I don't hate Kansas City

Success

Is that wrong?  

Mahomes is one of the most fun players in the league to watch. You almost have to love that guy as a general fan of the game. It's cool that he and Allen have so much respect for each other and have said they're friends off the field.  I also have always liked Reid, and he really paid his dues in Philly all those years.  

I also see their market & history has similar to Buffalo.  Not an NFL darling, passionate & crazy fanbase.  Came up short for decades before finally having a team that can deliver.  And Patriots fans hate KC, so that has to count for something.

I find it strange that I don't hate them, because I usually hate any team that ends my team's season even once, and they've done it twice now.

Anyone else feel that way?  I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of vomit reactions, but I was curious.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Vomit 8
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 13
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

I like Mahomes alright. I like Reid. But they have some bad personalities on that team. Now that Tyreek Hill is gone, that improves it a little.

They have some terrible, terrible fans though. I know every fanbase has some bad apples, but they have more than their fare share. And their message boards are the worst I have ever seen.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

For me its more the fan base and their reactions to anybody even being compared to their qb or franchise. They conduct themselves like they're in the middle of a dynasty and its just not the case. Try telling one of them that Mahomes isnt all alone way up in his own "god tier" and watch them plug their ears and stomp their feet like a toddler.

I said to my wife on monday night "I never thought i'd ever get as much pleasure out of seeing a man hit the turf like i did brady.... but here i am getting erect anytime Mahomes hits the ground."

..... also the constant gushing over Mahomes underhand shovels..... ITS F****** SHOVEL PASS! WHO CARES IF HE TOSSED IT LIKE A SOFTBALL!!!!????

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Their fans are pretty arrogant and can't fathom how anyone could say Allen is better than Mahomes.

You can't even have any sort of convo about it without them basically telling you to F off.

But it's alright. I don't want them to give it to us, I want the Bills to go take it from them.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, danh920 said:

Reid is a character and I was happy he got his ring. 

For some reason, Mahomes face is looking more and more punchable as the years go by. 

I agree. i was happy for him..... little did i know the whole fan base would act like they never had business losing a game for the rest of time...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I like Mahomes alright. I like Reid. But they have some bad personalities on that team. Now that Tyreek Hill is gone, that improves it a little.

They have some terrible, terrible fans though. I know every fanbase has some bad apples, but they have more than their fare share. And their message boards are the worst I have ever seen.

I do find that main message board to be strange.  It's anecdotal, but my other interactions w/ KC fans have been really good, and they seem kind of like us.

But that board is one of the most toxic places not only among sports boards, but on the internet in general.  It's almost cartoonish how vile that place is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I do find that main message board to be strange.  It's anecdotal, but my other interactions w/ KC fans have been really good, and they seem kind of like us.

But that board is one of the most toxic places not only among sports boards, but on the internet in general.  It's almost cartoonish how vile that place is.

You have to wonder how many band wagon jumpers there board has attracted, and how many of them are driving the more distasteful discourse. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Success said:

Is that wrong?  

Mahomes is one of the most fun players in the league to watch. You almost have to love that guy as a general fan of the game. It's cool that he and Allen have so much respect for each other and have said they're friends off the field.  I also have always liked Reid, and he really paid his dues in Philly all those years.  

I also see their market & history has similar to Buffalo.  Not an NFL darling, passionate & crazy fanbase.  Came up short for decades before finally having a team that can deliver.  And Patriots fans hate KC, so that has to count for something.

I find it strange that I don't hate them, because I usually hate any team that ends my team's season even once, and they've done it twice now.

Anyone else feel that way?  I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of vomit reactions, but I was curious.

You might not have a lot of people on this particular corner of the internet agreeing with you, but I don't think it's a weird take at all.

It's why you see fans of many other teams enjoy watching both Allen & Mahomes so much, even more so when they're competing against each other.

I can't "hate" Mahomes either. I went to Texas Tech when he was the QB, I desperately advocated for him & wanted the Bills to draft him in 2017, and then he went on to become one of the most exciting QB's to ever play in the league. He's not disrespectful, he's a good community guy, he always gives back to Lubbock & Tech, and has a good relationship with Josh too.

But hey, all is well that ends well! We got our guy, he developed into a franchise player, & now is the only player spoken of in the same breath as Mahomes. Not Rodgers, not Brady, not Burrow, not Lawrence... just Allen & Mahomes! 😁

So instead, I direct my hate towards the Chiefs as a team & other players who are openly cocky (like Tyreek was). Or I just point my anger towards his idiot younger brother (who even seems to annoy Patrick) 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I lived in KC for a year around the turn of the millennium, and I found KC fans to be pretty good fans.  They wanted to talk about Marv Levy whom they still have a lot of reverence for, they possessed a good amount of knowledge of teams outside KC, they start their tailgate preparations days beforehand, they HATE the Raiders with a passion, and they take their family photos in Chiefs gear.  When the Bills were in town, we got a lot of good-natured ribbing followed by a lot of props for traveling so far to support our team.  Any fanbase is going to have its lowest common denominators, but I found their fan base (and city) to be pretty amicable all in all.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.