bills team can beat them when it comes to it, so I don't go too crazy worried about records, although the #1 seed is huge for the bye more than anything else. 

• Like (+1) 2

The Fans are the worst. 

The second worst are media members who all get the same talking points after the game. Analysis that is nothing deeper than reading box scores. 

And honestly, I'm petty, no way do I like that Josh is good friends with Mahomes. I like the Jordan philosophy better, I feel more like. He is trying to beat you, he has beaten you, there is no friends. I'm not playing golf with you the week after you beat me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.